Forum des BeeRiders

Vous n'êtes pas identifié.

#26 19-07-2017 09:00:00

yehongkun362330
Membre

Re: Adidas Yeezy-StockX: il mercato azionario delle cose

ans at Wimbledon love a bit of mixed doubles. It is the form of tennis the Keenan Allen Womens Jersey majority of them probably play the most and, as a result, the one they tend to identify with the most. Throw in the fact that a British champion is guaranteed this year and Sunday’s final is likely to be played in front of a packed crowd. The No1 seeds, Jamie Murray and Martina Hingis, take on the defending champions, Heather Watson and Henri Kontinen, the ideal scenario for home fans still getting over the disappointment of Andy Murray’s quarter-final exit and the valiant effort of Johanna Konta, beaten by Venus Williams in the semis. Who to cheer for might be the biggest dilemma, but they should be happy whoever comes out on top. It is the fifth time in six years that at least one Briton has been in one of the big five finals; the men’s and women’s singles, men and women’s doubles and mixed doubles. With Andy Murray winning the singles twice, in 2013 and 2016, Jonny Marray lifting the men’s doubles title in 2012 and Watson winning the mixed 12 months ago, this will be the fourth time in six years that a British player has won a Wimbledon title (Gordon Reid also won the inaugural wheelchair singles title last year). If mixed doubles is still very much the poor relation of the five events – the winners’ prize money has not risen in the past three years and at £100,000 per pair is only £10,000 more than it was in 2004 – it is incredibly popular here. It helps that Murray and Watson have been doing well but with a player such as Hingis adding a bit of sparkle and class, the standard has been incredibly high. Winning mixed doubles titles may not be a reliable indicator of the health of the sport in this country but seeing home players do well at Wimbledon certainly will not hurt. Sunday’s final, meanwhile, promises to be a classic. Murray and Hingis have not dropped a set en route, Jamie playing superbly and Hingis barely http://www.sandiegochargersauthorizedst … rsey-elite missing a ball, the scratch pairing immediately forming an understanding. It was Hingis who asked Murray to play, no doubt seeing a path to what would be a 23rd grand slam title, having missed out here last year when she and Leander Paes lost to Watson and Kontinen in the final. Murray, who won two slam titles in 2016 with Brazilian Bruno Soares, has barely played any mixed doubles since he won the title here with Jelena Jankovic of Serbia in 2007 but when the call from the Swiss came, he did not think twice. “I haven’t really played that much in the last couple of years but for me it was a great opportunity to play with Martina,” Murray said after they had reached the final. “She’s an amazing player and has shown that all this week. I’m really glad I decided to play. It is great to be in a grand slam final and I’m really looking forward to it. It’ll be a great occasion for us.” Martina http://www.minnesotavikingsauthorizedst … rsey-elite Hingis: ‘If I can help kids to play sport and learn, I will’ Read more Watson and Kontinen battled through a tough semi-final against No2 seeds Soares and Elena Vesnina of Russia to move within one win of a second straight title. Watson would be the first Briton to achieve that feat here since John Lloyd partnered Australia’s Wendy Turnbull to back-to-back mixed titles in the early 1980s. Watson is well known to British fans but it is Kontinen who has been the star of the show throughout their run. The runner-up to Grigor Dimitrov in the junior singles final here way back in 2008, Kontinen was prevented from making a real run at a singles career by knee trouble but their loss was doubles’ gain. After winning here last year with Watson, the Finn and Australia’s John Peers, the former partner of Jamie Murray, won the ATP World Tour Finals last November, picked up their first slam title together in Melbourne at the start of this year and Kontinen is the men’s doubles world No1. Murray is confident but taking nothing for granted. “It’s good news for us that there is another Murray in a final,” he said. “It is good to be back in Jarius Wright Womens Jersey the final. We played some amazing tennis. We are excited to be in the final. [But] we know both of them well, Henri hits the ball so hard so he is very difficult to play against and Heather is a really good doubles player. It is going to be a tough match but then it is going to be tough for them as well

#27 20-07-2017 02:39:40

yehongkun362330
Membre

Philip Hammond is a man more briefed against than briefing. When reports surface David Wright Youth Jersey of an obnoxious remark he’s made, they have to be situated in part of a wider Tory scheme to hunt down any remaining members with a grasp on reality, and destroy them. Yet whatever the motivation behind cabinet leaks that Hammond finds public sector workers “overpaid”, nobody who saw his performance on the BBC’s Andrew Marr Show will doubt that this is what he thinks. “When you take into account the very generous contributions that public sector employers have to pay in to their very generous pensions,” Hammond recounted, a look of fleeting perplexity on his face, as if wondering whether there were a glitch in his software, “it is a simple fact: relative to private sector workers, they are paid a 10% premium.” The chancellor might be a Brexit pragmatist (a Bragmatist?) but his sound economic sense only extends so far The chancellor might be a Brexit pragmatist (a Bragmatist?) but his sound economic sense only extends so far. He understands that maintaining links with our largest trading partner is preferable to suicide, and that’s good; but he doesn’t seem to have given any serious thought to what it’s like trying to live through seven years of “pay restraint”, what ramifications it might have for one’s ability to eat, pay rent and enjoy fripperies such as holidays, and raising children. It is a common myopia in the business class to see wages as a balancing mechanism in a closed system of numbers that must add up, and to give no thought to the lived experience of earning and spending them. To Hammond, the key point is that “public sector pay raced ahead of private sector pay after the 2008 crash”; the fact that there was immediate contraction in the private sector, while public sector workers enjoyed two more years of a Labour government before their adventures in austerity began, is an irrelevance in this analysis. Yet for anyone with any interest in the conditions of the hardworking family, that is the only relevant feature: nobody’s wages raced anywhere. Some people’s earnings stagnated sooner than other’s. Some had to give up their dreams of a solvent old age before others. The differential is a sideshow to a catastrophic reality: that typical real incomes, after housing costs, are lower today in low- to middle-income households than they were in 2003 . This shows up http://www.officialmetsproshop.com/Dwight_Gooden_Jersey everywhere: the sheer scale of poverty, from nurses having to use food banks to children coming back thinner after summer holidays without school lunches, is simply extraordinary. A politics that concerns itself not with that, but with the troubling thought that some people’s pensions aren’t yet quite bad enough to reflect our public straits, is perverted beyond recognitionWith a similar outlook on a different matter, the British Chambers of Commerce has called for a freeze in the national “living” wage. It was never a wage to live on anyway, but instead a piece of George Osborne newspeak, borrowing the language of anti-poverty ambition to describe the maintenance of the status quo. But it was still far too generous for the BCC, which warned that the planned increase, from £7.50 an hour to £8.75 by 2020, would prevent firms from growing and lead to job losses. Leaving the EU will be difficult enough, without “adding to the pain”. Again, the minimum wage is seen as a lever, to be pushed up and down, usually down, in response to economic conditions. Again, this rather kindergarten concept of the economic machine misses some human complexity. Is it just a wish to make the lowest paid bear the burden of Brexit’s impact on business? Is it plausible to think that people who are already using food banks could go another three years without a pay rise? What kind of life can you build on £7.50 an hour? These considerations are completely absent from that timeless business frame, “only we know how to do business, if you get in our way, we will go bust”; it was their answer in 1997 to the introduction Nelson Cruz Youth Jersey of the national minimum wage, and their answer a century before that to the end of child labour. Business always, somehow, manages to weather the shock when a bit of humanity is introduced to their inputs and outputs. It would make a better account of itself if it was prepared to consider, of its own accord, the lives of those whose wages it would so blithely freeze. Theresa May could still have a future – as a human sponge Andrew Rawnsley Andrew Rawnsley Read more This bald carelessness is made possible by the relentless insistence on distinctions between one low-paid worker and another. If one were to accept that it is the stagnation of wages across the board, coupled with rising rents, that creates hunger and destitution, one would have trouble defending it. Instead, every problem is the fault of a rogue element: an immigrant for working too hard for too little, a public sector worker for demanding too much, a benefits claimant for not working hard enough and breeding too fast. Or is that an immigrant as well? It is hard to keep up with who, according to Conservatives, is the latest schemer, the unpatriotic ligger, trying to bring down public finances with their endless grasping for the taxpayer’s hard-earned cash. Everyone must be set against one another, so that all demands are recast as antisocial rather than pro-social. Any natural solidarity or fellow feeling is dissolved in the acid of the Conservatives’ core proposition: if http://www.officialmarinershop.com/Nori … oki_Jersey you have too little, it’s because that other person is taking too much. Finally – and Hammond’s enemies must know it, from the glee with which they leaked it – this fanciful idea attached to the wrong target, and reality intervenes

