Forum des BeeRiders

Vous n'êtes pas identifié.

#51 26-07-2017 05:11:05

yehongkun362330
Membre

Re: Adidas Yeezy-StockX: il mercato azionario delle cose

power of recall among sports people is a peculiar thing. Perhaps it is because their work relies on reaction and instinct but many are prone to misremembering their own spectacular feats: forgetting dates, venues or even the details of the performance itself. For example, in cricket, it is common for batsmen looking back on their careers to recall an early breakthrough knock as a century when it may have only been a match-winning 60. Slowly but surely the sands of time scrape away at authentic memory. During England’s celebrations deep into the London night, after the most miraculous of World Cup wins against India at Lord’s, Anya Shrubsole, player of the match award stuffed in her bag after a match-winning six for 46 (such is her modesty her medal was buried deeper instead of around her neck), was given a piece of advice: to write something down – her feelings, her emotions or simply the thoughts running through her head; to commit to paper a moment that deserves permanency. 广告 England beat India in a thrilling Women's World Cup final - a photo essay Read more As the celebrations at the team hotel wound down and with no after-party on the cards – “Sunday night in London is not exactly banging,” bemoaned Katherine Brunt – Shrubsole went back to her room and made a few notes. She will jot down more precise, coherent thoughts when she finally makes it home and sits on her couch. “Then,” she says, “it’ll all start to sink in.” Sometime down the line we might get to read Shrubsole’s words because what she did, when it looked as if a home World Cup was slipping through England’s fingers in front of a record-breaking crowd tipping over 25,000, needs to be lauded for years to come. The host’s dreams were circling the drain: India needed 38 from 44 balls with seven wickets in hand to beat England’s score of 228. Then Shrubsole happened. Her final spell, which included taking the World Cup-winning wicket, brought her five in 19 balls. She was a non-playing member of England’s win in 2009. She is the reason they are champions in 2017. Even Matt Carpenter Jersey Jeremy Corbyn took the time to congratulate her. “It’s just amazing the kind of people you hear from,” she said. “Someone said it to me [that Corbyn had tweeted her] and I was like, ‘Surely not?!’ Then they showed me. I guess that’s a reflection of the influence that game had on everyone here.” Her football club, Portsmouth, also got in touch. She hopes to be able to watch a game from the directors’ box at Fratton Park early this coming season. Advertisement The key wicket in her final spell came first: the opening batsman Punam Raut trapped lbw for 86. In Shrubsole’s next over two more followed, which included bowling Jhulan Goswami with an inswinging yorker that hit leg stump. It was a fine delivery but Shrubsole had been told to bowl length by her captain, Heather Knight. There were no complaints when a similar delivery struck Rajeshwari Gayakward’s off stump to confirm England’s eight-run win. She cannot recall the intricacies of her spell. That will come, she hopes, when she sits down to watch the highlights. “It is quite hard to remember everything that happened. The noise when we took that final wicket is something I don’t think I’ll ever forget. “ You kind of forget [you’re performing in a World Cup]. You’re so focused on what you need to do that almost everything else, you forget it. It’s only once it ends that you kind of go: ‘I just won a World Cup final’, and it took me quite a long time after the game. I was in a complete state of shock and then you realise the magnitude of what you’ve achieved.” The Recap: sign up for the best of the Guardian's sport coverage Read more No one has better figures in a World Cup for England and none of her team-mates was surprised that she would be the one to drag England over the line. Tammy Beaumont, whose 410 runs enabled her to walk away with player of the tournament, is all too aware how cool Shrubsole is under pressure: “She’s pretty good at those kind of situations. She doesn’t get too emotional.” Shrubsole was made vice-captain http://www.officialcardinalsbaseball.co … ersey.html for that very reason but does admit that she’d “never been so terrified” as when Knight suffered a stress fracture in her foot during the lead-up to the World Cup. Shrubsole can do feisty, though – something she gets from her father, Ian, a bustling club quick who could strike a long ball. Both struggle to keep their competitiveness in check – a trait that has pushed Shrubsole on since she was picked for Somerset Under-12s and realised she had something to offer the game. “Even playing cards,” she says. “Both of us hated to lose at a completely trivial game.” Her father’s photo of her watching him from the stands at Lord’s as a 10-year-old dressed in full whites went viral as she embarked on her incredible last-gasp salvo. On the pitch things were calm. Even with the tension from the stands there was a belief across all 11 out in the field that, because India had not really put a dent in the run rate – the runs required did not dip under four an over – they could instigate panic out in the middle. Knight was responsible for that, keeping her cool while also calming others – Beaumont admits to being “pretty pumped up” as she patrolled the boundary, where she would eventually catch the dangerous Harmanpreet Kaur for 51. They also knew that Veda Krishnamurthy, who was taking the game home with Raut, was on the verge of making a bad decision – “a ticking time bomb” is http://www.panthersfootballprostore.com … -c-32.html how Brunt described her. Once England had Krishnamurthy shackled, she lashed out and hit Shrubsole across the line to Nat Sciver at midwicket. England’s head coach, Mark Robinson, switching intermittently between the bench at the boundary’s edge and the home dressing room balcony to get a higher view of the field, had full trust in his players that India were on the brink of crumbling. “We were one wicket away all the time,” he said. What tension there was seemed exclusively on the periphery of the game. The majority of the crowd’s gasps and groans seemed to drown out the cheers from strong Indian support. Even those in the press box were starting to lose faith: the holding copy for the ECB’s press release, sent out after every match, told of an India win. Heather Knight: ‘It felt like Jenny Gunn had dropped the World Cup’ Read more There was one final twist, when Jenny Gunn dropped Poonam Yadav, with 11 needed from the final 10 deliveries. Such was the ease of the chance that Beaumont began celebrating. Alex Hartley turned to the ground, pumping her fists, not realising the ball had been grassed. Danni Wyatt, not in the playing XI, had hurdled an advertising board to rush the field, assuming the game was done. One inswinger later Shrubsole rendered the error redundant. Wyatt, along with the rest of the squad, made it all the way out to the middle. Still, amid the drama and the “where were you when” nature of the occasion, Shrubsole is staying grounded. “I am a huge believer that you’ve never made it and the day you think you’ve made it is the day that you’re in a lot of trouble. There’s always some way you can improve Devin Funchess Authentic Jersey and hopefully at the end of my career I will look back and think I did as well as I possibly could do.” It seems Shrubsole would like a few more things to write down

#52 26-07-2017 07:58:13

yehongkun362330
Membre

Ben Stokes has called on England to eradicate the inconsistency that has dogged their Test Doug Gilmour Womens Jersey cricket but insisted their desire to win must not be called into question. While English cricket is still basking in the success of the women’s team lifting the World Cup at Lord’s on Sunday, attention will soon switch to the men when they resume hostilities with South Africa in the third Test at The Oval. Joe Root’s side are looking to recover from the heavy loss at Trent Bridge that attracted a raft of criticism – not least in the direction of the batsmen – and once again highlighted the fragility of a side that has now followed their last three victories with defeat and sees the four-match Investec series locked at one apiece with two to play. Stokes, Root’s vice-captain, said: “It is frustrating. We don’t quite know what it is but if we can go forward and eradicate that we will be in a better position. We know how good we are at bouncing back but it is a huge two games coming up, especially this one.” The Recap: sign up for the best of the Guardian's sport coverage Read more Asked whether the outcry that followed Nottingham went too far, Stokes replied: “I think it was. For anyone to question our fight or desire I think is wrong. They should know how much it means to play for England – how much to wear the Three Lions on your chest. We have to take http://www.officialcalgaryflames.com/Ad … ton-Jersey criticism on performances which we are understanding of, but [questioning our] desire is too much.” Quite who Stokes was specifically aiming these words at is hard to pin down – application with the bat, rather than a lack of passion, was the general diagnosis – but clearly England, who will give a debut to Tom Westley at No3 this week, are in the mood to right a few wrongs. It would certainly continue the positivity that followed Heather Knight’s women’s side beating India in dramatic fashion on Sunday, something Stokes, the Nat Sciver of the men’s game, believes can be a source of inspiration. He said: “What they managed to achieve was amazing. To do it at home and at Lord’s as well just shows how far the women’s side has come. They’ve obviously been a huge driving force Authentic Brian Bellows Womens Jersey in getting younger women into the sport too. We couldn’t be more happy for them. We’ve got competitions coming up as well and we hope we can perform as well as they did.” England’s assistant coach, Paul Farbrace, was briefly in charge of the women’s national team in 2000 and credited the win to both the character of the current generation and the bold decision taken by Mark Robinson last year to move on from their record run-scorer, Charlotte Edwards. “It was brilliant, not just for the girls who played but for all the kids coming through,” said Farbrace. “The fact that India got to the final can only be good for women’s cricket in that country. To win it at home, having lost the first game against India, under a lot of pressure, shows a lot of character and a lot of skill. For Robbo to have made the change with Lottie, that was a big decision and so far it has proved the right thing to do.” The success of the women’s World Cup as a whole has given an added layer of impetus to cricket’s bid for inclusion in the Olympic roster too, with the International Cricket Council currently considering an application to feature in the 2024 and 2028 games – the host cities for which will be announced in September. Stokes, who will be 33 by the time the first of those comes around, said: “You look at the golf in the Olympics, that obviously caught the imagination of everyone – it was just as exciting as watching the Open or the Masters. I don’t know if it is going to happen but if it does it would be amazing to represent your country at the Olympics.” Farbrace, in keeping with a more progressive attitude towards the concept of http://www.officialdallasstars.com/Adid … kin-Jersey Olympic cricket in the English game of late, added: “I don’t know how they would do it but anything that gets cricket played around the world and more exposure has to be a good thing

#53 26-07-2017 08:41:55

yehongkun362330
Membre

first two Tests between England and South Africa have offered any number of statistical contrasts. England dominated the first and won at a canter; South Africa dominated the second and won at a gallop. England’s apparent superiority in the opening encounter was however aided by the fielding of their opponents, who as the series started resembled a rabble of slipshod calamity-fiends, determined to turn the first day into a slapstick comedy. In the first innings of the first Test the tourists bowled 13 no-balls. In the second innings, bowled by England, there were three; in the third there was one; and in all five innings since there has not been a single no-ball bowled. What happened on the first day of the series was, then, a bizarre collective anomaly. Morne Morkel bowled Ben Stokes with a no-ball, the record-breaking 13th dismissal he has had chalked off for overstepping in his Test career; Joe Root was caught way out of his crease after skipping down the track to Keshav Maharaj, but the spinner too had erred. While superficially straightforward, Law 24.5(a)(ii), as the relevant rule is snappily titled, continues to test bowlers’ techniques and umpires’ eyesight. 广告 Thrilling England win in World Cup final is great advert for women’s game Read more Since the 1960s, when the no-ball laws were changed to make it easier for umpires to spot them and harder for cheats to cheat them, there has been an intriguing alteration in the number of no-balls being called in Test cricket. The change saw a massive and sustained spike in calls: when the Ashes were contested in England in 1961 there was only one in the entire series (to be fair that was a bit of an outlier: of all England home series it is one of the eight with fewest no-balls, and the other seven were all played in the 19th century. Still, in the 1956 Ashes there were a not-too-dissimilar six); when Australia next visited in 1964 there were 38. From there the number kept rising: in the 2005 Ashes series there were 223. To put it another way, in the 1950s the average Test featured 5.25 of them; in the 1960s, as the impact of the new law started to be felt, there were 10.67; in the 1970s there were 25.36, which was where it plateaued for a while: in the 1980s there were 24.90; in the 1990s 26.97; and in the 2000s 23.49. And then television umpires arrived, and standing umpires stopped looking. In this decade the number has dropped to 9.61, and continues to fall, dipping to 8.05 in the last three years. Advertisement As it stands umpires are effectively punished for checking. If they remain silent and the ensuing Jeremiah Attaochu Womens Jersey delivery is indeed a no-ball and yields a wicket, the decision can be checked and the dismissal overturned with no reputational damage. If they speak out and the delivery turns out to have been legal there is no comeback for the bowling side, and the umpire gets the blame. At the start of last year, in a Test match between Australia and New Zealand in Wellington, Adam Voges was on seven when he was bowled by Doug Bracewell. The on-field umpire, Richard Illingworth, called a no-ball – incorrectly, it transpired – and Voges was reprieved; he went on to score 239. “Richard was distraught afterwards,” the match referee, Chris Broad, said. “I think when anyone is proved wrong in any decision that they make it’s embarrassing. There can be nothing done about it. It was called – that’s the end of the matter. Richard is a Yorkshireman, he shrugs his shoulders and gets on with it.” Sign up to the Spin Read more The flipside of that coin has been witnessed often enough. Perhaps most notoriously, England needed to score 369 runs in the final innings to beat Pakistan at Old Trafford in 2001, or bat through the final day to secure a draw (they started the morning on 85-0, with Michael Atherton and Marcus Trescothick at the crease). In the end, after a wild final session in which eight wickets fell, they got within seven overs of the draw before losing their final batsman. Their cause was hardly helped by a collapse from 201-2 to 230-8, during which four successive wickets – Nick Knight, trapped lbw by Wasim Akram, and then Ian Ward, Andrew Caddick and Dominic Cork, all dismissed by Saqlain Mushtaq – fell to no-balls which the umpires failed to call, the last three all missed by David Shepherd. “We lost four batsmen to no-balls because the umpires were rightly concentrating on the business end of things,” said the batsman Graham Thorpe, a forgiving sort, at close of play. “They were looking for bat-pad catches and sometimes it’s not humanly possible to keep an eye open for everything. However, when you analyse the game, we lost four batsmen we shouldn’t have. Maybe we should be looking at the whole way we use technology in cricket. Pakistan were bowling no-ball after no-ball. Maybe that’s something the third umpire could help police.” Matthew Hoggard, another member of the England team, said that he had “a lot of sympathy with the umpires because there were so many players around the bat they had enough on their plate. The disappointing thing was that the no-balls were so blatant surely the third umpire http://www.sandiegochargersauthorizedst … rsey-elite could have had a word.” The incident had a serious impact on Shepherd. “Shep hurried away from the ground, near to despair,” we wrote in our obituary, after he died in 2009. “He decided on the spot to end his career as a top umpire, and only the daily phone calls from friends, Lord’s, players and umpires persuaded him to change his mind.” The man himself said that in the aftermath “some wonderful people helped me through that. I got letters and messages from others I’d never met and I received kindly words at the ECB. I listened to them all and decided to stay.” It was in July 1962 that the law was changed so that, instead of a bowler’s back foot having to land in the bowling crease, the front foot had to land inside the popping crease. The change was intended to end the habit of dragging the back foot forward before delivery, which was allowing bowlers to release the ball with their front foot a couple of feet beyond the popping crease. “The conference will have earned the gratitude of all batsmen,” the Guardian wrote when the ICC passed the motion. “Fast bowlers may be disconcerted and their control affected slightly for a time. They should quickly adapt themselves. The new procedure seems better and fairer.” Cricket v tennis: how does Lord’s compare to a day at Wimbledon? Read more But when West Indies toured England the following year they refused to adopt the new procedure. “I sense among players and umpires gathering resentment at the unending changes in the laws,” the Times wrote the following April, as the tourists trained alongside Middlesex in the nets at Lord’s. “If it is not the follow-on, they say, it is the placing of the field; if it is not the dragging of the feet, it is the bending of the arm. Yesterday the players were not the only http://www.minnesotavikingsauthorizedst … rsey-elite ones to be shaking their puzzled heads. The umpires were in difficulties as well. To be able to see whether a bowler is cutting the popping crease with his front foot an umpire’s inclination is to stand well up to the stumps. He is required, simultaneously, to see whether the bowler is no-ball on the return crease. And at the same time, he has to set himself to give his decisions at the other end. His job, it seems, grows increasingly complex.” Advertisement There has been no significant revision of the law since, though Sir Donald Bradman, Richie Benaud, Alec Bedser and the Australian umpire Robin Bailhache all criticised the current version, with three main arguments recurring. Ian Chappell, for example, has frequently argued that the law should be changed to allow umpires to make better decisions. “The front-foot law detracts from the time the umpire has to focus on the striker’s end for a possible decision,” he wrote. “A return to the back-foot law would allow umpires more time to focus on the decision-making process, which should bring improved results.” In 2015 the Australian selector Rod Marsh argued that the law should be changed to avoid injuries to umpires. “Put yourself in the umpire’s position when a batsman with a massive weapon runs at the bowler and smashes a straight drive at about chest height,” he said. “I, for one, would want to be standing back as far as possible. By reverting to the back-foot law the umpire has a chance to stand at least two metres further back.” Bob Woolmer, in his book The Art and Science of Cricket, argued that the law should be changed to avoid injuries to bowlers, who by landing their front feet in the same spot wear a hole in the crease, and then continue to land their feet at force on the uneven ground. “This meant that, at delivery, where the largest force goes through the body was where the bowlers were off balance,” he wrote. Last year the Australian journalist Doug Ackerly published a book on the subject, Front Foot: the Law that Changed Cricket, which expanded on the link Fran Tarkenton Authentic Jersey between the no-ball law and bowler injuries. There is no sign of a change in the law, but there will soon be another massive change in its application, at least at the highest level. During the one-day series between England and Pakistan last year the third umpire ruled on no-balls, leaving the on-field officials to concentrate on other business. In May the ICC’s cricket committee watched a presentation about the trial, at the end of which they “recommended that the third umpire should call all no-balls in international matches using instant replays”. That series, as it happens, featured – albeit by a small margin – more no-balls than any other five-match one-day-international series played anywhere in the world in this decade, a taste of what is to come. The next chapter in the no-ball story will feature the technology-assisted elimination of error and oversight, and unless or until bowlers respond to the change by altering their own techniques, an accompanying proliferation of no-ball calls, back to 1990s levels and probably beyond. For all its simplicity, Law 24.5(a)(ii) continues to confound