#28 20-07-2017 03:10:04

yehongkun362330
Membre

of Alzheimer’s is that it acts by degrees, and can therefore bewilder family members as much as its victims. Those who first notice the onset of Alzheimer’s in a loved one tell of forgotten names and unsettling behaviour, of car keys found in the fridge and clothing in the kitchen cabinet, of aimless wanderings. Naturally, they want to understand the boundaries of normal ageing and whether these are being crossed. Often, the answer arrives when they’re greeted as complete strangers, when the patient’s mind becomes irrevocably unmoored from its past. The disease is terrifying for its insidiousness as well as its long-term manifestations. 广告 inRead invented by Teads Fear partly explains why Alzheimer’s has been ignored for so long. Yet it is Matt Holliday Authentic Jersey now the leading cause of death among the oldest people, and according to Professor Sir Michael Marmot, an expert in health inequalities, it could be an “important part” of the stagnation in increases in life expectancy since 2010 that he has identified. 1.2 million people in England and Wales will have dementia by 2040 – study Read more As a researcher, I have been struck by how many patients speak openly about their condition only after receiving a diagnosis. “I knew something wasn’t right. Sometimes I don’t know what day of the week it is or what I have to do,” one newly diagnosed patient told me. “I look in my calendar but then I think: why am I looking at this? My husband was the one who made me see a GP. I was too frightened. I thought I might have it but I didn’t want to hear it.” My grandfather suppressed his concerns and agreed to see a doctor only after being hassled by his five children. By that point he had forgotten where he lived and was mistaking his wife, Afsana, for his first wife, Parry. Raising the issue with him wasn’t easy; he’d insist his memory was fine, and then happily discuss the health concerns of others. When faced with the stark reality of dementia, patients can retreat into themselves – and some opt for silence. But another factor is undoubtedly at work. For most of history, Alzheimer’s was a deeply taboo subject; those who had it were mad or just foolish. Although we think of Alzheimer’s as a modern disease, early accounts of dementia were described by the Roman philosopher Cicero and the Greek physician Galen. And yet only in the past two decades have we begun to realise Alzheimer’s is an affliction no less urgent than http://www.officialcardinalsbaseball.co … ersey.html cancer or stroke. And if people with other diseases of old age deserve recognition and action, then so do people with Alzheimer’s. The crisis around the funding of social care, and the attention focused on this during the general election campaign, has only increased the sense of urgency. Where memory used to be viewed as a spectral, intangible quality, impossible to pin down, Alzheimer’s research now demonstrates the precise opposite – that memory is a material phenomenon, an exquisite product of healthy brain cells that appears to reside in a network of durable connections between those brain cells. To say that this needs protecting is an understatement. Memory forms an individual’s autobiography. It defines who we are. As the noted cognitive neuroscientist Michael Gazzaniga once said: “Everything in life is memory, save for the thin edge of the presentThis is why the more I consider the government’s approach to Alzheimer’s the more frustrated I become. Alzheimer’s costs the UK an estimated £26bn a year – the combination of spending on healthcare, social care and lost earnings and taxes from people who have taken up caring roles in place of paid employment. Advertisement This is more than cancer, heart disease and stroke combined. And yet, astonishingly, only a fraction of 1% of that amount is spent on research. A hallmark of the NHS constitution is to improve health and wellbeing. In his 1939 address as president of the American Psychiatric Association, Richard Hutchings warned: “Our institutions promise to become in time vast infirmaries with relatively small departments for younger patients with curable disorders.” Indeed, if things continue this way, epidemiologists estimate that the total number of Alzheimer’s cases will double every 20 years, making dementia http://www.panthersfootballprostore.com … -c-32.html the next global pandemic. In that event, the current 850,000 patients in the UK would represent no more than the tip of a vast, society-crippling iceberg. Increasing the overall health budget is an option. A smarter strategy would be to reassess how funding is allocated in the first place. Cancer now causes fewer deaths each year than Alzheimer’s, but receives on average 13 times more funding. Eliminating cancer is vital, but we shouldn’t pour all our efforts into one pandemic only to then be met by another. Given the advances made in understanding Alzheimer’s – the signs and symptoms, the causes and risk factors, the genetics and neurobiology – the number of therapies awaiting discovery is limitless. New Alzheimer's test can predict age when disease will appear Read more The task of developing such therapies lies with the pharmaceutical industry. The problem is that many in the industry feel uneasy: between 2000 and 2012, in more than 400 clinical trials, only one drug was approved (Namenda, a drug similar to the Aricept generation of drugs, and similarly insufficient). In total, Alzheimer’s drug candidates have racked up a lamentable 99.6% failure rate – even higher than cancer, at 81%. The recent failure of Eli Lilly’s solanezumab Devin Funchess Authentic Jersey and Merck & Co’s verubecestat hasn’t helped. But things are changing. We know now that a therapy must be given in the very early stages of the disease, before symptoms appear. And so Lilly, Merck and other companies are now testing drugs on patients in the newly defined “preclinica” phase of Alzheimer’s, with results expected by 2025. The role of academic researchers and patient advocates in all this is to keep championing the issue, to keep applying pressure as well as encouragement. The word “incurable” is often used to describe Alzheimer’s. I have never liked the term because it is freighted with hopelessness. And it is wrong. Alzheimer’s will yield to science and reason; it will one day be as treatable as diabetes and HIV. The choice in front of us is how many generations we are willing to lose before that day comes. The remarkable patients I met during my research, each teaching us something new and profound about the disease, deserve our action, not our sorrow. It is time to abolish their fear and silence. It’s time to foster a seriousness of purpose that defeats Alzheimer’s once and for all

#29 20-07-2017 03:49:37

yehongkun362330
Membre

Brexit secretary, David Davis, last week convened 33 UK business leaders to Dougie Hamilton Authentic Jersey Chevening: a place I know well, as it was the grace-and-favour house that my husband, Nick Clegg, used when he was deputy prime minister. The setting was particularly well chosen, as Chevening is, despite the hard work and dedication of the staff, an unusual combination of grandeur and dysfunctional nostalgia (I well remember the running battle to get the most elementary wifi service installed). Here, according to the Financial Times, British business leaders were asked to share the table with the Legatum Institute, a thinktank with unparalleled access to Davis and Theresa May and that seems to have been at the origin of some of the preposterous positions on Brexit taken by the government so far. Its inexplicable presence at that table was the clearest signal that the government has not changed its views on Brexit after the general election even one tiny little bit. David Davis leaves Brussels after less than an hour of Brexit talks Read more The institute has established a special commission on trade that consists of more than 20 people with different “trade” backgrounds. It is run by a British American director. The Legatum member who has just been nominated the UK’s new chief trade negotiation adviser is a New Zealander. The funding of the institute comes from a foundation that is part of a Dubai-based private investment group. So much for the UK “taking back control”. Unlike thinktanks like the Center for European Reform which knows more about the EU than the whole cabinet put together, the common characteristic of most of the Legatum trade commission seems to be not having worked at any time within the EU or even directly with it. I have negotiated myself for the EU on many occasions on trade, and I have seen how shocked negotiators from other countries become when they realise how difficult it is to negotiate with 27 countries – with their own institutions and legal system – at the same time. It is easy to see why this government would be mesmerised by Legatum. It is keen http://www.officialcalgaryflames.com/Ad … rts-Jersey on unilaterally removing tariffs and quotas on agriculture products (farmers, take note) in exchange for services agreements all over the world. The effect of this on food security and food prices was highlighted this week in a report published by the University of Sussex. Equally importantly it doesn’t take much to realise that we are going to need an agriculture market at least 50 times the size of the UK’s to secure like-for-like access in foreign markets for our much larger services sector. A thinktank that can’t even work out the respective sizes of our farming and services sectors is in dire need of a lot more “thinking”. The institute also seems to be behind Davis’s recurrent claim that the UK will have “frictionless” access to the single market even if it is not part of it – an embarrassing comment that brings despair to Europeans, as the single market is a system of rules based on trust and a single legal order, and therefore accessible only to those who are part Cody Eakin Authentic Jersey of it. When the EU negotiator Michel Barnier says that “some in Britain still do not understand”, he seems to be referring among others to how Davis still has not understood this. The main idea of the institute, though, seems to be the creation of a “prosperity zone” between the UK, Australia, New Zealand and Singapore, eventually extended to the US, Canada and Mexico, if the North American Free Trade Agreement renegotiations succeed. This is actually an old idea, originally floated by Mitt Romney in 2008. It obviously did not work then, and it will not work now. One does not need to have a Nobel Prize in trade economics to realise that, even with the US and Canada included (which is very unlikely indeed) this can hardly compensate for all the trade that the UK will lose by stepping out of the EU. Frictionless trade impossible if UK leaves EU single market, says Barnier Read more The best thing this government could do to appease the serious concerns of UK business leaders on Brexit is to rely on the business leaders themselves. This means no more toying with extravagant and ill-founded ideas. And it also means seeking an interim arrangement with the EU to continue benefiting from the single market and the customs union for as long as is needed until an alternative EU-UK deal is reached, as business leaders have proposed. This can be done by placing the UK into the European Economic Area on a temporary basis, and/or looking for an ad hoc arrangement extending the current status quo. Neither the extreme Brexiteers nor the extreme remainers like this option, but it is the only sensible thing to do right now. It allows http://www.officialdallasstars.com/Adid … urg-Jersey he UK government to win time. And time is what the government needs – to get the skills it misses, to draft proposals it has not even started to draft yet and to negotiate with the serenity that the high economic interests at stake deserve. An interim deal is the only way to deal with the ticking clock Michael Barnier hears because, as any trade negotiator knows, there is nothing worse than negotiating against time. Except for negotiating against time in pursuit of delusional and unrealistic ambitions

#30 20-07-2017 04:03:18

yehongkun362330
Membre

rises for recess tomorrow and the MPs will swap the daily commute to Westminster Jeremiah Attaochu Womens Jersey for breakfast in bed – whether to opt for soft or hard boiled eggs, their only pressing concern. They can stop worrying about leaky cabinet meetings and finally get round to fixing that leaky tap in their downstairs bathroom, or shoot straight off to their holiday pad in Tuscany. But this August, why not Airbnb their second home, pack their kids off to a Eurocamp (while they still can), and hop on a train to the Edinburgh festival fringe to put on a show? There’s a risk that a one-star review could crush their fragile confidence before all those autumn coups but a sellout run could boost their popularity and have the masses chanting their name at A Popular Music Festival?. Alex Salmond, after losing his seat in the last election, is leading the way, filling the gaping career void with a show in the Scottish capital. But what’s stopping serving MPs from doing the same during this pause in proceedings? After all, there’s no restriction on second, third or fourth jobs. And they can meet real members of the public in dingy bars and basements, and more importantly, get endless practice in dealing with hecklers in preparation for campaign season. Alex Salmond Facebook Twitter Pinterest Alex Salmond is putting on a show at Edinburgh. Photograph: Ken McKay/ITV/Rex/Shutterstock Would Theresa May have dared to use the “fields of wheat” punchline had she tested it out on a rowdy crowd above a pub beforehand? Would Gordon Brown have called Gillian Duffy a “bigot” if he was well-seasoned in handling unruly audience members? And would Jeremy Corbyn have needed to check his iPad on Women’s Hour had he mastered the art of line-learning http://www.sandiegochargersauthorizedst … rsey-elite through a street performance of King Lear? Lembit Opik, an ex-MP unafraid to show off his cheeky side, tried standup in 2010 but it’s not a path well trodden by the political classes. Strictly Come Dancing has had its fair share of flamboyant politicians showcasing their extra-curricular talents; maybe this year Edinburgh is the place for them to shine. Being grilled on Question Time by an angry public sector worker about pay caps should prepare you nicely for the stage and an audience in the single figures (if you’re lucky). MPs will also feel right at home canvassing support for a show with PR paraphernalia brandishing their own face, as is customary for marketing at the fringe. They’ll have a wealth of photoshoot material left over from the election ready to hand out for their press release. Where better to exploit the cult of personality and propaganda than a festival where the streets are paved with posters and beer-sodden flyers clog the gutters? If you’re an MP seriously considering this proposal, there are some pitfalls of which you will need to be aware to avoid damaging your honourable reputation. In particular, you will need to be careful about which shows you endorse as a punter during your down time. Being papped in http://www.minnesotavikingsauthorizedst … rsey-elite the back row of a late-night burlesque performance with scantily clad dancers could end up as front-page news in your constituency’s local paper. And however you justify it to your party, employing your nephew to operate the lighting for your show will be seen as nepotism in the workplace. Advertisement Most crucially, you’ll need to survive on a tight budget to get through the month and as a public servant, will have tricky questions to answer if you’ve tried to claim a deep fried Mars bar or a bottle of Glenfiddich on expenses. But please be reassured, the excessive drinking culture of the fringe is not too dissimilar from parliament – another place of employment adorned with onsite bars. If, like us, you are struggling to fund your Edinburgh experience, you could always consider getting a part-time job, perhaps flyering for a student physical theatre production, doing hair and makeup for another MP’s show – or editing a London newspaper. This will give you extra credibility when debating the issues surrounding zero-hours contracts and people who need multiple jobs to scrape by. While we’re on the subject of jobs, if there’s any MPs out there who have been inspired by this, and are on the lookout for someone to help write their show, we are available for hire. Whether you want a complete Harrison Smith Womens Jersey ghostwritten script, need to knock your half-written draft into strong and stable shape or just some help to make it appeal to The Many Not The Few, then we’re your women