#54 27-07-2017 02:50:14

yehongkun362330
Membre

September 1993, SK Brann drew 0-0 against IK Start,” begins Tor Henrik von der Ohe. “The next time SK Brann drew 0-0 in a league game was 1 Brian Poole Womens Jersey June 1997 against SFK Lyn; in almost four years they played 89 league games where at least one of the teams scored. Is this a record in the top league of any country?” Trust somebody called ‘Tor’ to ask about goalless draws. While SK Brann’s crowd-pleasing antics are undeniably impressive, they never had a chance of the record. Football was not always as defensively minded as it has been in the last 40 or 50 years. In the days when 2-3-5 was considered a cautious formation, 0-0s were unsurprisingly scarce - as James Clarke confirms with the definitive answer to Tor’s question. “There are three notable streaks in English football of teams avoiding 0-0 draws which make the 89-game run of SK Brann look pretty pathetic really,” begins James. “In fact, considering all tiers of English football, there are 69 different English (or occasionally Welsh) clubs that have matched or bettered SK Brann’s run (not counting cup games, friendlies or games in tiers outside the Football League). This includes 17 of the teams who played in the 2016-17 Premier League, with the only exceptions being Tottenham (maximum 78-game streak), Bournemouth (86 games) and, of course, boring boring Arsenal (82 games). Have any football teams won the league with a negative goal difference? Read more “In English terms at least, ‘Everton’ is the answer to Tor’s question. They went 206 games without a goalless draw from 15 December 1888 (0-0 away at Stoke) to 31 October 1896 (0-0 at home to Wolves), all of which were in the top flight. Bolton also deserve an honourable mention. They were a founder member of the league in 1888, and Bolton fans did not have to sit through a single goalless match for the entirety of the first seven seasons of English football. They even made it past Christmas in the eighth season, until 11 January 1896 (away at Nottingham Forest). That’s 203 games in total.” There’s more: “If you dare to extend to the world below the top flight then Lincoln City hold the record, with a run of 236 consecutive league games without a goalless draw. All of these were in the http://www.officialsfalconsauthenticsho … rsey_Cheap second tier of English football, going from 26 August 1953 (0-0 at home to Bury) up until 21 February 1959 (0-0 away at Leyton Orient).” Normally we’d put an ‘any more for any more’ question here, but we’re pretty confident James has it covered. Players with the same name in the same team (II) In last week’s Knowledge we looked at players with exactly the same names playing in the same team. Most of the examples of this rare occurrence were from the modern era but Marie Grierson plucked a wonderful addition from the archives. “Reading your recent column, I want to talk about the two Ken Smiths of Gateshead United, who played in the 1958-59 season when the team was in Division Four. To separate them, the Football League called them Ken Smith 1 and Ken Smith 2. So far, so good – except that, during a 4-1 win against Carlisle, Ken Smith 1 scored twice and Ken Smith 2 scored once, so the scoreboard read Ken Smith 1 (2), Ken Smith 2 (1).” The Recap: sign up for the best of the Guardian's sport coverage Read more And Daniel Avery has this Highlander-esque gem from Griffin Park in the mid-noughties. “As a Brentford fan, I can help with this. We had two Scott Fitzgeralds who were distinguished by their middle names during the 2004-05 League One season. Interestingly, it appears they never played together on the same team but both made several appearances that season. The older of the two, Scott B Fitzgerald became manager of the Bees in November 2006, released Scott P Fitzgerald by mutual consent on 15 January 2007 and was sacked because of relegation to League Two in May 2007.” “Cheltenham Town had an unusual situation about 10 years ago,” writes Danny Jamieson. “They signed a back-up goalkeeper from Bristol City called Scott Brown, and then in 2007 tried to confuse everyone by picking up Charles Johnson Womens Jersey midfielder Scott Brown initially on loan, before signing him permanently – also from Bristol City. To make things even worse, I seem to remember one of the first team coaches who welcomed them to the club also happened to be called Scott Brown, making three of them at the club at one time. The two playing Scott Browns happened to have been born within two weeks of each other too: goalkeeper Scott Brown was born on 26 April 1985, while midfielder Scott Brown was born on 8 May 1985.” Ben McNamee has another good one: “There was a nice instance of this in 1897 when Manchester City signed two players who were both called William Smith. To differentiate them, supporters began referring to them by the club they had signed from, so they became known as Buxton Smith and Stockport Smith. There’s a team photo here from 1898 which identifies them as B. Smith and S. Smith.” Finally, there are some other examples that a few of you pointed out: England’s squad for the 1986 World Cup had two Gary Stevens, which led to John Motson describing them as “Gary Stevens of Tottenham” and “Gary Stevens of Everton” when they were both on the field against Paraguay in the second round. Wolves have two goalkeepers on their books called John Ruddy. The Fulham curiosities: John Collins and Collins John, and Mousa Dembélé and Moussa Dembélé. Neither pair quite overlapped at the club, however. Goalscoring records held by goalkeepers Advertisement “I was looking through the records for my club, Sheffield Wednesday, and I noticed that the record for oldest goalscorer is held by goalie Mark Crossley, who scored an injury-time header when we drew 3-3 with Southampton in 2006. How many other clubs have a goalscoring record held by their goalkeeper?” asked Andrew Worton. Nathan Eaton takes us back to a blustery St Mary’s some years ago. “My club, Stoke http://www.broncosfootballprosshop.com/ … rsey_Cheap City, doesn’t just have a club record held by a goalkeeper, but a world goalscoring record. When Asmir Begovic scored the opening goal against Southampton in a 1-1 draw in November 2013, his wind-assisted 97.5-yard strike became the longest distance goal ever recorded in the professional game, earning him an official Guinness World Record.” Tom Unwin got in touch to remind us about a Premier League legend’s feat at Goodison Park. “My thoughts turned instantly to my beloved Aston Villa. In October 2001, a 37-year-old Peter Schmeichel scored for Villa away at Everton, though unfortunately his goal wasn’t as dramatic as Mark Crossley’s, this effort being a last-minute consolation in a 3-2 defeat which I believe makes him the oldest Aston Villa goalscorer. From further research, this goal broke another record: Schmeichel was also first goalkeeper to score a goal in the Premier League

#55 27-07-2017 03:42:55

yehongkun362330
Membre

returned from reporting on the Tour de France for the first time I told my Jodie Meeks Youth Jersey then boss, Martin Ayres, that I felt the Tour could be addictive. That was 27 years and 26 Tours ago, which speaks for itself. Now it is time to go through the journalistic equivalent of cold turkey. I have decided this is my last Tour reporting full-time for the Guardian, nearly a quarter of a century after I was first offered the job. I will return to the race, I would hope, but not as a full-time, daily reporter, which is what I have been for 26 of the past 27 Tours – 20 of them completed in full – with all the stimulus, constraints, rewards and stress that role entails. I won’t be on the road next year; if and when I return it will be at a time of my choosing, to write about it in a different and equally rewarding way. I would hope it will be for the Guardian, but that particular decision can wait. Why I don’t think Chris Froome will win a fifth Tour de France William Fotheringham Read more For the moment I would simply like to thank my sports editor, Owen Gibson, for the understanding he has shown about my need to draw the line where daily reporting on the Tour is concerned, as well as his predecessors Michael Averis, Ben Clissitt and Ian Prior. Why draw that line now? The answer lies in those 27 years, virtually my entire adult working life, with the consequent impact on those around me of 26 Julys largely absent from home. In one sense I started in the worst possible year: 1990, after probably the greatest Tour ever, the 1989 race: every Tour I have covered has been measured against that gold standard and found wanting. In terms of pure racing on the road, the plot line of climber against time triallist, the best one would be Marco Pantani’s battle with Jan Ullrich in 1998, but that is rightly remembered for very different reasons – the Festina scandal – and the legacies of both men are blurred, to put it as charitably as I can. It is the human episodes which stick. A long, evening discussion with Robert Millar http://www.officialathleticshop.com/aut … ersey.html somewhere near Mont St-Michel in 1990 which led in a direct line to another, with Philippa York this year; a chance meeting with a yellow-jerseyed Thomas Voeckler en route to the start in 2004; a rest-day ride in 2006 up to Val d’Isère with Bradley Wiggins, who left me near?dead by the roadside. The best (and most bizarre) putdown: Luc Leblanc, in a hotel lobby the day after a dramatic stage win – no questions, I’m waiting for my suitcase. There was a desperate search for Mark Cavendish after his first stage win at Chateauroux in 2008, to produce his ghosted column for the paper: it made the front page with the headline, Guardian Man wins stage in Tour. My favourite remains a time trial in 2001 or so, following Jacky Durand (who knows why): Dudu’s bars came loose, he had no team car with him, but we happened to have an allen?key set – the best thing about the Tour being that such a thing could probably happen even nowThe bad is obvious: year after weary year of doping suspicion and scandal, never more toxic than during the Lance Armstrong era and immediately after, compared to which – and contrary to the views of many observers – the Sky/Froome era feels like a rather genteel village fete. The nadir was “Black Wednesday” during the nightmare Tour of 2007, with Michael Rasmussen going awol and Alexandr Vinokourov going positive. Just before dinner time, damn him. As for the ugly, there have been many, many crashes to write about; some farcical (Sandy Casar and the dog, 2007), many terrifying (Johnny Hoogerland, 2011; Laurent Jalabert 1994). The fatal one, Fabio Casartelli in 1995, remains a sobering reminder of risks we rarely appreciate. In 1990 I was one of five British writers covering the event. French, exclusively, was the language of the race. There were two British cyclists Authentic Terry Steinbach Womens Jersey in the race. Compare and contrast with today’s anglophone race, dominated by the British. On which note, if you had told me in 1990 that we would still be waiting for a French winner in 2017 I dread to think what I would have said. Women could cycle the Tour de France route, so why give them La Course? Read more The day had a gentle routine. Go to the start, park up ahead of the race. Hang around the team cars to find the cyclists. By and large you found who you wanted, because only one team had a bus – Sean Kelly’s PDM team. Drive ahead of the race up the route, trying not to knock down spectators, as far as Kilometre 92, where the Département des Hauts-de-Seine (No92) sponsored a daily buffet of local delicacies for the suiveurs, where you could ponder the merits of half-burnt sparrow gizzard on a stick. Complaints were already proliferating about the gigantisme of the Tour, how its growth – more corporate guests, more vehicles, more spectators, more infrastructure – was making it lose its human touch, how television was favouring spectacle over sport. Compared to the early 1980s and the 1970s change had been extreme but, in truth, the Tour in 1990 was Tony Phillips Womens Jersey a large village, where now it is a small city. The Tour was more carefree, less managed, more homespun. Now it is massively more diffuse, with an epic and intimidating level of security, new since last year