#31 20-07-2017 04:38:33

yehongkun362330
Membre

One definition of an ideologue is a person who responds to the collision of opinion with reality by insisting that reality must yield. There are times when stubbornness is admirable, when formidable obstacles must be overcome by transcendent principle. Without that idea, Mahatma Gandhi would have bowed to British colonial rule. Rosa Parks would have surrendered her seat to a white passenger on an Alabama bus. But in those cases, systemic prejudice ruled out negotiated compromise. Brexit is not such a case, and David Davis is no Rosa Parks. The Brexit secretary is certainly stubborn when it comes to belief in his own abilities. He is also on a collision course with a wall of reality in Brussels. It is a stark fact that Britain’s prosperity and security depend on his technique for navigating that obstacle. Early signs are not encouraging. It would be silly to extrapolate too much from the photograph, published on Tuesday, depicting Davis empty handed at a table opposite Michel Scooter Gennett Authentic Jersey Barnier, his European commission counterpart, who is holding a heap of notes. Officials say the snap was taken before UK team members had unpacked their own stack of documents. But, as is often the case with such episodes, the awkward optics reinforced a valid caricature: Davis as an amateur trying his (and his country’s) luck against professionals. It did not help that Davis was on his way back to Westminster within an hour of the picture being taken. The defence was that underlings remained and got down to business. But it is another stark fact of Brexit dynamics that Barnier’s staff are drilled in EU process and law. They are playing at home. Team Davis has hardly laced its boots. Whitehall is unable to plan for the government’s desired outcome because no one knows what it is. The UK is also unpractised in negotiating in Brussels as an external party because we have, until now, been an integral component of this thing called Europe. British “position papers” on technical aspects of the negotiation (how to trade in nuclear material when article 50 requires exit from Euratom, for example) make painful reading for anyone seeking reassurance that Davis’s department is match fit. They are vague summaries of problems without solutions, as if the authors are only now beginning to grasp the challenges, through the act of writing them down for the first time. British officials could not build a workable Brexit model before article 50 was triggered because the prime minister would not divulge her preference. She then squandered weeks on an election campaign that turned ambiguity into paralysis. Day two of Brexit talks – and the UK looks as underprepared as ever Jennifer Rankin in Brussels Read more Anyone imagining that a strategic intelligence lurked behind the scenes should http://www.authenticmilwaukeebrewers.co … haw-Jersey ponder Davis’s assertion last July that the UK could expect to conclude trade deals with the US, India, China and Japan among other countries, starting in September 2016. “Within two years, before the negotiation with the EU is likely to be complete ... we can negotiate a free trade area massively larger than the EU,” he said. Where are those deals? As long as the UK is part of the single market and the customs union – which it will be until at least March 2019 – there can be no external trade pacts. Thereafter, an optimistic expectation for the duration for such complex talks is five years. Put politely, Davis was talking out of his article 50 ignorance. That might be cited as evidence to support the charge levelled this week by Dominic Cummings, former head of Vote Leave, that Davis is “thick as mince, lazy as a toad and vain as Narcissus”. Yet the jibe, typically unkind, was also unfair on two points. Davis is neither stupid nor idle. Arrogance alone could not have raised him from a penurious childhood to the top of government. He is energetic and cunning. But his skills are suited to a peculiarly British mode of advancement: the celebration of swagger and bluff over due diligence. Davis has benefited from Westminster’s generosity to men who gamble and busk their way through scrapes born of their own ill preparation – overgrown schoolboys who shirk their homework, then talk their way out of detention. It is a trait Davis shares with Boris Johnson, one of his rivals in a succession Adidas Reto Berra Womens Jersey battle, should Theresa May be deposed. Both have a reputation in government for ignoring their briefing notes. Viewed from Brussels, where there is a higher premium on command of boring detail, it is depressing to see the question of Britain’s European future yet again subsumed into a parochial Tory pissing contest. It is irritating too to Brexit realists in the cabinet, one of whom has urged May to slap down the testosterone-fuelled “donkeys” in government. Davis’s allies say completion of Brexit is his only goal, after which he intends to retire. That denial does not rule out finishing the job from No 10, should a vacancy arise. Supporters also say Davis is also pragmatist – unlike the wilder ideologues, who prefer a frenzied bolt out of the EU exit to a staged departure. Davis has yielded to some realities. His early bravado has been tempered by recognition that aspects of the job “make the Nasa moonshot look simple”. He accepts the need for an “implementation phase” to Brexit. He knows that some payment will be made to settle the UK’s EU budget obligations. He has forged an alliance with Philip Hammond, the cabinet’s leading advocate of the view that drastic rupture from the single market would be ruinous. But awareness of potential calamity is not proof of a strategy to avoid it. Assurances of Davis’s sober intent cannot expunge his record of maverick gestures. The Apollo 11 mission is a better metaphor than the Brexit secretary realised. It took the best part of a decade to plan. It cost billions. It was delivered by forensic expertise, not cocksure improvisation. Besides, getting to the moon was only half of the job: Nasa would not have initiated the countdown without a plan to get everyone back to http://www.officialcalgaryflames.com/Ad … rts-Jersey Earth unharmed. Yet Davis is at the controls, already firing us out of Europe’s orbit on an undefined trajectory, with a shaky grasp of the laws of political gravity

#32 20-07-2017 09:17:45

yehongkun362330
Membre

leftwinger, I was thrilled to discover this morning that people are very angry about income inequality. Even the normally right-leaning Daily Mail and Sun have published stories – whipping up outrage about an elite class earning more than five times the average UK salary of £27,600. The focus is on workers at the BBC, which has published a report today on some of its employees’ salaries, but presumably the main points can be generalised: it’s simply not fair that a small minority of people earn so much more than the rest of us. Arguments about preventing talent being poached by competitors don’t cut it. Nobody is worth these sorts of amounts. There should be less of a gap between the highest and lowest earners within an organisation – and between the rich and poor more generally. BBC accused of discrimination as salaries reveal gender pay gap - as it happened Follow the reaction to the publication of the salaries of the BBC’s highest earners Read more Or perhaps I’ve misunderstood. Both the Sun and the Daily Mail, you see, have some extremely highly paid employees themselves. Both Rupert Murdoch and chief executive Robert Thompson receive several million each year from News Corp, and Daily Mail editor Paul Dacre took home £1.5m in 2016. Though full data isn’t available, it’s estimated that top-paid columnists at those papers are paid salaries roughly in line with those of high-earning BBC talent. In media, as in most all other industries, gross income inequality is the norm. There’s one reason the BBC is receiving all of this attention: it’s part of the public sector. This means the government has the power to dictate what information is made public. Forcing the BBC to reveal the names of employees earning over £150,000 has been justified on the grounds it makes the broadcaster “more open and transparent about its operations while making sure the public broadcaster continues to thrive in the future”. In the context of sustained attacks on the public sector by the Conservative government, though, it’s hard not to feel a little cynical. With the public sector pay cap eroding the real incomes of prison officers, paramedics and nurses by more than £3,000 annually – forcing some to borrow money and use food banks just to survive – it perhaps helps to identify an alternative scapegoat. Highly paid TV stars who have spoken out about the consequences of government policy – such as Gary Lineker, who is earning up to £1.8m from the BBC, the report says – will no doubt be dismissed as hypocrites. The truth is we absolutely should be angry about the gross economic inequality in our country. Basic moral reasoning tells us it’s perverse that billionaire investors buy up homes and leave them empty, while other people sleep in the streets. That the wealth of the 1% continues to accumulate, while minimum wage employees work gruelling hours on insecure contracts and still struggle to make rent. That the UK’s per capita GDP is among the highest in the world, but children are going to school hungry and with holes in their shoes. Taking a broader view, the salaries of TV stars like Graham Norton and Fiona Bruce should really be the least of our worries. The world’s eight richest men own as much wealth as half the world’s population. In the UK, billionaires buy up media outlets and donate to political parties (most commonly, the Conservatives) in an attempt to influence our democracyonald Trump is one of the least popular politicians in the history of the United States. Yet, Trump is still more popular than Hillary Clinton. Let that sink in. According to the latest Bloomberg National Poll, Trump has a net favorability Morten Andersen Authentic Jersey of 41% whereas Clinton has a net favorability of 39%. If Democrats are to escape the political wilderness, they will have to leave Clinton and her brand of politics in the woodsNow, there is no doubt that Clinton has suffered sexist double standards just as Barack Obama encountered racist double standards. Trump labeled her “Crooked Hillary” and his supporters rallied around the chant “Lock her up”. Rich in hypocrisy, Trump has continued to attack Clinton for her emails even though his son has proven to have done much worse. Nevertheless, it would be wrong to pin all of Clinton’s unpopularity on sexism and the conspiracies of the extreme right. The Bloomberg poll demonstrates that more than one-fifth of Clinton supporters say they now have an unfavorable view of her. Based on follow-up interviews with poll participants, many Clinton voters expressed that their negative feelings were not simply due to her losing but were about the Democratic party’s positioning for the futureEven though Clinton has blamed everyone but herself, it is clear that her campaign’s failure to galvanize voter turnout was one of the biggest reasons why Trump won. Her checkered record on progressive policies, bland centrist message and the Democrats’ presumption that Trump’s nomination sealed their victory probably did not help. Advertisement Clinton has largely kept a low profile since the election, occasionally sending Twitter barbs in Trump’s direction. The best case scenario for Democrats is for Clinton – and her family – to stay away. The wise thing for the party to do is to abandon the failed “Third Way” centrist politics that she and her husband have come to exemplify. Even so, the http://www.officialauthenticsaintsstore … ersey.html Democratic establishment appears to not be learning any lessons. Kamala Harris, the first-term California senator rumored to be a frontrunner for the Democratic presidential nomination in 2020, recently mingled with top Clinton donors and supporters in the Hamptons. Apparently tying rising talent to the infrastructure of a politician less popular than Trump is the game plan for moving forward. Playing mostly defense against Trump and talking a lot about Russia, the Democratic establishment has struggled to develop an alternative message that Americans find attractive. According to a recent ABC News/Washington Post poll, only 37% of the country believes Democrats “stand for something”. Even the new sticker options for the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee are depressingly shallow. Some of the slogans read: “Make Congress Blue Again” and “I Mean, Have You Seen The Other Guys?” Although the establishment comes across as unimaginative and clueless, it is not as if Democrats lack other options. Bernie Sanders has become and remains the most popular politician in the whole country. His bold and progressive populist campaign may have lost out to Clinton in the primaries, but it may reflect a more viable blueprint for the future. The question is whether Clinton loyalists will put aside their purity politics and be pragmatic enough to change the http://www.authentichurricanestore.com/ … c-440.html direction of the party. Play VideoPlay Current Time 0:00 / Duration Time 1:29 Loaded: 0% Progress: 0% FullscreenMute Facebook Twitter Pinterest Bernie Sanders applauds Corbyn: ‘I don’t think he needs my advice’ Looking across the pond, Jeremy Corbyn’s Labour Party provides another example to learn from. Dismissed by Blairite centrists in his own party, Corbyn not only over-performed in the general election, he rewrote British politics. As Matthew Yglesias argued in Vox, Corbyn’s electoral map looks a lot like Clinton’s; not only did he inspire young voters in a similar way to how Sanders did here, Corbyn ran on a bold policy agenda. In an age in which voters are characterized as irrational creatures who don’t vote because of policy, YouGov found that the top reason supporters backed Labour was because of the party’s social democratic manifesto. Democrats have become a tale of two wings. If the Clintonite establishment wing comes across as hopelessly uninspiring, the Berniecrat progressive wing has appeared energetic and full of ideas. Consider the #PeoplesPlatform sponsored this week by Sanders’ Our Revolution alongside other organizations, such as Democratic Socialists of America, Women’s March and Fight for 15. This platform – which Americans can sign a petition for – urges Democrats in Congress to support bills, such as Medicare for All, Free College Tuition, Voting Rights and Criminal Justice and Immigrant Rights. Certainly, Democrats might not win all of these progressive measures in Congress. But fighting for these measures would not only shift the political terrain, it would attract Americans desperately looking for a positive alternative to the Republicans. Clinton did not provide a true alternative to the status quo. Democrats should look elsewhere for a blueprint forward and leave her politics far behind. Remaining attached to her would be political madness. The majority of Americans know it