#56 27-07-2017 04:12:30

yehongkun362330
Membre

its own dedicated fromagerie, microbrewery and Michelin-calibre restaurant, it might be easy to forget you have come to watch the football when you are reclining in one of the premium lounges of Tottenham Hotspur’s new £750m stadium. The 61,000-seat behemoth will feature the longest bar in the country, heated seats with built-in USB ports, a glass-walled tunnel so you can see the players before the game and even a “sky walk” allowing fans to clamber over the roof of the arena. “It will be the most technically advanced stadium in the world,” says Christopher Lee, an architect with Populous, the sports and entertainment giant behind the design of the new-look White Hart Lane. “It has to provide a reason for people to get off their sofas and leave their 50-inch flatscreen TVs.” As home entertainment systems become ever more elaborate, allowing fans to watch the action from every conceivable angle in ultra-high-definition, the conventional football stadium is having to up its game to lure people from the comfort of their homes. The promise of a pie, a pint and a good singsong in the stands just is not enoughPeople expect more from the experience and they’re willing to pay for it,” says Lee. While premium seat tickets to Tottenham’s gargantuan silver spaceship will start at £89, membership of its exclusive H Club – which comes with “provision for guests to store their personal vintage wines, cognacs and liquors in a purpose-built, temperature-controlled on-site reserve” – will cost £30,000 for two. That’s the price you must pay for enjoying a plate of specially sourced half-time cheese. Hashtag United, Wimbly Womblys and the virtual gamers striking it rich Read more Besides the Matt Holliday Authentic Jersey fancy catering, the football pitch itself has to work a lot harder, too. This is the first field of its kind designed to split into three parts and slide seamlessly under the seating stands, revealing an astroturf field beneath for American football, positioned at a lower level to ensure perfect sight lines for both modes of play. Acoustic consultants were brought on board in order to guarantee maximum amplification of crowd noise, ensuring a “wall of sound” will resonate from the 17,000-seat south stand, conceived as a single tier to rival the Kop at Anfield or the Yellow Wall at Borussia Dortmund’s Westfalenstadion. So, having reached the apogee of transformable robotic pitches, exclusive fine dining suites and perfectly tuned seating, what next for the future of stadiums? Lee, who has worked on major sports venues around the world, says technology is having a huge impact on how these buildings are being imagined. “Twenty years ago we put screens into stadiums,” he says. “But now we all carry a supercomputer in our pockets, so there are opportunities for layering the viewing experience – from seeing different camera angles in your seat, to tracking the heart rate, speed and impact of players wearing smart clothing on the pitch.” He says the next http://www.officialcardinalsbaseball.co … ersey.html big frontier is holographic representation, describing a world where players might be beamed on to the field from thousands of miles away. “In the not-too-distant future you can imagine Real Madrid supporters in S?o Paulo watching the game in their stadium at the same time as the fans in Spain,” he says. “It’s all about coming together for the collective experienceIt may sound far-fetched but the technology is already here. In its bid for the 2022 World Cup, Japan promised to record games in 360 degrees with 200 HD cameras and broadcast them around the world live in 3D, allowing players to appear in hundreds of stadiums simultaneously as holographic projections. Microphones embedded below the pitch would have recorded every ball kick and tackle whimper, adding to the sense of realism. While Japan’s sci-fi dream lost out to the rippling vaginal vision of Qatar’s stadium plans, it is American football in the US that is now leading the way in developing next generation venues. Given the eye-watering sums generated from the sale of TV rights (with deals worth $27bn), each team in the National Football League is desperately trying to build bigger video screens and provide faster in-seat wifi than the next, even if most fans will never have the chance to experience it in person. The new $1.6bn Atlanta Falcons stadium, currently under construction and due to open later this year, will feature the world’s first 360-degree video wall, running for 335m around the bowl, as well as a vast a rotating oculus roof, inspired by the wings of a falcon, made of eight 500-ton moving pieces. At one point it was even going to include vibrating seatsNFL has become an arms race,” says the architect John Rhodes of HOK, the firm behind the Atlanta project. “It used to be about sheer size, but now everyone’s focused on the convergence of the physical and digital experience, increasing connectivity in the stadium to bring fans closer Derek Anderson Authentic Jersey to the players.” Sport 2.0: crumbling traditions create a whole new ballgame | Sean Ingle Read more He says that parametric modelling techniques are having an effect on the geometry of the seating bowl, too, the layout generated by a whole host of interconnected parameters, from acoustics to distance from the bar and proximity to the bench. He sees a future where the seating bowl might be fragmented into smaller groups of 50-100 people, creating “group suites” to intensify the physical and social interaction between fans, while drones will become a ubiquitous feature – for more than providing an elaborate backdrop to a Lady Gaga performance at half-time. “I don’t imagine drones will be delivering beers to your seat, as some people think,” he says, “but I can definitely see linear bars served by drones running around the outside of concourse. It could have a revolutionary impact on how we think of concessions and eliminate queuing.” Others are less enamoured with the high-tech dream. Jacques Herzog of Herzog & de Meuron, the Pritzker Prize-winning Swiss architects behind several renowned stadiums, from the inflatable bubble of the Allianz Arena http://www.panthersfootballprostore.com … -c-40.html in Munich to the steel tangle of Beijing Bird’s Nest, to the colossal brick cathedral of Chelsea’s forthcoming new stadium, thinks it might all be a distraction. “Everything is becoming too artificial,” he says. “It’s like when I watch my son playing Fifa on his console. If you have artificial lawns and roofs to keep out the rain and snow, you lose the physical authenticity of the moment and make it more of a virtual thing

#57 27-07-2017 04:56:54

yehongkun362330
Membre

Germany took advantage of Sweden’s surprise 3-2 defeat to Italy by beating Adidas Keith Yandle Authentic Jersey Russia 2-0 to win Group B and set up a Euro 2017 quarter-final with Denmark. Sweden will now face the Group A winners, Holland, after losing an enthralling match with the Italians in which they came from behind twice to equalise in Doetinchem before Cristiana Girelli’s decisive late strike. Euro 2017 fixtures and results: interactive wallchart Read more Sweden brought the game back to 2-2 when Lotta Schelin’s first-half penalty and Stina Blackstenius’s 47th-minute finish cancelled out two goals by Daniela Sabatino. But with five minutes to play, the substitute Girelli volleyed home a Barbara Bonansea cross to spark Italian celebrations. Germany, the reigning champions, dominated their final group game against Russia in Utrecht, denying their opponents a single shot on target. Even so, Germany had to rely on two penalties, scored by Babett Peter and the captain Dzsenifer Marozsán, to beat the Russia goalkeeper Tatyana Shcherbak. Germany finished the group with seven points and qualified for the final eight ahead of second-placed Sweden on four points; Italy and Russia were both eliminated with three points each. Their quarter-finals will take place on Saturday 29 JulyFrance overcame the setback of having Eve Perisset sent off to reach the quarter-finals of Euro 2017 with a draw against Switzerland in Breda. The French were staring at a group-stage exit when Perisset was dismissed early on for a professional foul on Ramona Bachmann, with the subsequent free-kick headed in by Ana-Maria Crnogorcevic. Mark Sampson eyes 100% group-stage record as England prepare for Portugal Read more But France secured a 1-1 draw after Camille Abily equalised in the 76th minute with a 20-yard free-kick that slipped through the fingers of the Swiss http://www.authenticfloridapanthers.com … tad-jersey goalkeeper Ga?lle Thalmann. The draw gave France second place in a group they had been widely expected to win, and sets up a likely tie with England on Sunday in Deventer. Austria won the group after a 3-0 victory over Iceland, who were knocked out along with the Swiss. Sarah Zadrazil and the captain, Nina Burger, struck late in the first half and the substitute Stefanie Enzinger added a third after the break to send Iceland home pointless. Austria will face the runners-up from Group D in Tilburg on Sunday. If England hold on to top spot in Group D they will face France, whom they have not beaten since 1974. They lost a SheBelieves Cup match 2-1 in March in their most recent meetingIts size has led to a sense of distance from the race itself and the cyclists. Press rooms can be miles from the finish and most days the only contact with those who actually race is via a video link or a small screen. This year’s single drive down the route was an exception because there was no motorway alternative, a somewhat wistful reminder of a more intimate past. Advertisement What is Amos Youth Jersey harder now is to marry the sense of the Tour as a whole with the daily need for a reporter to know what happens in the race, a requirement that has become more urgent since television coverage moved beyond evening highlights. The race has become a more demanding, more intense place to work, but that work is as satisfying as it ever was, probably more so. The stories feel bigger and have more impact; since 1998 and the Armstrong years the Tour has acquired true global status, magnified in the past 10 years by the immediacy of the internet and the intimacy of social media. It remains a gloriously entertaining and diverse month-long road trip; being able to share some of the fun via Twitter has made it more so. It has been a good race this year: massive events such as Peter Sagan’s eviction, a wealth of attacking, and a tense – if slightly sterile – battle for the yellow jersey. It had its undercurrent of controversy but we are used to that now. I am far http://www.officialcalgaryflames.com/Ad … ton-Jersey from looking at the race with the “tired eyes” Jacques Goddet said reporters displayed when they slammed his 1968 Tour. And that, as much as anything, is why now is time for something else in July

#58 27-07-2017 07:43:52

yehongkun362330
Membre

José Mourinho has identified Tottenham as strong rivals to win the Premier League title next season and compared his challenge at Manchester United to http://www.minnesotavikingsauthorizedst … rsey-elite the one he faced previously at Real Madrid, insisting the club had been left behind in “the evolution of football” when he succeeded Louis van Gaal last summer. Mourinho has previously won the championship in every second season of his managerial career but believes this will be difficult in the forthcoming campaign. The manager feels United are candidates to win a 21st league title but identified Spurs as major contenders because they have retained all their players so far apart from Kyle Walker, who Mourinho asserted was sold to Manchester City because his replacement, Kieran Trippier, may be as good. Paul Pogba’s big-game experience and academy roots key for José Mourinho Read more Asked how he assessed his chances of making United champions again, Mourinho said: “I don’t think we are big candidates for the title but we are [candidates]. Everybody speaks about the dimension of the investment at Man City [so far just below £220m] but there is another team that I feel the dimension of their investment is also phenomenal – Tottenham. Until now they spent zero pounds, right? They keep everybody they want to keep. They keep Dele Alli, [Harry] Kane and [Toby] Alderweireld, they keep Eric Dier, they keep everyone they want to keep. “They sold Kyle Walker I think because they wanted to sell. And probably because they think Trippier is as good as Walker. And he’s younger than Walker. Chelsea are champions and they buy now. We are halfway through the market and they buy [Antonio] Rüdiger, [Tiemoué] Bakayoko and [álvaro] Morata. So every club makes different kinds of investments Authentic Fran Tarkenton Womens Jersey but all of them are investing a lot to win the title.” Mourinho joined Real in the summer of 2010 and claimed the title in his second season, gathering 100 points, then a record for any of Europe’s top leagues. He admitted the challenge at Old Trafford has been just as difficult having inherited a side from Van Gaal that missed out on Champions League qualification. “The hardest part in my opinion was the period where there was an evolution in football overall, in terms of every other team, not just the typical powerful teams but all the others. Their evolution in relation to the changes in football allowed them also to be economically strong and to develop,” he said. “At the same time there was an evolution and Man United did not follow that evolution and my work is not just about arriving at a football team and developing the football team to attack, football targets and objectives; it was more than that. It was to go into the structure and to try to adapt the structure around the football team to a new dynamic. Manchester United beat Real Madrid after farcical penalty shoot-out Read more “That was the same at Real Madrid,” Mourinho added. “A big club with big expectations but a difficult period with the evolution of other teams and the distance between Real Madrid and Barcelona growing bigger and bigger and bigger. When I arrived it was not just about developing a football team to try to stop that domination but also to develop http://www.sandiegochargersauthorizedst … rsey-elite everything around the team and in that respect I can see similarities in terms of the difficulties and similarities in terms of the dimension of my job.” Last season United claimed the EFL Cup and Europa League and Mourinho warned his team will be stronger in 2017-18. “We are better than last season and the spirit is fantastic,” he said. “The confidence levels are good and the fact we had some kind of success last season also was important to relax some personalities. They feel more confident to go into the Champions League without being a candidate. That’s good. “We went into the Europa League with the tag of favourites and that’s not easy to have. Last season Chelsea and Liverpool were not in Europe and that gave them a chance to be better and stronger than the others in the championship.” United have so far invested £31m on central defender, Victor Lindelof, and an initial £75m on No9, Everton’s Romelu Lukaku. “We spent big money on a striker because, with strikers, you either spend [big] or Amos Youth Jersey you don’t get,” said Mourinho. “And we spent because of what happened to Zlatan [Ibrahimovic, who has a serious knee injury] and we cannot allow ourselves to be without an important, strong striker for the first six months of the season