#33 24-07-2017 02:48:43

yehongkun362330
Membre

Spieth said so many nice things about Austin Connelly this weekend that it was easy to believe the 20?year?old Canadian could mount a respectable chase on the final afternoon of the 146th Open at Royal Birkdale. He almost did, in a rollercoaster round of highs and lows. There will be plenty of the same, and better, to come. Anger, desire, energy: Jordan Spieth finally silences the devil on his shoulder Read more A skinny, self-possessed kid born in Texas of an American mother and Canadian Amos Youth Jersey father, Connelly will leave the Merseyside coast with fond memories of his first appearance in a major, as well as a few lessons about the cruelty of the game. He handles himself like a seasoned pro in front of the microphone, neither overawed by his circumstances nor indifferent to them. When he eagled the 422-yard par?four 2nd on Saturday, he said he was determined to ignore the cheers of the gallery and he set a steely gaze on the horizon to complete the round in 66, to go with 67 on day one and 72 on the Friday, when the rain and wind struck the tournament like a torpedo. That sort of attitude so closely mirrors the single-mindedness of Spieth it can be no coincidence that they share a swing coach in the Texas-based Australian, Cameron McCormick. On Sunday four key mistakes on the front nine and a double bogey on one of the toughest holes on the course – the 499-yard par-four 13th – plus another bogey near the end put a hole in Connelly’s closing score but he also found enough touch to earn four birdies and post a 73 for a 278 total and a share of 14th place. While he struggled to match his friend’s mastery of the course on a day not as benign as Saturday but friendlier than the first two rounds, Connelly showed there is plenty of fight in him. Other prodigies flickered briefly here and there but he shone brightest. And there was a contrast of muscle and style alongside his partner for the run home, Brooks Koepka, who goes to the tee like a heavyweight boxer entering the ring. Flyweight Connelly pecked away while Koepka swung hard, closing with a 71 to finish four under overall. The inbuilt schadenfreude in golf is most starkly evident on the final afternoon, especially so when the leader starts 11 under par and owns a putter with its own radar. But Connelly harboured no such dark thoughts about the overnight leader they all hoped would fall in a heap. Perhaps it was because Spieth said this about him: “I’ve played quite a bit of http://www.officialcapitalsauthentic.co … nen_Jersey golf with him. He’s been working with Cameron for a long time, just like myself. He’s got a great head. He’s got a killer instinct. He’s a guy that’s not afraid of the moment, as you can tell. And it will only be a matter of time before he breaks through.” Connelly, who plays on the European Tour, does not have Spieth’s swing, of course, and he has to operate with firepower some way short of the American’s but he knows how to use his irons and putter. On Sunday he hit half the greens in regulation and took 28 putts. Hanging out with Spieth has its obvious upside. Rory McIlroy hopes his fortunes have turned as Europeans rally at Open Read more Connelly started on six under, five shots behind Spieth, slipped off the leader board before he turned for home and briefly clambered back on to it with birdies at 11 and 12, before a double bogey dragged him to one under with six to play and the wind kicking up to around 20mph. He hit back immediately with a third birdie, at the 200-yard par-three 14th. The 15th fell to him, as well. Was this about to be something remarkable? Elsewhere Spieth had descended into a 17-minute drama of his own creation on the 13th, going out beyond the broadcaster’s trucks, agonising over his response in drawn-out discussions with the rules adjudicator, taking a penalty drop from an unplayable lie, hitting a brilliant recovery and somehow escaping with a bogey. What http://www.officialblazershop.com/authe … ersey.html happened thereafter hit the realms of the unbelievable. Advertisement By comparison Connelly’s finish was routine. He was back on the leaderboard, tied for 10th at five under, with three holes to work with. He parred the 16th. Could he make another dent on the 17th, where eagles and birdies have flown all week? No. He bogeyed again while Koepka grabbed a third birdie. A par at the end was a relief. Nevertheless Connelly can reflect on the best summer of his young career. He qualified for the Open with a 15-foot putt on the first extra hole to grab the third and final place in the 36-hole qualifying tournament at the Royal Cinque Ports course in Kent last month and he made the most of his opportunities here. Although he has been invited to the Canadian Open next week, he wants to secure his European Tour card, revealing: “I really, really believe that I’ll come away a stronger player after spending a few years on the European Tour. I’m very content with being out there right now.” As Paul McGinley observed: “He’s got to be very proud of himself this week. He’s challenged and done well at the biggest tournament in the world.” To finish Allen Crabbe Authentic Jersey only 10 shots behind one of the finest winners the Open has had in many years, four clear of the Masters champion, Sergio García, and six ahead of the world No1, Dustin Johnson, was some achievement

#34 24-07-2017 03:35:41

yehongkun362330
Membre

If weight of national expectation and volume of media hype counted for anything, Romain Bardet would have dislodged Chris Froome here and won the Tour de France. Instead he finished exhausted, close behind the stage winner, Warren Barguil, after pushing himself rather than Froome to the limit and snatching a second place which is provisional before the time trial on Saturday. Froome Nathan Gerbe Womens Jersey is now within an ace of winning a fourth Tour de France. As Bardet attempted to find breath to explain how hard he had tried and what it promised for the future, Froome mounted the finish podium perched on the Col d’Izoard – a panorama of Alpine peaks all around in the crystal clear air – with the look of a man who knew the worst was behind him. Annemiek van Vleuten wins La Course stage one with Lizzie Deignan second Read more The stage to Marseille on Friday is far from flat but not threatening, given that the wind is not expected to be strong. As for Saturday’s time trial, on paper Froome is stronger at the discipline than either Bardet, who has to close a 23sec gap, or Rigoberto Urán, who is now 29sec behind. The big threat to the race leader’s fourth Tour is a puncture or a crash on Saturday. Behind Urán in third the gaps stretch away as the initial verdict of Wednesday’s stage over the Galibier was largely repeated. Simon Yates hung on to seventh and the white jersey but Fabio Aru’s challenge for the podium came to an end; the Italian slipped to fifth at 1min 55sec and even fourth place looks beyond him. Mikel Landa was disconcertingly if impassively strong, and he may well move from fourth overall on to the podium on Saturday. The 2,360m-high Izoard, wrote the Tour organiser Jacques Goddet, is a “terrible challenge which establishes the margin between the difficult and the terrifying”. The challenge for Bardet’s AG2R team was to set a pace that would eliminate Froome’s team-mates, which would at least put their leader in a position to see what the race leader had in him. Froome has certainly not been terrifying in this Tour – there have been none of the extreme accelerations on mountain tops seen in other years – but he has been a difficult nut to crack, apart from his costly 200m at Peyragudes. Advertisement AG2R began making the pace on the Col de Vars, 50km out, and by the time http://www.officialauthenticsaintsstore … ersey.html they were worn out 40km later the group around Froome and Bardet was reduced to about 15. However, once again, Landa was where he needed to be, and the Basque rider drifted off the front of the Froome and Bardet group shortly after Barguil had sprung away in search of points to seal his victory in the King of the Mountains contest. Sky’s plan was partly to put Urán and Bardet under pressure but also for Froome to join Landa. However, when the yellow jersey made his move – immediately after Bardet had put in an attack at three kilometres to go – he was marked by Urán and the Frenchman as he tackled the brief downhill through the Casse Déserte, past the plaques to Fausto Coppi and Louison Bobet. “I wanted to move before that descent, I don’t know if that was the right time,” Froome said. “If Rigoberto had not reacted as fast as he did, I might have got away with it.” Bardet tried again inside the final kilometre and persisted to the line with the time bonuses in his mind, just holding off Froome to take a four-second time bonus and finish two seconds ahead of Urán. However, in terms of the bigger picture and his hopes for overall victory, it was too little, too late. Bardet has proved a mild anticlimax – far from a disappointment – but Barguil has finally come into his own in the past 10 days. A fellow member of the new French generation, Barguil should now join his fellow Bretons Bernard Hinault and Louison Bobet as a winner of the polka http://www.nflbengalsofficialshop.com/N … ersey.html dot jersey. He has sealed that position with possibly the two most prestigious mountain stage wins of the race, victory here coming after the Bastille Day triumph in Foix. When he sprang out of Froome and Bardet’s little group, the last remnants of a classic mountain escape were still between him and the stage win. The breakaways had numbered 54, a third of the field, including most of the UAE and Direct Energie teams – Thomas Voeckler’s presence was inevitable. They gained eight minutes at one stage, and UAE’s Colombian Darwin Atapuma was hanging on to a 1min 15sec lead at five kilometres to go. The Tour is the most Darwinian of sports events, however, and the race’s law of natural selection was as implacable as usual. Atapuma was mopped up with one kilometre remaining, surviving to take second and the most aggressive rider prize. In the bad old Armstrong era when the French were often the whipping boys of the Tour, the red race number awarded to the combatif du jour was one of the few consolation prizes available to the home riders. Thanks to Bardet and Barguil, and the others who have contributed to a French Julius Nattinen Authentic Jersey tally of five stage wins, those days are a mere memory, even if, as Bardet will probably have to accept, the overall title remains as elusive as ever