#59 27-07-2017 08:49:32

yehongkun362330
Membre

transfer window is taking the phrase “silly season” to a whole new level, with record signings being unveiled throughout the Premier League. Thirteen of the 20 clubs in the league broke their transfer records last summer but Everton broke the mould. Their record signing dates back to 2014, when they paid Chelsea £28m for Romelu Lukaku. Lukaku has nearly trebled in value in three years, becoming Everton’s most lucrative sale by a country mile, and the club are ready to spend a huge chunk of the £75m they received from Manchester United to break their transfer record once again. They have bid £40m and £45m for Gylfi Sigurdsson but Swansea City are holding out for another £5m. Swansea reject Authentic Justin Faulk Womens Jersey second Everton bid worth £45m for Gylfi Sigurdsson Read more We all know how this ends, with Swansea getting the fee they want and Everton getting their man. Everton secured the services of the Swansea captain last season when they signed Ashley Williams and they are just a few million short of repeating the trick this summer. Sigurdsson was instrumental for Swansea as they escaped relegation in the last few weeks of the season, so it’s little wonder the club have asked for such a huge sum, but is he really worth all that cash? There’s little doubt that Sigurdsson is a quality player at Premier League level, but he turns 28 in September and is not likely to improve. You know what you’re going to get with Sigurdsson, which might be a positive for some, but you also know what you’re not getting: an elite player. Perhaps some other signings in the £50m bracket – such as Kyle Walker and Benjamin Mendy – are not elite players either but at least they are among the best available in their positions. That is not really the case with Sigurdsson. His impressive statistics from last season show he is a superb set-piece taker but his creative output is somewhat skewed by that fact. His tally of 13 assists last season was the third highest in the Premier League – behind just Kevin De Bruyne (18) and Christian Eriksen (15) – and fifth-equal in Europe’s top five leagues, where he tied with Luis Suárez, the most prolific assist provider in La Liga. However, only five of Sigurdsson’s assists came from open play, which puts him outside the top 20 in the Premier League and equal 85th in Europe, below the man he is tipped to replace at Goodison Park, Ross Barkley (who provided six assists from open play), and level with the returning Mike Gartner Authentic Jersey Wayne Rooney, who had less than half as much gametime as Sigurdsson. The majority of Sigurdsson’s assists came from set pieces – eight of the 13 – which was enough to put him alongside Toni Kroos as the best in Europe’s top five leagues, but Everton have just sold their big target man and none of Lukaku’s replacements in attack – Sandro Ramírez, Davy Klaassen and Rooney – are as strong in the air, suggesting Sigurdsson’s greatest asset will not be put to use too often. His tally of six assists for Fernando Llorente last season was the joint most effective combination in the Premier League, but Everton do not have a player like Lukaku or Llorente on the books at present, which makes £50m look like a huge gamble. Sigurdsson was not nearly as effective from open play last season. His figure of 25 key passes from open play was incredibly modest to say the least. It’s the same number that Gareth Barry and Idrissa Gueye produced for Everton from holding midfield and less than half of Barkley’s totalThe Iceland international may have valuable Premier League experience but there are significantly cheaper alternatives out there. Ronald Koeman should consider Chievo’s Valter Birsa and Montpellier’s Ryad Boudebouz, who are both available at a fraction of the price. Birsa provided five assists from set pieces in Serie A last season and, crucially, he created more chances from open play than Sigurdsson (38 to 25). Advertisement When it comes to creating chances, Algeria international Boudebouz is streets Authentic C.J. McCollum Womens Jersey ahead. The midfielder – who is thought to be available for around £15m – created the most chances per game in Europe’s top five leagues last season (3.5), with 68 of them coming from open play. At 27, he is the same age as Sigurdsson but he offers considerably more by way of dribbling ability – 2.7 dribbles per game compared to 0.8 – while matching Sigurdsson for tackles per game (both 1.2) – and he also produced those figures while playing under similar circumstances in a relegation battle. With more goals (11 to nine) from significantly fewer shots, Boudebouz could be a steal. Everton have also been linked with a move for the Las Palmas captain Jonathan Viera, whose release clause of £27m is about half of Sigurdsson’s asking price. He didn’t score as many goals or lay on as many assists – seven goals and seven assists for Viera, compared to nine goals and 13 assists for Sigurdsson – but he is far more inventive in general play, with 67 key passes when excluding set pieces. With a greater number of dribbles (two per game) and tackles (1.4 per game), the Spanish playmaker would also be a more cost-effective option – and he is capable of playing deeper in midfield or wide on the left if necessary. How will Monaco cope after losing so many of their title-winning stars? Read more Sigurdsson’s time at Tottenham should also give Koeman some doubts. He may not have been given enough time in his best position to impress but his failure to make the grade and force himself into the team should be a concern. Sigurdsson didn’t look close to a £50m player then and in truth he doesn’t now either. It may not be the biggest http://www.officialblazershop.com/authe … ersey.html fee in the current window, but that shouldn’t stop Everton from assessing players who could offer them more for considerably less money

#60 27-07-2017 09:09:33

yehongkun362330
Membre

Lucy Bronze may have grown up in north Northumberland and have the accent to prove it but her olive skin suggests a southern European heritage. “My dad’s Portuguese, from Lisbon,” says Mark Sampson’s right-back, who looks set to be a star of Euro 2017. “My mum, who is English, met him in Darrelle Revis Womens Jersey Faro and she’ll make sure he’s supporting England on Thursday night. He’ll be told who to support.” Euro 2017 stutters of Germany and France a sign of rising standards Read more Bronze will run out against her father Joaquin’s homeland in Tilburg knowing that the Lionesses require a point, at most, to finish top of Group D before the knockout phase – and wondering what might have been had she accepted an invitation to represent Thursday night’s opponents. “I was asked to play for them on Facebook,” says Bronze, who spent part of her childhood living off the north-east coast on Holy Island, otherwise known as Lindisfarne. “A woman called Mónica Jorge, who’s now the head of women’s football in Portugal, got in touch. “She must have watched an England youth game I was playing in and heard it mentioned that I was half-Portuguese. She got in touch with my mum and dad on Facebook and basically said: ‘Obviously, it’s a long shot as Lucy’s playing for England’s junior teams but if there’s ever a chance she might want to play for Portugal we’d more than welcome her into the squad and develop her.’” Jorge may not have been overly optimistic yet the prospect of Bronze switching allegiances was not quite as remote a possibility as she imagined. “I was about 16 at the time and I didn’t break into the England senior team until I was 21,” the 25-year-old Manchester City defender says. “Before then it hadn’t looked on the horizon. “In the end I only broke into the squad for the 2013 Euros because there were a lot of unfortunate injuries and it felt like I’d just been chucked in. Hope Powell [Sampson’s predecessor] said: ‘We’ve got a few players injured, you’re the next one in.’ So I didn’t really feel like I was properly in the squad. Advertisement “It got http://www.officialnikejetshop.com/darr … -c-15.html close to the point where I was thinking: ‘I just want to play international football and I’m just as much Portuguese as I’m English.’ It wouldn’t have felt like a disservice to England. But then the managers changed, Brent Hills [the interim head coach] played me and Mark’s played me.” With Portugal the tournament’s bottom-ranked team and England among the favourites to lift the trophy, Bronze has no regrets before what should, nonetheless, be an evocative evening in the southern Netherlands against a side still in with a chance of reaching the quarter-finals. “I’ve never faced Portugal before,” she says. “But I know two of their players. I’ve been quite close to Amanda Da Costa because I played with her at Liverpool. She was in the same situation as me – she was American but with Portuguese parents – and we used to joke that we’d go to play for Portugal together if we didn’t get the chance with the USA or England. “Amanda’s ended up deciding on Portugal and I’ve stuck with England. At the end we’ll maybe swap shirts; it would be nice to have a Portugal shirt. I also know Ana Borges, who played for Chelsea, but her English isn’t fantastic so I’ve spoken to her in Portuguese a few timesBronze is http://www.authenticchicagoblackhawks.c … nder=Youth too modest to describe herself as fluent but she will be able to understand the chatter between Thursday night’s opponents. “My brother was born in Portugal and we were brought up to be bilingual,” she says. “Dad used to speak to us in Portuguese but we always replied in English. That’s probably why I’m not very comfortable speaking Portuguese.” Although “not a cricket fan” she has been inspired by the example set by England’s women cricketers in winning the World Cup. “A lot of our girls are friends with some of the cricketers,” she says. “And we share a lot of ideas and methods about building a team and having a winning mentality with the cricket girls, as well as with all sorts of other women’s sports teams.” Such cross-fertilisation seems to be paying dividends. “It means we’re Marcus Kruger Jersey the best prepared we could be, both mentally and physically,” says Bronze. “We’re really going for this tournament. We’ve worked so hard to get positive media coverage and now we want to reach our peak in the final. We want to become European champions

#61 28-07-2017 03:16:59

yehongkun362330
Membre

Team Sky changed their jerseys from black to white for this year’s Tour de France, it was a fairly transparent attempt to rebrand themselves as good guys. A line of eight or nine riders in pitch-black uniforms stretching out at the front of the peloton day after day, squeezing the life out of the competition, was never a sympathetic look. So now, as Chris Froome closes to within one 22.5km time trial around the sights of Marseille and one ceremonial parade into Paris of his fourth Tour win in five years, did it do the job? On an aesthetic level, perhaps it did. The Sky squad still rode on the front, all eight of them en bloc after an accident forced Geraint Thomas to withdraw, but the sight of that crushing might was less oppressive. How Stephen Roche ruled cycling in 1987 Read more In competitive terms, however, they were even more imposing. Very early in the race we could see how their massive budget had been used to assemble a group of riders of formidable skills to support Froome’s campaign, including some – like Michal Kwiatkowski and Mikel Landa – who might have had legitimate ambitions of their own had they been with other teams. The decision to leave Peter Kennaugh and Ian Stannard at home was made on the basis that for this assault only the very, very best would do. They began with the unexpected bonus of four days in yellow for Thomas, the winner of the opening time trial. But then day after day Sky’s squadron of domestiques de luxe rode at the front, challenging the teams of Froome’s principal rivals – Romain Bardet’s AG2R-La Mondiale, Fabio Aru’s Astana, Rigoberto Urán’s Cannondale-Drapac – to meet them on their own terms. None could manage it, although Bardet’s men gave it a decent go on Thursday, when they swept to the front of the peloton on the Col de Vars in an attempt to provide their leader with the platform from which to launch a race-winning assault on the Izoard. They crumbled eventually but at least they tried. As a group, Sky ride to their power meters, and as individuals they are strong and clever enough to execute that carefully plotted strategy with such efficiency that no serious rival can ride away from them. But it has not made them loved, or even admired, by those who value bike racing for its humanity, spontaneity and unpredictabilityFroome is a likeable man who fought hard to get where he is. His whirring, elbows-out style symbolises his status as something of an outsider. He has spent the past three weeks overcoming a series of minor misfortunes: an off-road excursion, a broken spoke and a sudden loss of power at the top of Peyragudes. Yet he continues to bear the brunt of the team’s unpopularity. On the way to victory in 2015 a cup of urine was thrown in his face. This year a New York Times reporter wrote of seeing fans on the Mont du Chat painting a syringe on the road, bearing Froome’s name, until a race official Philipp Grubauer Jersey persuaded them to erase it. Last Sunday he was booed by local fans as he chased after Bardet on the road towards Le Puy-en-Velay. As Barry Hoban said on ITV, the French have always tended to boo foreigners who take over the race and threaten their favourites. The great Eddy Merckx, he recalled, was mercilessly abused. Sometimes they even boo their own: “In the days of the rivalry between Jacques Anquetil and Raymond Poulidor, Anquetil got booed because they liked Poulidor.” In a way it is a compliment: Merckx and Anquetil were both as close to unbeatable as it gets. Boasson Hagen breaks clear to win stage 19 as Froome tightens grip on Tour title Read more In fact Froome is probably getting an easier time from the French than from the British. Many fans in his adopted country find it difficult to warm to a man born in Kenya and educated in South Africa who joined http://www.officialcapitalsauthentic.co … uer_Jersey Sky to take advantage of a setup based on British Cycling’s Olympic programme. He has never lived in Britain or shown much of an interest in racing in the country whose flag he flies, except when it came to the 2012 Games. Even if he goes on to win five or more Tours de France, it is hard to imagine him carrying off the BBC sports personality of the year award. There is also the issue of the doubts surrounding his team’s ability to live up to their original proclamations of rising above cycling’s tainted past. Since the Fancy Bears hackers broke the news of Bradley Wiggins’s previously unpublicised use of therapeutic use exemptions, Sky’s leaders have provided an object lesson in how not to deal with a crisis. Dave Brailsford, having begun his campaign of denial at the start of the year by borrowing from his friend Alastair Campbell’s playbook, has suddenly switched to the mode of public relations employed by Sean Spicer (until Friday’s resignation). A policy of restricting press briefings to selected broadcasters and denying access to print journalists was bad enough. To tell a couple of journalists from the Cycling News website this week he would not talk to them because they had “been writing shit about me” was to go the full Donald Trump. Orica-Scott: 24 hours Authentic Chris Kaman Youth Jersey on the road with the Australian Tour de France team Read more It was also unwise, not least because neutrals could see the piece to which Brailsford referred, published last month, was reasonable in its criticisms of the way he has handled the recent crisis. It was Brailsford’s failure to make a convincing case for his team’s innocence – or, failing that, to admit to errors – that got him into this unhappy position, where formerly sympathetic journalists are now calling for his resignation. “We make history – you just write about it.” Those were the scornful words spoken by Ron Dennis, the former mechanic who built the McLaren grand prix team into a technology company worth billions, to a reporter. It’s true, of course. All journalists know that but Dennis was stupid to say it. All his claim did was reveal the arrogance that brought about his downfall when he was finally forced out of the company a few weeks ago (if, that is, accepting £250m for his shareholding can be described as a downfall). It’s something for Brailsford to bear in mind when he leaves the celebrations of Froome’s success in Paris on Sunday night. By accepting the responsibility of a public position and by making claims http://www.officialblazershop.com/authe … ersey.html the probity of his organisation, he invited constant scrutiny. The best way to handle that is to remain calmer than your critics, to recognise truth is stronger than PR, and to accept your own vulnerability

#62 28-07-2017 03:47:03

yehongkun362330
Membre

the Tour de France organisers devised a route to discomfit Jacques Anquetil, who had just won the race for the third time. The time trial kilometrage was slashed and the mountain stages increased. It did not work: Anquetil took his fourth Tour in emphatic style. A similar process can be traced leading to Chris Froome’s fourth Tour win, sealed in Marseille in one of the most scenically beautiful and atmospheric stages the event has ever run. This Tour route looked tailored for the young French hopeful Romain Bardet, he of the nerveless descending skills, more downhill skier than cyclist, but the outcome was the same as in 1963: the man who, on paper, was least favoured by the route, ended up the winner, taking his fourth Tour. Chris Froome: ‘I’d like to be here for the next five years, trying to win’ Read more There were two schools of thought going into this Tour. One held that the new format would result in a nervous, open race. The other that the race would be conservative and tense, with most of the contenders watching and waiting for the final two key stages: Thursday’s finish on the Izoard and Saturday’s time trial. These past three weeks have tended towards the latter, a few flurries from Daniel Martin and Simon Yates apart. Froome lost time in the mountains, for the first time in his winning run, to Bardet and Rigoberto Urán. Thanks to their stage wins, they fared slightly better than Froome when it came to securing time bonus seconds. Most tellingly of all, on every mountain stage apart from Peyragudes, the trio finished within 10 seconds of each other. A Tour designed with a bare minimum of time trialling has been won in the time trial stages in Düsseldorf and Marseille. Froome’s rivals will reflect on missed opportunities: at Chambéry, where Froome had a mechanical issue, Fabio Aru attacked and Richie Porte made the opposition wait for the race leader. There was no particular reason for them to do so, other than a decidedly tenuous convention that, in certain circumstances, the maillot jaune should be given leeway. Advertisement More conventionally, on the super-short mountain stage to Foix, none of the riders who had seen Froome’s weakness at first hand the previous Noah Hanifin Womens Jersey day (at Peyragudes) made a real effort to test him. No one was quite certain what his issue had been and it would surely have been worth seeing what the after-effects were. Most glaringly, however, when he suffered a broken spoke at the foot of the Col de Peyra Taillade en route to Le Puy-en-Velay, none of the leaders attempted to go clear of the main group on the climb. It was a perfect opportunity because – for perhaps the only time in the Tour – Team Sky were in disarray. It is hard to imagine Bernard Hinault, Eddy Merckx or Lance Armstrong letting such an opportunity slip away. Froome won in the style of Anquetil, managing his time gaps, marking his rivals. He owed an immense amount to his team. Among his daily rituals, one was never missed: massive heartfelt thanks to the other riders in white Sky jerseys. One rival team manager summed up the opposition’s frustration. “Sky have a world time-trial champion [Vasil Kiryienka] who can ride in the valleys. They have a former world road champion [Michal Kwiatkowski] who can bury himself on pretty much any climb. And they have a guy [Mikel Landa] who is capable of winning the Tour who can stay with Chris when the going gets tough. “There are people asking why the top guys on general classification don’t attack Chris – but they would need to be putting out a zillion watts to do that.” It is when you turn to Team Sky, however, that Froome’s triumph becomes complicated. Four wins is a massive achievement, the moment when a rider http://www.officialauthenticsaintsstore … ersey.html suddenly attains greatness. There should be huge excitement around a feat that places a rider in the same bracket as Hinault, Merckx, Miguel Indurain and Anquetil, but that was hard to detect hereOn Saturday, the Tour was relegated to page 12 of l’Equipe. There was little Froome love in evidence. A few boos en route to Le Puy-en-Velay and some whistling on Saturday apart, there has been no antipathy either, unlike other years, but it seems that Froome is only slowly winning over the French. Advertisement “He’s the victim of Sky’s image to some extent,” says Jean Montois, who has covered 35 Tours for Agence France-Presse. “After Wiggins, everyone emphasised the dehumanised side of Team Sky but Froome has everything that should make him popular: he’s polite, he’s fair play, he makes an effort to talk French. “Like in all sports, the public doesn’t like a team that crushes everyone else. If he had lost one of his Tours by 15sec, he’d be very popular. I can sense small changes, however; last year was better than 2015 and this year that’s continued.” The questions regarding Team Sky remain. They do not touch Froome directly, but are bound to detract from his moment of triumph. Having announced Paul Dawson Authentic Jersey during the Tour that he will ride a further two years at Sky, he and the squad are bound together. The issues unveiled in the past nine months, at the centre of UK Anti-Doping’s inquiry into allegations of possible wrongdoing, make a grim list, starting with 55 doses of the performance-enhancing corticosteroid triamcinolone acquired between 2010 and 2013, with no clear explanation of what it was all used for; Froome, however, has told the Guardian he did not use any of the triamcinolone and was not offered any. Add in the delivery of testosterone patches to the then team doctor Richard Freeman, claimed to have been a mistake; allegations of widespread use of the painkiller tramadol; curiously timed Therapeutic Use Exemptions for Wiggins, coinciding with major target events. All this on top of the hiring of a doctor, Geert Leinders, who is now banned for life for misdeeds connected with his previous team, Rabobank. This relates to a period between five and six years ago, but the issues remain unresolved, with the Ukad inquiry yet to be completed. Here is the conundrum of Froome 4.0. Being expected to celebrate a clinically taken victory, forged with the help of one of the most complete team performances the Tour has seen, is one thing. Being expected to do so against Sky’s background is like being asked to dance at a wedding when the groom’s previous wife disappeared in unexplained Authentic Paul Kariya Youth Jersey circumstances. Like it or not, want it or not, however much one might admire Froome’s management of the race, relishing this success is somehow hard to do

#63 28-07-2017 04:14:44

yehongkun362330
Membre

The French capital was in lockdown on Sunday, with extra rings of security around the Champs élysées, which had been turned into a vast sterile zone as a foretaste of what awaits the French capital when the Olympics arrive in either 2024 or 2028. In an understandable attempt to put Paris on display as never before, the race was routed through the Brooks Reed Womens Jersey Grand Palais with the riders racing under the famous glass roof, originally erected in 1897 for the universal exposition of the turn of the century. For Chris Froome it was but a novel diversion en route to confirmation of his fourth Tour de France victory. The Team Sky rider crossed the line in the bunch behind the stage winner, Dylan Groenewegen, to win the yellow jersey by 54 seconds from Rigoberto Urán Bike races have been sent through buildings before – there is a legendary kermis in Belgium which went through a bar full of drinkers and cyclo-cross races are sometimes sent through beer tents – but this was about more than merely upping the returns in adjacent brasseries. Coming as it did the day after the start and finish in Marseille’s Stade Vélodrome – albeit far from full due to the fact that few ticket holders wanted to stay in the stands all day – the Grand Palais detour was further evidence that the Tour is constantly looking for new ways to reinvent itself, and a reminder that it increasingly sees itself as a way of showing this multifaceted country to the world. Lockdown could serve as a metaphor for the Tour as a whole, given the way the overall battle had panned out since the race left Düsseldorf 22 days ago. In four of the five previous Tours, Team Sky had brought their cycling version of catenaccio to bear on the race, but they had never done so to the extent they managed this year, with the yellow jersey only eluding them for two days once Geraint Thomas had won the opening time trial. For kilometre after kilometre the white train ground out the pace on the front, up hill and down dale, at times lining out the entire race when on paper it was not strictly necessary. As Froome’s fourth win loomed large, it was inevitable that at least one French newspaper – Le Figaro, as it turned out – would describe the Tour winner using Antoine Blondin’s sublime pun, “gérant de la route” – a wordplay on the verb gérer, meaning to manage or regulate, and the hoary French cliche for the Tour riders, les géants de la route. An English translation might be accountancy on wheels. Or to paraphrase Geoff Nicholson, hoarding seconds like supermarket discount coupons. Advertisement Froome himself said that this was his and Team Sky’s chosen approach. “We knew in Düsseldorf that it would be tight. It was always the tactic to ride this as a three-week race, not to go out on one day to blow it up, smash it for the stage win … just chipping away every stage to make sure there were no massive losses. That’s normal when on a bad day http://www.footballpanthershop.com/Char … rsey_Cheap in the mountains you can lose minutes. It’s been about doing it in the most conservative and efficient manner. That’s what Grand Tour racing is.” Compare and contrast with Dan Martin, who treats the key days like individual one-day classics, but – before you veer too strongly towards espousing Martin’s philosophy – bear in mind who actually won. Fourth Tour wins are the penultimate step to cycling greatness, but often do little to warm the soul at the time. This could certainly be said of the three that I can personally recall: Lance Armstrong in 2002 (with the usual proviso that it has been struck off), Miguel Indurain in 1994 and Bernard Hinault in 1982. They seem to be ones for the record books rather than the heart, but they can be turned by an individual’s approach. Hinault, in 1982, faced the same issue that confronted Froome as he approached Paris on Sunday: a Tour without a stage win, and the consequent carps about a lack of panache. Sky’s the limiting factor for Chris Froome in Tour de France popularity stakes Read more The Badger’s response was to win the bunch sprint on the Champs élysées, but this is not one from the Froome copybook. Having said that, Froome’s great strength over his four victories is his ability to adapt to whatever the Tour organisers present to him, and whatever fate decrees. 2013 had a wealth of time trialling and an immensely tough finale in the Alps; in 2015 there were cobbles and a team time trial but barely any individual time trials, while in 2016 there was more time trialling and a downhill finale into Morzine, in teeming rain, not to mention the run up Mont Ventoux. He is a champion who has versatility and grit, if not charisma or popularity. His approach to the latter is summed up by his answer to the question Chris Harris Jr Authentic Jersey of why he felt he did not need to give press conferences on the rest days. “Rest days are meant to be rest days and a big press conference is not good for recovery. I felt it helped me being able to switch off.” If Froome chooses to pursue a “marginal gain” by hiding from a 15-minute discussion with the people whose job it is to present his personality to the world, he can hardly complain if his personality is not understood or appreciated for what it is. This is the Team Sky approach of winning at all costs; in this case the cost has to be borne by him. For the neutral there was much unbridled bike racing by individuals of character and panache to be savoured through the 2017 Tour, with the unfortunate proviso that very little of it actually involved the battle for the overall title. Some days will live in the memory: the moyenne montagne stage to Les Rousses won by Lilian Calmejane, Steve Cummings’s attempt to take the stage to Peyragudes, Sunweb’s battle with Quick-Step on the road to Romans-sur-Isère on behalf of their sprinters Mike Matthews and Marcel Kittel, Alberto Contador’s raging against the dying of the light en route to Foix and Serre-Chevalier, and Edvald Boasson Hagen’s cunning on Friday at Salon-de-Provence. Two stages can be seen as key episodes in the picaresque three-week soap opera: the Düsseldorf time trial, because of the time gained by Froome, and the message it sent about the probable outcome in Marseille three weeks later, and Chambéry, with the crash that eliminated Richie Porte – whose BMC team looked second strongest to Sky – and which put Daniel Martin physically and temporally on the back foot for the rest of the race. Tour de France 2017 – in pictures View gallery What of the opposition? They fell upon a Froome who was probably not as strong as in the past, but who had the nous, the sangfroid and the team to get him cycling’s greatest prize. “At the moment we’re not ready to beat Chris Froome. Most teams aren’t,” said Orica-Scott’s director sportive Matt White, who placed a Yates brother in the top 10 and the http://www.jetsofficialsonline.com/Bust … rsey_Cheap white jersey of best under-25 for the second year running. “We’ll be coming back with a leader next year to try to beat Chris. Everyone is beatable. The model that Sky run and how they race makes it difficult. I’ve no idea what it’s a sign of but this year in general we haven’t seen him at the level of the past. That level was still good enough to win the Tour de France, and that shows the class of the man

#64 28-07-2017 05:05:02

yehongkun362330
Membre

After Simon Yates emulated his brother Adam’s feat by taking the white jersey of best young rider in the Tour de France, finishing seventh overall to his twin’s fourth last year, the Orica-Scott directeur sportif, Matt White, has an intriguing conundrum on his hands: whether to unleash the brothers in tandem on the Tour de France and, if so, when. Chris Froome: ‘I’d like to be here for the next five years, trying to win’ Read more For twins to take the same Norichika Aoki Jersey classification jersey in the Tour in successive years is unprecedented while it is rare indeed for brothers to make the top 10 two years running. But Simon showed similar talent to Adam in the world’s biggest bike race, which means the brothers have now posted two top-10 finishes in two Grand Tours in the space of two years. “It’s been incredible,” White said. “We came in with the goals of winning the white jersey and finishing top, those are pretty lofty goals for a kid who’s never ridden the Tour de France for the general classification. “But Simon has ticked those boxes and he is going to take a lot out of these three weeks.” Yates’s verdict on the three weeks was that it was good to keep the jersey in the family but he had further reason to be satisfied. Not only did he attack at Foix and Le Puy-en-Velay, attempting to find openings, but in the mountains he had shown patience and intelligence in the harder moments, refusing to make the classic mistake of trying to stay with the pace when the climbers were making it hard, instead time after time setting a rhythm that suited him and limiting his lossesThat comes with maturity,” White said. He recalled that Yates was riding his third Tour, having been brought to the start at short notice Joakim Nordstrom Womens Jersey in 2014 when his race was cut short by the team to his initial displeasure. Advertisement “The most pleasing aspect is to show that maturity under pressure. This is the biggest race of the year and the most pressured environment and he’s handled that very, very well. It’s in his personality; he’s quite a calm character.” Asked to compare his two protégés, White believes that behind their near-identical looks are “two very different people”. He added: “Adam is naturally a little bit more aggressive, which is why he’s won the one-day races, Simon is a bit more conservative and I think that bodes well for his character as a GC racer. They both handle pressure very well. “Last year with Adam it wasn’t planned that he would ride GC, we just planned to support him and it evolved into general classification. He was second or third for the vast majority of the Tour and for those three weeks the pressure with the media, the fans, control, arriving to the hotel last – that intensifies the environment we’re already on in the Tour. Both of them have handled that pressure very well. The great fascination with the twins is just how far they will improve given they are only 24 and have perhaps three or four seasons ahead of them in which their bodies will mature, White says. “Some things are numbers and you have to put out a certain number to time-trial and climb http://www.officialhurricanesproshop.co … les_Jersey with the best. We’re not there yet. No reason to say there shouldn’t be [improvement] but, how much, is the million-dollar question? We don’t know what the cap is for those guys.” Five reasons why Chris Froome and Team Sky dominated the Tour de France Read more In 2015 the twins were brought to the Tour together to gain experience and in the next few years White is likely to put them both back in the race to provide a two-pronged attack on Froome. “I’ve got some ideas for next year. We will look at the profile of the Giro, Tour and Vuelta and make a call after that. “We’re not ready Jonathan Quick Youth Jersey to beat Chris Froome, so maybe we have to try another avenue – the Giro or the Vuelta. We’ll come back to challenge next year and hopefully it will be closer,” White said