#35 24-07-2017 04:06:03

yehongkun362330
Membre

Lizzie Deignan will start Saturday’s second stage of La Course by Le Tour de France with a chance of victory after finishing second to Annemiek van Vleuten at the Mike Gartner Womens Jersey summit finish on the Col d’Izoard. However, given the time-trial format of the stage in Marseille she may struggle to close her 43sec deficit on the Dutch rider. Having won the Dutch national time-trial championship in 2015 and this year taken a time-trial stage in the Giro Rosa, Van Vleuten has a stronger time-trial pedigree than Deignan, who does not profess to any particular liking for the discipline, and over the 22km in Marseille she may find 43sec is enough, with the third rider Elisa Longo Borghini set to start 1min 29sec back. How it feels to tackle the Tour de France's 'final battle' – the Col d'Izoard Read more The format is unique, with the leading women from the Col d’Izoard starting according to their time deficits in what amounts to a handicap event. It meant Van Vleuten, like the other riders, wanted to get as much time in hand as possible. “I wasn’t sure what margin I would need for the pursuit on Saturday, so I thought I had better attack early,” she said. “I was suffering from the altitude, so I wanted to test my legs.” Van Vleuten had not considered herself a specialist climber before the Olympic Games in Rio but – like Deignan – the training she had put in to improve at the discipline last year has had a long-term effect. In Rio, she suffered a sickening crash when in a winning position, which left her with heavy concussion and three broken bones in her lower back but she recovered quickly. Deignan spent the bulk of the ascent of the col at the front of the peloton setting a pace sufficient to whittle it down to about 30 riders by the time the serious climbing started at Arvieux, 10km from the top. The Yorkshirewoman had been set the task of reducing the group’s numbers on behalf of her Boels–Dolmans team-mate Megan Guarnier but not far after the village, it became clear the American was struggling. The British national champion then changed tack, waiting to see if any other riders were interested in setting the pace. She returned to the front when it became clear the majority were willing to wait. Deignan continued to maintain a steady rhythm until almost five kilometres to go, when Van Vleuten made her first move, attacking strongly from http://www.officialcapitalsauthentic.co … rom_Jersey behind. Advertisement That split the group, with Kasia Niewiadoma, the Ovo Women’s Tour winner, among those unable to hang on. Deignan responded strongly, together with Shara Gillow of the FDJ team, and Wiggle-High5’s Borghini. A second attack from Van Vleuten was a classic move, coming shortly after the initial acceleration to soften up the opposition, and this time Deignan had no response. It set up a classic pursuit match between two riders with contrasting styles: Deignan the all-rounder reliant on maintaining a steady cadence versus Van Vleuten, the punchier specialist climber, who had been viewed by Deignan as the biggest threat on last year’s ascent-packed Olympic road race course. Deignan first disposed of Gillow but was unable to make up the 150m gap Van Vleuten had opened. She closed briefly as the road levelled just before the massive rock pinnacles of the Casse Déserte but the final kilometre at 10% gradient favoured Van Vleuten, who said she had never climbed an ascent of this size on French roads beforeSuch are the fears around big tobacco’s aggressive use of trade and investment rules that the US-negotiated Trans-Pacific Partnership trade deal featured a carve-out excluding big tobacco from investment protections – an explicit admission of the problem. But this does not go far enough. The important thing to realise is that the problem goes beyond big tobacco. Big oil, big pharma and big mining follow the same playbook, launching investment arbitration cases to defend their business models from governments that would regulate to Brandon Roy Womens Jersey protect public health, the local environment or the climate. Guardian Morning Briefing - sign up and start the day one step ahead Read more Rather than target individual companies or sectors, we must push our governments to reform trade and investment rules that grant such extraordinary powers to corporations. That means removing special investor rights and investment courts from trade agreements. It means removing limits on the freedom of governments to protect public health, labour and human rights and the environment. Of course, this is easier said than done. Robert Lighthizer, US trade representative, served as deputy in a Reagan administration that pressured countries to open their tobacco markets to US exporters in the 1980s. Vice-President Mike Pence’s record includes opposing smoking regulation, taking huge campaign donations from big tobacco, and denying the causal link between smoking and lung cancer. The EU commission, meanwhile, has been criticized for its meetings with big tobacco while it was negotiating EU-US trade talks. The good news is that from Brazil to India to Ecuador, countries are stepping away from outdated trade and investment rules. In the UK, the Labour party manifesto opposes parallel courts for multinationals and proposes to review the UK’s investment treaties. But until we scrap the powers that we grant big tobacco and others to frustrate and http://www.officialblazershop.com/authe … ersey.html bypass our laws, efforts around the world to protect public health will continue to go up in smoke