#65 28-07-2017 05:56:41

yehongkun362330
Membre

who watched Annemiek van Vleuten’s sickening, bone-crunching crash as she was heading for gold in the women’s road race at the Olympics last summer will have been roaring her over the line in the concluding stage of La Course on Saturday. Van Vleuten was a worthy winner, having battled back to fitness after suffering three spinal fractures and a severe concussion in Rio. Her victory means a Dutch rider has won the race in three of the last four years. The previous three editions of La Course took place on the final Sunday of the Tour de France, with a sprint on the Champs-élysées, but the organisers introduced a new format this year. On Thursday, riders raced a 67km mountain stage from Brian?on to the top of the fearsome Col d’Izoard. The top finishers from Thursday qualified for a 22.5km pursuit-style individual time trial in Marseille on Saturday. Annemiek van Vleuten wins La Course stage one with Lizzie Deignan second Read more The first attack Ed Dickson Authentic Jersey on Thursday came from world time-trial champion Linda Villumsen as the race neared the foot of the Izoard, rearing up out of the Alps and climbing to 2,360m through the eerie parched landscape of the Casse Déserte, the backdrop for so many grand exploits on the Tour de France. Boels-Dolmans, the team of British champion Lizzie Deignan swept to the front of the race, controlling things perfectly for Deignan to launch her own brutal attack on the lower slopes, shedding all but four of the elite group of 20 riders still left in contention: Megan Guarnier, Shara Gillow, Elisa Longo-Borghini and Van Vleuten. However, despite having a team-mate as experienced and capable as Guarnier – who won the Giro Rosa and the Tour of California last season – Deignan could not keep up with Van Vleuten with just over 4km left to climb. Van Vleuten has been focusing on her climbing since Rio and her recent training at altitude paid off handsomely. She knew she had to build a lead before Saturday’s pursuit stage and her tactics paid off. “You also have to think about the legs,” she said after the race. “In the end it turned out great and proved to be the right time to goThe second stage of the race was largely academic given van Vleuten’s healthy time advantage – 43 seconds – and Deignan’s decision to drop back and wait for team-mate Guarnier and Longo Borghini who had started some 40 seconds behind her. The gamble did not pay off for the British rider, who eventually beat the Italian in a two-up sprint inside the Stade Vélodrome to finish in second place. Lizzie http://www.panthersfootballprostore.com … -c-28.html Deignan critical of La Course format after V http://www.authenticmilwaukeebrewers.co … ett-Jersey n Vleuten's easy win Read more Deignan was critical of the new two-day format, saying she had considered Thursday as a race but the pursuit as a “bit of fun”. “The format needs some work – it was good but there is definitely work to be done. I’m open-minded to the concept, but it needs tidying up. We took it as seriously as probably we felt the organisers took us today.” Judith_Arndt, the three-time world champion, was more scathing: “I’m not sure I understand what’s good about presenting people with a poor product if you actually have a really good one.” Kathryn Bertine, one of the original movers and shakers behind La Course, said the organisers had substituted “progress for shapeshifting” but Marianne Vos was more diplomatic, saying: “I am optimistic. It’s a fun, renewed format for both the riders and the public.” Naturally, Van Vleuten was more impressed. “It was super,” she said. “There were so many people on the course. It made us go really fast. Hopefully we entertained the people.” Van Vleuten’s Strava file from the Izoard shows she was the second faster rider on the climb that day – only Warren Barguil went quicker. “I think people really like to see that; girls are also pretty fast on the bike,” she said. “It was a great moment to ride up the Izoard with lots of people to watch.” Advertisement Although women riders have tackled the epic climbs of the Grand Tours in the past, this was the first time in over 30 years they had raced on a mountain parcours on the roads of France. When Laurent Fignon stood on the top step of the podium in the 1984 Tour, he shared the honours with American rider Marianne Martin, who had romped to victory on the relentless slopes of the Joux Plane. That women are reduced to riding a shortened mountain stage and a novelty pursuit 30 years later seems a huge step backwards. Meanwhile, Donnons des elle au Velo J-1 were busy winning the hearts of the French public by riding the entirety of the Tour de France route one day before the professional peloton. It’s a timely reminder, if one were needed, that women are more than capable of handling a three-week Tour. Helen Russell, the Current British quadrathlon champion, is someone who knows how much suffering and triumph is involved in riding the route of the Tour de France. She rode the route in 2015 alongside former footballer Geoff Thomas as part of the One Day Ahead team in a bid to Travis Shaw Womens Jersey raise money for Leukemia Research. “The idea that the Tour de France route would be too hard for women has been proven to be wrong by the amateur women who have ridden the route over the years,” she says. Condoms, chicks and La Course: the Tour de France still has a sexism problem Read more “They’ve shown that the mileage and terrain is not beyond the capabilities of women riders. In years gone by women weren’t allowed to run marathons due to concerns over their health. These days that seems laughable and hopefully one day the idea that there can’t be a women’s Tour de France will be just as laughable.” With the Izoard stage of La Course pulling in 1 million viewers in France alone, the demand is clearly there. As cyclist Leah Kirschman put it: “Fun to race in front of the crowds in Marseille, but time gaps much too big. Who votes for a stage race next year?!” The reply is clear: the viewing public. It’ll be interesting to see if the organisers step up to the challenge in

#66 28-07-2017 08:27:15

yehongkun362330
Membre

no disrespect to Chris Froome immediately after his fourth Tour de France win I do not believe the Team Sky leader will make it five and thus join the ranks of the immortals: Indurain, Merckx, Hinault and Anquetil – not next year and probably not the year after. I appreciate Jered Weaver Authentic Jersey that accusations that I am indulging in anti-Team Sky, anti-Froome wishful thinking will flood in but I would like to think the judgment is based on logical analysis as well as emotion. That is not emotion in the tear?your?hair?out sense but on the feeling you get in your bones. This was not actually the closest of the Froome Tours: that was 2015, when Nairo Quintana had the form to win and might well have done so if Movistar had been more dynamic before unleashing him at L’Alpe d’Huez. However, the 2017 race was a Tour in which Froome never looked dominant. Not winning a stage is not a sign of a lack of charisma – winning bike races is hardly simple, as everyone knows – but it is usually an indication that a champion is not quite what he was. Chris Froome: ‘I’d like to be here for the next five years, trying to win’ Read more Partly this may be down to Froome’s preparation, which targeted the final week, but Froome at his best would have had the ability to go with Warren Barguil when he attacked on the Col d’Izoard at the Tour’s final summit finish. Froome is now 32, a difficult age for a Tour champion, and while he has defied the years thus far, maturing relatively late, it cannot go on for ever. That is the law of nature. This year he had the look of a rider who is not quite what he was, who won by canny riding and with the help of a supremely strong team. One would like to imagine that Tom Dumoulin and Vincenzo Nibali watched this year’s Tour with an eyebrow raised. One would like to hope that both will come to the Tour next year at their best, sensing that there might be more than half a chance to topple the man who has dominated http://www.authenticsandiegopadres.com/ … cin-Jersey the race since 2013. Each rider offers a different skill set – Dumoulin in time trials, Nibali in his race knowledge and his riding up and down mountains – and the combination of the two of them would add to the challenge for Froome, who lacked seasoned opposition this July. Next year the opposition will proliferate and most of those involved will have less to lose than this year. Romain Bardet will know that the podium will no longer satisfy France and it would be better to risk all and go down in flames. France has only so much patience with followers. Rigoberto Urán, Daniel Martin and Richie Porte will be older likewise, of course – the same argument of anno domini applies to them as much as to Froome – but they will still threaten. Potentially, he could turn up in the Vendée in 2018 to face a dozen serious threats, many of them younger than him. The only way to beat Team Sky is to disrupt their game plan and prevent them from racing how they want to. This never happened in 2017, partly because Astana’s challenge faltered, partly because there were not enough mature contenders in the race. Teams need to present the multiple challenge, one to attack from distance, one to sit tight and watch. A combination of Dumoulin and Barguil – backed by the same strong Sunweb team that rode so well this year – could be very threatening, simply because of their contrasting racing styles. So, too, the Yates twins for Orica, who do similar things on the bike but have unique knowledge of each other and unique loyalty. They will be a year older and stronger, with two Grand Tour top-10 finishes behind each of them. The transfer market – Fabio Aru, Mikel Landa, perhaps even Quintana – will be closely watched but teams of ambition will look to present multiple options on the start line next year in Noirmoutier. Unlike Froome the bulk of the opposition is made up of relatively young riders with headroom for improvement. Potentially he could turn up in the Adidas Derek Roy Authentic Jersey Vendée in 2018 to face a dozen serious threats, many of them younger than himThe final factor is the route. It will not be an anti-Froome route because no such thing exists. The Kenya-born Briton has proved he can win on any kind of Tour route with any ratio of time trialling to climbing, any proportion of mountain top finishes to valley finishes. But the race is bound to go deep into Brittany next year and no one would bet against Christian Prudhomme taking the riders down the ribinou, the rough Breton tracks that feature in the Tro Bro Léon. Chris Froome wins fourth Tour de France after Champs élysées procession Read more That will bring in a massive element of the unexpected – not necessarily to Froome’s detriment, as he mastered the cobbles in 2015. Additionally, the race will not include an opening time trial, which will make it more open than this year. This year’s relative abundance of sprint stages was an aberration and there should be more of the hilly days which make the race more interesting and, for Sky, harder to keep a grip on. I have the utmost respect for the way Froome races. I feel I barely know him even after watching him in the yellow jersey for four years out of the last five; from what I can tell from our few one?on?one conversations he is a decent, driven, hard-working bike rider. From what I have http://www.authenticbuffalosabres.com/a … kov-jersey seen on the road his Tour management is second to none. Everyone knows he has the best team behind him and, whether Landa stays or goes, that will not change. He will not need any extra incentive. So go on, Chris. I will be happy if you prove me wrong

#67 31-07-2017 03:05:07

yehongkun362330
Membre

Wallabies skipper Stephen Moore will retire from international rugby at the Authentic Rod Langway Youth Jersey end of the year and is handing over the captaincy to Michael Hooper effective immediately. Moore told his team-mates late on Wednesday of his decision to step aside despite only last month declaring his intention to play on until the 2019 World Cup. Wallabies go commando with mental fortitude just as important as fitness Read more The 34-year-old hooker will play one more season of Super Rugby with the Queensland Reds next year before hanging up his boots for good. “I’ve had a long career and my time in the game is something I’ll look back on very fondly,” Moore said. “That being said, there’s still a lot of rugby ahead of me over the next 12 months and I hope to be able to contribute to the success of the Wallabies and the Reds with the time I have left.” The writing was on for the wall for 120-Test veteran during the June window when he was dropped to the bench for the clashes against Fiji and Scotland. Coach Michael Cheika said at the time Moore was still the team’s captain, with Hooper only taking on the responsibility on match day, and insisted he had a role to play at the World Cup. However, Moore appears to have changed his mind at some point since. State of the union: can Australian rugby reclaim the glory days? Read more The impact of a gruelling pre-rugby championship training camp in Newcastle, formulated because of complaints Australian Super Rugby players were not being prepared well enough for Test rugby, may have played a role. “Stephen still http://www.officialcapitalsauthentic.co … hie_Jersey has a big role to play within the team. This isn’t a farewell right now - he’s fully committed to getting the gold jersey back to the top this year,” Cheika said. Exactly who will succeed Moore at hooker in the long term is unclear. Tatafu Polota-Nau replaced him at No2 when he was benched in June but the Western Force veteran is 32, while the only other hooker in the squad is Under-20s star Jordan Uelese. NSW’s Tolu Latu is injured while Andrew Ready, Moore’s highly rated Reds teammate, has stalled in his development this yearIn Japan, the Top League – a professional competition – includes many Australian coaches and players and is of a reasonably high standard. Teams such as Panasonic Wild Knights and Suntory Sungoliath are owned by major Japanese corporations, and this is where the real money lies in Japanese rugby. If the Force or the Rebels could form a commercial partnership with a Japanese company which did not already own a Top League team, it would be a financially viable operation at little or no cost to the ARU. You could ask the question why an Australian team would be invited to play in the Top League? Well, the Japanese Sunwolves compete in Super Rugby and if an Australian Super Rugby team is culled, they will most likely be placed in the Australian conference. On this basis alone it would be http://www.officialblazershop.com/authe … ersey.html impolite for the Japanese to reject any Australian overtures, but there are potential mutual benefits. For a start, it would be far better for the ARU if the Rebels or the Force played in Japan than to lose a franchise altogether. Australian Super franchises are already exploring commercial opportunities in Japan. The NSW Waratahs, for example, are sponsored by Japanese air conditioner manufacturer Daikin. An Australian team playing in the Top League would strengthen the commercial relationship with Japanese rugby and create new sponsorship and broadcast opportunities for both countries, particularly heading into the 2019 World Cup in Japan. If an Australian team is culled, their Wallabies will be absorbed by the other four Super Rugby teams, but what about the rest of the players? They will be unemployed. To be sure, the best of those leftover players will probably pick up contracts in Europe or even Japan. Others could seek opportunities in Sydney, Brisbane or Canberra club rugby to remain noticed or even the ITM Cup in New Zealand. But what about junior players in Melbourne and Perth? If the Rebels or the Force no longer existed, what would the kids aspire to? Who would be Evan Turner Womens Jersey their local heroes and role models? If the threatened pair played in the Top League, there would still be a professional pathway for elite juniors in Western Australia and Victoria

#68 31-07-2017 03:40:37

yehongkun362330
Membre

New Zealand is rolling out drug testing of its leading high school rugby teams Dee Milliner Jersey in a move to address concerns about doping infiltrating the sport at junior level. Drugfree Sport NZ said it had information which indicated “a significant potential for doping to occur” within the school rugby environment. The top four first XVs would have their urine tested at a tournament in September, with their samples sent to the World Anti-Doping Agency-accredited laboratory in Sydney – the same facility that drug-tests the All Blacks. Because of the young age of the boys they could choose to have a “representative” with them when they supply the sample. Russian doping mastermind benefited from London 2012 drugs ‘preview’ Read more Scott Tibbutt, chief operating officer of Drugfree Sport New Zealand, said his organisation had been concerned about doping and “uncontrolled” supplement use at high-school rugby for years, after reports emerged from South Africa, Canada and England of drug use trickling down from the professional leagues to the top school teams. Competition at high school level has become intense in rugby playing nations around the world, with the best players able to move to professional careers straight after their studies - where lucrative contracts and sponsorship deals are on offer. It was hoped drug testing alongside education would act as a deterrent to resist doping, Tibbutt said, and help young players move through the ranks without sucumbing to drugs or unnessary use of supplements. “It is disappointing for us that supplement use and performance enhancing drugs seem to have become normalised in society and people seem to http://www.officialnikejetshop.com/denn … e-c-6.html understand if you want to get big or ripped or faster you take supplements and that quite simply isn’t the case; the only thing supplements do is create expensive urine,” said Tibbutt. “This age group is of concern because they do have such pressures on them at this level to win and progress.” A study conducted by the University of Otago in 2013 surveyed 142 boys in the first XV rugby teams around the country, and found more than 70% had used four or more supplements in the past six weeks, and five individuals had taken illegal performance-enhancing drugs. If those figures were extrapolated to top-level rugby around the country that meant one boy in every match could be on drugs, said Dr Hamish Osbourne, who worked on the study. Students used to take drugs to get high. Now they take them to get higher grades Read more Reasons the boys gave for using drugs or supplements were to recover faster from injury, give them an edge over the competition in important matches, or to enhance their looks or muscle tone. Of http://www.authenticchicagoblackhawks.c … nder=Youth the 70% who admitted to using four or more supplements the most popular types were protein powders and energy drinks such as Gatorade. Dr Osbourne said heavy reliance on protein powders was risky as numerous studies had shown 15- 30% of powders bought off the internet were laced with anabolic steroids and other stimulants, and the “feel-good” buzz they gave users could be a slippery slope to harder substances. The new testing regime could be rolled out to elite schoolboy rugby across New Zealand, said Tibbutt, if further research proved the problem warranted a national approach. Reaction to the testing from coaches and schools was mixed, with some applauding the measure to crack down on drug use among young players to stop it progressing or becoming a habit. Others said it was “unbelievably sad”. “We’re incredibly disappointed,” New Zealand Rugby Players’ Association chief executive Rob Nichol told the New Zealand Herald. “This is school; an educational environment for kids to learn. Now we’re Michael Jordan Womens Jersey talking about policing them under an anti-doping regime which is extremely staunch.” Prime minister Bill English said he supported the move as the pressure in the top leagues was immense

#69 31-07-2017 04:19:14

yehongkun362330
Membre

poured and lungs heaved during an intensive training session on a Sydney hillside last weekend, Michael Cheika’s intentions for his Wallabies could not have been more clear: improved fitness is a priority ahead of the Bledisloe Cup opener against the All Blacks on 19 August. Players were even made to run up a hillside with their mouths taped shut (to ensure Sebastian Aho Authentic Jersey they only breathed through their noses) as Cheika and his conditioning staff seek to find any advantage over their trans-Tasman rivals. Further gruelling drills were seen in Newcastle early this week, and more await the squad in their camps in Cessnock and Penrith. Quade Cooper omitted from Wallabies squad – but Cheika leaves door open for return Read more But the Wallabies not only need to improve their strength and fitness, they must also develop mental toughness if they are to learn how to deal with the pressure that goes hand-in-hand with playing top-flight rugby. After Australia’s abysmal performance in Super Rugby – just one team, the Brumbies, made it into the post-season – it would not surprise if the players’ state of mind was fragile. A commando style boot camp is required to get the players ready both physically and mentally. According to the Australian Defence Force, “a commando is mentally tough, quick-thinking, innovative and can keep a cool head in difficult and complex situations” and those attributes will be needed if the Wallabies are to upset the All Blacks and hold aloft the Bledisloe Cup for the first time since 2002. In Super Rugby, Australian teams have not coped at all well with pressure, something that was never more evident than in the Brumbies’ 35-16 loss to the Hurricanes in last week’s quarter-final in Canberra. With Australian teams losing all 25 games against New Zealand opposition in the regular season, it was always unlikely the Brumbies would beat the defending champions, but they had a few things going for them. Courtesy of Super Rugby’s conference system, the Brumbies had home http://www.authentichurricanestore.com/ … c-442.html ground advantage against a team that had earned more competition points than them. The men from Canberra were also uplifted by the inspirational comeback of Christian Lealiifano, who had recovered from cancer. Advertisement And at the start of the game the Brumbies dominated possession to an extraordinary extent. Unlike rugby league, the scoreline in rugby does not always follow the flow of possession, but you have to have some ball. After 15 minutes the Brumbies had enjoyed 82% of possession. They achieved this incredible disparity largely by winning the re-starts, which demonstrated that if you compete hard for every piece of possession, you give yourself a chance. To their credit, the Brumbies scored a couple of nice tries by James Dargaville and Josh Mann-Rea and led 16-15 at half-time, raising hopes of an improbable victory. After the game the Hurricanes captain, TJ Perenara, revealed they focused on building pressure in the second half and you could almost hear the Brumbies cracking under the strain. The pressure applied by the Hurricanes adversely affected the Brumbies’ attack as well as their defence. Guardian Australia sport newsletter: subscribe by email Read more The Australian side had attempted to incorporate the Kiwi tactic of attacking from turnover ball this season, but in the second half on Friday when they had a couple of opportunities they looked for the refuge of the touchline instead. Under pressure, the Brumbies reverted to http://www.officialcapitalsauthentic.co … hie_Jersey type. This is the challenge for Cheika as he prepares the Wallabies for the All Blacks. It will not matter what clever tactics or strategies he comes up with if the players cannot deal with pressure because they will return to bad habits. One of the reasons former Wallabies coach Robbie Deans made Rocky Elsom Test captain was because he was a player who was prepared to “stand up against the tide,” particularly against the All Blacks. The game of rugby ebbs and flows. The tide will inevitably turn against you and when it does you must have players who are capable of absorbing pressure and then turn it back onto the opposition. No matter how well the Wallabies play against the All Blacks in patches there will come a time when the tide will turn. This is the moment in the game when players need to be both physically and mentally strong, commando style. Who among the Wallabies will stand up against the king tide that is surely coming

#70 31-07-2017 05:06:32

yehongkun362330
Membre

The shadow sports minister has criticised the Rugby Football Union’s decision not to renew the contracts of England women’s 15-a-side players and urged Michael Hutchinson Authentic Jersey the governing body to reconsider. In a letter to the RFU chief executive, Ian Ritchie, Dr Rosena Allin-Khan said the organisation was showing it was “far less than fully committed” to the women’s game. The contracts of the England players looking to defend their World Cup crown in Ireland next month will expire after the tournament, with the focus then shifting to sevens. Despite the undoubted success of England’s women – having gloriously won the World Cup in 2014 – the RFU continues to argue that this shift in emphasis was always the long-term intention. Emily Scarratt’s boot hands England World Cup final win over Canada Read more However, Dr Allin-Khan suggested that system was unfair on the players, whom she described as a “source of inspiration to countless girls and women the length and breadth of the country”. She wrote: “Although the RFU’s statements have made clear that the RFU is ‘cycling’ between contracts for the 7s and 15s according to the schedule and focus of the major international competitions, it should be noted http://www.officialwinnipegjets.com/Adi … ers-Jersey that the RFU is placing the risk of playing international rugby on the players themselves. Asking players to pause and resume their professions every two years puts their futures at considerable risk. England women’s rugby union squad contracts will end after World Cup Read more “For an organisation with a total annual revenue in the hundreds of millions, to make this decision is deeply disappointing. Surely the RFU should be focused on investing in both aspects of the women’s game and should be prepared to back this up with secure contracts for both teams – 7s and 15s. After all, this is the commitment that the RFU has made to the men’s game in England. “The most concerning aspect of this news is what it says about the RFU’s ongoing commitment to the women’s game. As you yourself have clearly stated: ‘48 professional player contracts are being awarded for the England Women’s game as part of England Rugby’s ongoing commitment to the professionalisation of women’s rugby.’ This discontinuation of these contracts David Perron Authentic Jersey sends the opposite message: that the RFU is far less than fully committed to the women’s game.” She added: “We have come such a long way and the England Women’s team have rewarded us with no less than world titles. We cannot fail them with a poverty of ambition or investment. We therefore strongly urge you to reconsider this decision.” The first central contracts issued by the RFU were for sevens in the buildup to the 2016 Olympics in Rio. After that 15s contracts were issued as preparations began for the 2017 World Cup. The next batch of contracts will be focused on the 2018 World Cup Sevens and the 2018 Commonwealth Games in Australia. The 15 full-time players currently on 15s contracts have been aware since April the current cycle would end after the World Cup. An additional 17 players have been issued short-term contracts for the tournament. Ten http://www.officialdallasstars.com/Adid … uis-Jersey of the current 15s squad are set to be retained as sevens players post-World Cup. England begin their World Cup defence against Spain on 9 August

#71 31-07-2017 05:45:34

yehongkun362330
Membre

The chief executive of the Rugby Football UnioIf the Brumbies marched into the Super Rugby final, that would solve much of the Wallabies’ match-fitness Gary Roberts Jersey problem, right? Well, not necessarily. In the Wallabies’ final Test of the June series against Italy only three Brumbies started – Scott Sio, Allan Alaalatoa and Rory Arnold – while another two – Sam Carter and Joe Powell – sat on the bench. That said, Henry Speight would have been in the squad had he been fit. It won’t happen any time soon but why shouldn’t the Lions tour Argentina? Read more Notwithstanding the NSW Waratahs’ horror season, it is hard to imagine Cheika omitting the likes of Michael Hooper, Bernard Foley, Israel Folau, Sekope Kepu and Nick Phipps from the Test squad, while Ned Hanigan and Jack Dempsey may get another look in. And you can expect players such as Wallabies captain Stephen Moore, Quade Cooper, Reece Hodge, Dane Haylett-Petty and Lopeti Timani, from Australia’s other under-performing Super Rugby teams, to be in the Test squad too. So even if the Brumbies reach the final, only a few of them will make the Test team if past selections are any guide. But if the Brumbies do advance all the way, Cheika must strongly consider building the Test team around the men from Canberra because they will be in form and match hardened. It is counter-intuitive that Australia’s best Super Rugby team should not have the most players in the Test squad. The Wallabies’ success in the 1991 World Cup was built on the foundation of an undefeated Waratahs team, while victory in the 1999 World Cup was due largely to the contribution of the Queensland Reds, who won the Super Rugby minor premiership. The Wallabies need at least one high-performing Super Rugby team, and preferably two, to ensure the Test team is internationally competitive. At present, the ARU and the Wallabies coach are not permitted to influence a player in his choice of Super Rugby team, but perhaps they need to do the opposite to maintain two, or maybe three, strong franchises to underpin the Wallabiesn, Ian Ritchie, has written to the shadow sports minister, Dr Rosena Allin-Khan, to defend the decision http://www.officialcalgaryflames.com/Ad … nla-Jersey not to renew the contracts of the England Women’s 15-a-side team. Dr Allin-Khan wrote to Ritchie last week to urge him to reconsider the move as it suggested the RFU was “far less than fully committed” to the women’s game. This letter, signed by 124 MPsfrom across the political spectrum, was sparked by news that the contracts of the England players aiming to defend their World Cup crown in Ireland next month will expire after the tournament, with the RFU’s focus shifting to sevens. England women’s rugby union squad contracts will end after World Cup Read more Dr Allin-Khan wrote that the RFU policy of “cycling” between contracts for sevens and 15-a-side rugby, depending on the next target, was “placing the risk of playing international rugby on the players themselves” and it was unfair to expect them to “pause and resume” their careers every two years. “For an organisation with a total annual revenue in the hundreds of millions to make this decision is deeply disappointing,” she added. “Surely the RFU should be focused on investing in both aspects of the women’s game and should be prepared to back this up with secure contracts for both teams – sevens and 15s. After all, this is the commitment the RFU has made to the men’s game.” But on Friday Ritchie wrote back to Dr Allin-Khan to say the RFU was “extremely proud” of its record in women’s rugby and that it takes “player welfare extremely seriously”. “There Adidas Reto Berra Jersey are 17 players on full-time contracts this season and there will be 17 players on full-time contracts next season,” Ritchie wrote. “Because there is significant crossover between sevens and 15s players in international women’s rugby, many of the players on 15s contracts will transition to sevens contracts. “It would harm the performance of both the sevens and 15s teams if we were to treat them as separate elite squads and therefore we work on a cycle to match the international rugby calendar and select the strongest available squad for each major tournament.” Noting that central contracts were first given to female players in 2014 before the Rio 2016 sevens tournament, in which England finished fourth, Ritchie wrote that after August’s World Cup the next targets are the 2018 Sevens World Cup, the sevens at the 2018 Commonwealth Games and Tokyo 2020. England take professional approach to retaining Women’s World Cup Read more He also wrote that the RFU, the world’s richest rugby governing body, would be supporting any 15s player who does not get a sevens contract so their move from international to club rugby “is as smooth as possible” and claimed all concerned had been “heavily consulted”. Ritchie also defended the RFU’s wider commitment to the women’s game, pointing out it was investing £2.4m over the next three years in a new domestic competition and will be launching a campaign after the World Cup to double grassroots participation to 50,000 players by 2021. He did, however, offer Dr Allin-Khan some reassurance that her cross-bench http://www.authenticcoloradoavalanche.c … roy-jersey lobbying efforts were not completely in vain. “We will, of course, consider the concerns you have raised regarding the cyclical nature of the focus of the England Women’s team and we do aspire to increase the support that we give to the elite pool of players,” wrote Ritchie

#72 31-07-2017 07:42:11

yehongkun362330
Membre

Quade Cooper has been omitted from Michael Cheika’s extended Wallabies squad ahead of next month’s Bledisloe Cup opener against the All Blacks, although the coach indicated the decision would not spell the end of the flashy but often unpredictable playmaker’s international career. The move leaves Bernard Foley as the only specialist flyhalf in the extended squad picked by Cheika for a series of training camps starting north of Sydney next week. Kurtley Beale, a utility back who recently returned from England, was recalled to the squad for the first time since the 2015 World Cup and is only other potential No10 in the Michael Wacha Jersey initial group. Under-prepared Wallabies need match-hardened Brumbies for Bledisloe Cup Read more Cooper’s omission is his first based on form since former Wallaby coach Robbie Deans left him out of the 2013 British and Irish Lions series. “One of the big things is for him to look like he’s enjoying his footy and getting out there and really being a competitor for that 10 jersey,” Cheika said. “We have had a talk about the reasons why and obviously a lot of that is around trying to get him back into the space where he can be that player that is going to get us around the park and do the stuff we want him to do. I don’t feel like that has been happening. I really want to give him a clear picture of how to get back into the scene and put himself out there for selection.” Eleven uncapped players were named in the initial 40-man group, which excludes ACT Brumbies players set to contest a Super Rugby playoff against the Wellington Hurricanes on Friday. Backrower Scott Higginbotham, who has played 34 Tests for Australia, was one of the other notable omissions. Western Force props Pek Cowan and Tetera Faulkner were rewarded for their Super Rugby form and are back in the national frame for the first time since their last tests in 2014. The Test squad will be chosen in the first week of August. “We have a lot of work to get done between now and 9 August when we play New Zealand in Sydney,” Cheika said. “That work started in June, we tried to maintain some of that throughout the last rounds of Super Rugby and now we start to take it up a level.” Australian http://www.officialcardinalsbaseball.co … ersey.html train-on squad: Forwards: Jermaine Ainsley, Adam Coleman, Pek Cowan, Jack Dempsey, Kane Douglas, Sef Fa’agase, Tetera Faulkner, Ned Hanigan, Richard Hardwick, Michael Hooper, Sekope Kepu, Adam Korczyk, Tolu Latu, Sean McMahon, Stephen Moore (captain), Tatafu Polota-Nau, Tom Robertson, Izack Rodda, Rob Simmons, Lopeti Timani, Taniela Tupou, Jordan Uelese. Backs: Kurtley Beale, Israel Folau, Bernard Foley, Will Genia, Dane Haylett-Petty, Reece Hodge, Karmichael Hunt, Samu Kerevi, Marika Koroibete, Campbell Magnay, Billy Meakes, Eto Nabuli, Sefa Naivalu, Izaia Perese, Nick Phipps, Curtis Rona only one Australian team in the Super Rugby playoffs, the Wallabies are in real danger of being badly under-prepared when they face the All Blacks in the Bledisloe Cup opener in Sydney on August 19. The Brumbies are Australia’s sole representatives in the playoffs, while four of the five New Zealand teams have reached the top eight as well as three South African sides. Wallabies coach Michael Cheika lamented the lack of fitness in the Australian squad during the June Tests against Fiji, Scotland and Italy, but the situation is about to get a lot worse. When the Wallabies kick off their Bledisloe Cup/Rugby Championship campaign, the vast majority of the squad will not have played a game for over a month, which means the players will be severely lacking in match fitness. Cheika has organised three training camps for the Wallabies in Newcastle, Cessnock and Penrith and no doubt will work them hard, but there is no substitute for playing games. Even if Cheika holds inter-squad matches, it will not be the same as the real thing. Move an Australian Super Rugby club to Japan and solve ARU problems Bret Harris Read Walt Weiss Womens Jersey more Conversely, the All Blacks will be well primed after a highly physical and intense Test series against the British and Irish Lions, and you would have to think Kiwi teams will be involved in every stage of the Super Rugby playoffs. This very worrying problem for the Wallabies could be alleviated to an extent if the Brumbies somehow managed to reach the Super Rugby final, but realistically how likely is this to occur? Australian teams have lost all 25 regular season games against New Zealand opposition this season. It would be asking a lot for the Brumbies to upset the defending champions, the Hurricanes, in their quarter-final in Canberra on Friday night. The vagaries of the Super Rugby conference system, however, give the Brumbies an unlikely chance to at least advance to the semi-finals. If playoff places were determined by overall competition points, the Brumbies would not have made the top eight. They would have been in ninth place with 34 points. But because the Brumbies finished on top of the http://www.officialathleticshop.com/aut … ersey.html weak Australian conference - which included four of the seven last-placed teams on the combined table - they gained automatic entry to the playoffs and home-ground advantage in the quarter-final.

#73 31-07-2017 08:18:45

yehongkun362330
Membre

The England women’s rugby union squad will play in the World Cup in Ireland Derek Norris Youth Jersey next month knowing that their contracts will not be renewed whether they successfully defend their title or not. Maggie Alphonsi, who has retired since collecting her World Cup winners’ medal in 2014, has described the news as “very disappointing” and while both she and some MPs have reacted with dismay to the emerging news, the Rugby Football Union has defended the switch in emphasis to the sevens game after the 15-a-side tournament. The RFU’s director of professional rugby, Nigel Melville, said the players were told in the spring. England take professional approach to retaining Women’s World Cup Read more There are currently around 50 players on a mixture of full-time and part-time professional contracts but according to reports, the number of full-time contracts will be reduced to 17 after next month’s Women’s World Cup is over and all will be for rugby sevens. The new XVs contracts are due to be signed prior to the 2021 World Cup. “The women’s squad were always aware that contracts would end in September after the World Cup,” said Melville. “The current XVs squad was informed in April that the next contracts will be focused on sevens, reflecting the cyclical nature of the women’s game. The squad fully understands the position and are focused on the World Cup in Ireland next month.” The decision, which has come to light on a weekend when the England women’s cricket team won the World Cup at Lord’s and the football team are on course for the quarter-finals of Euro 2017 in the Netherlands, has been sharply criticised by two female Labour MPs. Barbara Keeley, MP for Worsley and Eccles South, called it “a shameful decision” and Gower MP Tonia Antoniazzi said on Twitter: “Another huge blow for women with contracts being slashed by England RFU.”The RFU has argued that the priority has to switch from XVs to sevens with the Rugby World Cup Sevens and Commonwealth Games taking place next year. They also highlighted the millions of pounds invested in the women’s game, which has included £800,000 spent annually on http://www.officialmetsproshop.com/Gary_Carter_Jersey a new domestic club competition aimed at increasing and improving the game at a grassroots level. Advertisement England, who have named a 28-strong squad under the direction of the head coach, Simon Middleton, begin their defence of the Women’s World Cup against Spain in Dublin on 9 August. England are drawn in Pool B and will also face Italy and the USA in the first phase. All England games will be broadcast live on ITV. Fifteen of the squad, which shares a total of 1,207 caps, were part of the 2014 World Cup-winning squad and six players, Natasha Hunt, Katy Mclean, Emily Scarratt, Emily Scott, Danielle Waterman and Amy Wilson-Hardy, represented Team GB sevens at last year’s Rio Olympic Games. Following Authentic J.J. Hardy Womens Jersey a successful three-Test tour in New Zealand, where England beat Australia, Canada and the host nation, the side go into the competition ranked No1 in the world. “We are confident we have an incredibly strong squad, made up of hugely experienced players who have featured in previous Women’s Rugby World Cups and other major tournaments such as the Olympics,” said Middleton. “At the same time, we have younger players who have been involved in a grand slam-winning side and a successful three-Test series against some of the http://www.authenticflyerstore.com/auth … ersey.html best teams in the world earlier this month

#74 01-08-2017 03:07:12

yehongkun362330
Membre

Novak Djokovic is set to miss the US Open after one of his doctors indicated he will need six to 12 weeks to recover from an elbow injury. But Andy Alex Ovechkin Womens Jersey Murray’s chances of playing at Flushing Meadows would appear more positive, with the Scot continuing his rehabilitation from a hip problem. The last grand slam of the year starts in just under five weeks on 28 August, meaning Djokovic will run out of time if the latest assessment is correct. Andy Murray: ‘I knew I wasn’t going to do any major damage to hip by playing’ Read more The 12-times major champion was forced to retire injured during his Wimbledon quarter-final against Tomas Berdych and said after the match he had been feeling pain in his right elbow for more than a year and a half. He has since been seeking advice from specialists, including the Serbian doctor Zdenko Milinkovic, who said Djokovic is suffering from a “bruised bone due to excessive playing”. “Nole must rest for six to 12 weeks,” Milinkovic told Sportski Zurnal, a sports newspaper in Serbia. “The next examination will know whether this assessment stays or changes. During this period, he will not train with a racket but he will run other sessions, such as fitness and the like. Of course, there will be certain therapies. “The symptoms have calmed down, he was with a specialist at Toronto for additional tests. He also consulted our experts, of course, because we are great friends. “Now it’s important to rest with different types of procedures that can affect recovery. Surgery remains the last option.” If Djokovic does sit out the trip to New York, it will end his run of 51 consecutive appearances at grand slams and mean dropping further down the world rankings. He is currently placed fourth but is already due to slip to fifth when the http://www.officialcapitalsauthentic.co … kin_Jersey list updates on Monday. Murray’s Wimbledon hopes were also hampered by injury as he limped to a five-set defeat against the American Sam Querrey. The world No1, however, looks to be feeling more positive about his troublesome hip after posting an Instagram video on Monday of him hitting balls against a practice wall. “Which opponent has no weakness, never misses and has never lost? £the wall”, Murray wrote. The 30-year-old also posted a photo last week of himself and his physio Shane Annun during a rehab session at a swimming pool. Murray is due to play at the Canadian Open, which starts on 7 August, and then the Cincinnati Masters before the start of the US OpenBernard Tomic remains amazed that he has done so well at tennis given that he hadn’t “really tried” and says he was offered millions of dollars to play tennis for other countries. In a wide-ranging interview with the Seven’s Sunday Night program, the troubled star was unapologetic for the way he played tennis and lived his life. “There’s been big offers to play for different countries. Millions that ... people could only imagine,” said Tomic, who was born in Germany Shabazz Napier Authentic Jersey to a Croatian father and a Bosnian mother. 'You're an embarrassment': Australian tennis greats lay into Bernard Tomic Read more “And, you know, I never did that. I stayed loyal to Australia ... at the time I thought about it. The money was insane.” Tomic, who has slid down the rankings from a high of No 17 to No 69 after a year of lacklustre displays, came under fire most recently at Wimbledon where he lost a first round match in straight sets and admitted to putting in little effort. Afterwards he described himself as being bored on court and added that critics could only dream of what he had earned by the age of 24. “Throughout my career, I’ve given 100%,” he told the Seven Network. “I’ve given also 30%. But if you balance it out, I think all my career’s been around 50% and I haven’t really tried, and really achieved all this. So just amazing what I’ve done.” Tomic also felt he was “trapped” by the sport because he’d earned a good living from it. “It’s affected me a little bit mentally and emotionally,” he said. “So now it’s just about finding my balance and pushing on the next 10 years and being successful even more.” Tomic defended his father and sometime coach John, saying the worst he’d done http://www.officialblazershop.com/authe … ersey.html was throw balls at him. But there were no good words about former Davis Cup captain and two-time US Open winner Pat Rafter. “Pat’s said a lot of bad things about me, throughout my career, and, you know, he’s always perceived as this nice guy, and this image,” said Tomic. “People don’t know him in the back of closed doors. He’s not that much of a nice guy ... he likes to put on a show.” He conceded the Davis Cup side was better off without him – at least until he worked out what he really wanted

#75 01-08-2017 03:42:45

yehongkun362330
Membre

An investigation into the possibility that a match at Wimbledon was subject to match-fixing is not connected to any of the retirements that took place Amos Youth Jersey during the tournament. The London-based Tennis Integrity Unit announced on Wednesday that it is looking into alerts over unusual betting patterns involving one match at the French Open and three at Wimbledon, two of them in the qualifying tournament at Roehampton and one in the main draw at the All England Club. Wimbledon was marred by 10 early retirements in the men’s singles and two in the women’s, sparking debate about whether injured players were working the system by collecting their appearance fees before withdrawing with a physical ailment. However it is understood the alerts were not raised by any suspicions about those injuries, while no British players are thought to be under investigation. The TIU’s announcement should not be seen as proof that corruption took place in the two most recent grand slams, with the organisation confident the reported incidents are of low concern. While it will assess and review the evidence before ruling on further action, it pointed out that unusual betting patterns are not in themselves evidence of match-fixing and can be due to a number of other factors, such as incorrect odds-setting, well-informed betting, player fitness, fatigue and form, playing conditions and personal circumstances. It receives information about possible match-fixing from betting companies and regulators monitoring betting patterns during matches and is obliged to investigate whenever a red flag is raised. However, those alerts merely serve as indicators that something inappropriate might have happened, while corruption within the sport is usually discovered well below grand-slam level. For instance, earlier this http://www.officialauthenticsaintsstore … ersey.html month the TIU announced the provisional suspension of Isaac Frost, a 28-year-old Australian whose most recently held ranking was 1,498. The TIU said 40 of 53 alerts received were for matches played on the lower-level men’s ATP Challenger and ITF Futures circuits. Three were on the men’s ATP Tour, one on the women’s WTA Tour and five on the ITF women’s circuit. Where analysis of a match alert does suggest corrupt activity, the TIU’s next step is to conduct a full investigation. During the April-June period, 31,281 professional matches were played. The cumulative six-month match alert figure was 83, compared with 121 received for the same period in 2016So, on he soldiered, wounded in spirit and body, up against the greatest player of them all, who has so convincingly repaired his own briefly pained physique it is as if he is embarking on a second career. Advertisement While Cilic was back in harness and there seemed little chance of his emulating Herbert Roper Barrett, the only player, man or woman, to retire in a final here – in 1911 from fatigue – he plainly was a walking target. Federer was not in the mood for mercy, even though both Shawn Williams Womens Jersey players are friends. This was business. This was history. There would be no reprieve. Cilic held at the start of the third set but, like his palindromic surname, he did not know whether he was coming or going. Henri Cochet was the last player to come from two-sets down to win a Wimbledon final, against his French compatriot Jean Borotra 90 years ago. The old maestro did it three times in a row for that victory, a comeback hat-trick not matched again until Tommy Robredo did it at Roland Garros in 2013 – but did not go on to win the title. Even saving a break point to hold in the third game – staying ahead on the serving cycle – was greeted as a minor triumph for Cilic. Federer broke, inevitably, and it seemed unnecessary to give him new balls to serve out the match. He could have done it with an orange. The last http://www.nflbengalsofficialshop.com/N … ersey.html cutting wound was delayed, however, Federer squandering two match points before rifling down a second-serve ace, his eighth of the final

Pied de page des forums