#36 24-07-2017 04:43:49

yehongkun362330
Membre

the favourite year of your life? I imagine the answer comes quicker for athletes than for us mere mortals. Steffi Graf may well say 1988, the year she pulled off her Golden Slam; Dennis Taylor would surely pick 1985; Andrew Brian Poole Womens Jersey Flintoff would have to go for 2005; and Kelly Holmes would choose 2004. If you asked Irish cyclist Stephen Roche, surely he would say 1987. Roche changed my perception of the sport of cycling in 1987. When I was growing up in the 1980s, cycling mainly conjured up images of Kevin Keegan on Superstars. The nearest exposure I had to serious cycling was when I spent an interminable amount of time trying to win the Milk Race on my Spectrum 48K. Then along came Roche. He turned me from a cycling ignoramus to a Tour de France obsessive in the space of just 25 days. I became a regular in front of our portable TV at 6.30pm every night to catch the half-hour highlights on Channel Four – there was no wall-to-wall live coverage back in 1987. Such was my newfound love of cycling, and Roche in particular, that while on holiday in Malta, my family would often wonder why I spent so much time in front of the TV in the hotel bar. I was obviously checking Roche’s progress in the Tour, trying to catch a glimpse of the all-important leaderboard. What other reason could there have been? My relationship with the sport has never really been the same since. I keep an eye out for news of the Tour and watch some highlights but that holiday romance has been impossible to recreate in subsequent years. First time, first love, oh what feeling is thisBefore the Tour de France, there was the small matter of the Giro d’Italia. In winning the 2,433-mile event, Roche became the first winner of the Giro from outside of mainland Europe, but that wasn’t the only way he bucked the trend. During the stage from Lido di Jesolo to Sappada, Roche blatantly ignored orders from his team and broke away early, wrestling the pink jersey from defending champion Roberto Visentini. It was a decisive and divisive moment. From this point on, Roche was a marked man as far as his Italian team-mates were concerned. Although, with the support of Eddy Schepers, his domestique, and Robert Millar and Phil Anderson, Roche was able to survive the pivotal Marmolada climb – a day known as the Marmolada Massacre. A few days later Visentini fell and retired from the race, helping Roche to maintain his lead. When he claimed his second individual stage win on the 22nd and final leg of the tour, Roche won the Giro, beating Millar by 3m 40s and becoming the first native English speaker to win Italy’s national tour. Next stop Berlin, for the start of the Tour de France. Although Roche http://www.footballpanthershop.com/Char … rsey_Cheap finished third in the four-mile prologue, just seven seconds behind winner Jelle Nijdam, he did not sound particularly optimistic about repeating his Giro triumph: “I’m still shattered. I can’t be too confident about this Tour.” Hardly the words of someone heavily tipped to win a very open Tour: five-time winner Bernard Hinault had retired; Laurent Fignon, who had been champion in 1983 and 1984, was recovering from a couple of injury-hit years; and Greg LeMond, the reigning champion, was out injured due to a freak turkey-hunting accident involving a shotgun and his brother-in-law. The Recap: sign up for the best of the Guardian's sport coverage Read more After the 13th stage, Roche trailed Frenchman Charly Mottet by 3m 23s, but he was beginning to sound confident that he could reel in the leaders in the second half of the race: “I am saving something for when it really matters.” As the race made its way across the south of France, Roche made his way through the field. By the end of stage 18, he had reduced the deficit to 2m 34s. Jean-Fran?ois Bernard had the yellow jersey but, with seven stages and just over 750m left to cover, Roche was well placed. He took possession of le maillot jaune for the first time after stage 19, the mountainous route from Valréas to Villard-de-Lans, in which he finished second and Bernard suffered a puncture. Roche’s lead over Mottet was 41s but Pedro Delgado, who had won the stage, was also looming large. Indeed, Delgado gained 1m 44s the very next day and took the yellow jersey from Roche; no sooner had Roche earned the jersey then he had to give it away. “It’s now a three-horse race between me, Pedro Delgado and Jean-Francois Bernard,” said RocheWednesday July 22 was the day that would define Roche at the 1987 Tour: the moment when the Giro winner raised his cycling to a new level and proved he was a cut above the rest. Things were not going Roche’s way during the 115-mile stage through the Alps from Le Bourg-d’Oisans to La Plagne. He gambled on attacking Delgado early, which looked like a wise move, but Delgado steadily reeled him in and gradually built up a stage lead of 1m 25s. Roche’s plans seemed to be in tatters but then his infamous chase began. Advertisement As Roche pounded along, Delgado maintained his steady pace. When the Spaniard crossed the line, the crowd were astonished to see the sight of Roche Chris Harris Jr Authentic Jersey just four seconds behind. The footage remains as dramatic as ever and Phil Liggett’s commentary is simply legendary: “Just who is that rider coming up behind – because that looks like Roche! That looks like Stephen Roche. It’s Stephen Roche, has come over the line! He almost caught Pedro Delgado, I don’t believe it!” The Olympic motto, “Faster, higher, stronger,” sums up what it means to be the best, but what comes afterwards – exhaustion, collapse and oxygen mask – is not so glamorous. When asked whether he was OK after his furious comeback, thankfully Roche had recovered enough to deliver his famous reply: “Oui, mais pas de femme toute de suite” (“Yes, but I am not ready for a woman straight away”). “That was essentially the day Delgado lost the Tour,” reflected Roche in later years. Delgado still led by 21s after stage 22 out of 25, but Roche was understandably confident, saying: “I’m in a great position with the Dijon time-trial to come.” His plan was working out perfectly and, after Roche and Delgado recorded the same time between Saint-Julien-en-Genevois and Dijon in stage 23, it was Roche’s time to deliver. The 24-mile time-trial in Dijon was, in Roche’s words, a chance to gain at least a minute on Delgado. He took his opportunity, finishing in second place and 61 seconds in front of his rival. Roche had secured a 40-second lead before the final stage. Barring a major accident on the road from the Parisian suburbs to the Champs-élysées, he was going to be crowned 1987 Tour de France champion. Roche stayed clear of trouble, recording the same time as Delgado on the 119-mile ride into the city centre, to win the Tour by 40 seconds, the second smallest margin of victory at the time, which was fitting for a race that offered so much drama, with eight different owners of the yellow jersey. The press went to town. “Roche is yer man for glory,” exclaimed the headline in the Express. The Mirror opted for “King of the road”. Ireland’s prime minister, Charles Haughey, didn’t miss his chance to join the bandwagon, greeting Roche in Paris. “This is a once-in-a-life time experience,” said Roche. “Even our prime minister came over to watch it.” The golfer who didn't win the US Open because he waited for his ball to drop Read more Predictions http://www.jetsofficialsonline.com/Bust … rsey_Cheap of millionaire status, sponsorship deals from Italian jean manufacturers and an estimated crowd of 250,000 people lining the streets of Dublin to welcome him back to Ireland added to the fervour. But there was no rest for Roche, as the day after his reception in Dublin he was off to Eindhoven to race yet again, in preparation for the forthcoming World Championships in Austria. The World Road Race Championship in Villach in September was the final piece of his Triple Crown. The 173-mile race was contested over 23 laps of a challenging course. Roche’s team-mate Sean Kelly was favourite to claim the title but, when Kelly was left in the pack with a few kilometres to go, Roche sniffed a chance of glory and made a frantic dash. When Roche crossed the line a few metres and one second in front of Italian Moreno Argentin, he joined the great Eddy Merckx in winning the Triple Crown of cycling. I always look back fondly on the 1987 Tour de France, a race that gave me another sport to fall in love with. You always remember your first time. Roche must also reminisce often about 1987. Only two people have ever won cycling’s Triple Crown, which makes his achievements all the more remarkable. If I were him, I would recall the events of 1987 during every waking hour of my life

#37 24-07-2017 05:07:49

yehongkun362330
Membre

In football parlance, there was no penalty shootout as Chris Froome finished third to the stage winner, Maciej Bodnar, to seal his fourth Tour de France Matt Holliday Jersey victory. With the harsh light of France’s south reflecting intensely off the twinkling Mediterranean, this stage resembled a 4-0 win for the three-times Tour champion, who went up early and had the game in the bag by half-time, hammering home his advantage in the final quarter, as Romain Bardet’s challenge for the yellow jersey turned into a scrap to save his place on the podium from Mikel Landa. “It’s an amazing feeling,” said Froome. “There was a lot of pressure coming into the stage with it being so close in the general classification. It’s a really fitting way to end the battle for the Tour de France.” Tour de France 2017: Chris Froome set to win fourth title after time trial – as it happened Rolling report: Join Barry Glendenning for updates from Le Tour’s penultimate stage, a 22.5km individual time trial as the riders start and finish in Marseille Read more Trailing by 23 seconds at the start of the stage, Bardet was greeted with a vast Ag2R banner as he left the Vélodrome in Marseille. However, by the end his hopes were in rags as he attempted to avoid two humiliating events: losing third place to Landa and being overhauled by Froome, who had started two minutes behind to a chorus of whistles from the stands. Bardet’s second place overall went west in the early kilometres in favour of Rigoberto Urán, who ended up 54sec behind Froome in the overall standings, the Colombian becoming the surprise package of a Tour that had lost two strong overall contenders in Richie Porte and Jakob Fuglsang. Froome is set to ride into Paris as the third rider in recent history to win the Tour without http://www.officialcardinalsbaseball.co … ersey.html taking a stage, following óscar Pereiro in 2006 and Greg LeMond in 1990. That did not dull his delight in the slightest, but it befitted a race where the favourites chose to mark each other in the mountains and was decided in the two time-trial stages. As he sped up the Avenue du Prado in the final kilometres, Froome could see Bardet’s accompanying car a few hundred metres ahead, but the Frenchman hung on, painfully, keeping the race leader at bay by three seconds, while he did just enough to cling on to third overall by a second from Landa. Uran rode strongly enough to take eighth on the stage, in spite of a disastrous exit from a late corner where he overshot and had to hold himself up on the barriers, taking a foot out of the pedal as he did so. Further down the standings, Simon Yates retained seventh overall and the white jersey of best young rider – repeating last year’s achievement his brother, Adam – while Alberto Contador overtook the leading climber, Warren Barguil, to move into ninth overall. The battle for second, third and fourth gave the stage its sting, but Froome was above the fray, coming within six seconds of taking the stage from Bodnar, who was lying 116th overall, and had to wait for two hours and 41 minutes before his victory was confirmed. The 32-year-old Pole is better known as Peter Sagan’s principal wingman at Bora-Hansgrohe, his strongest assistant when the wind gets up, and he had come within an ace of taking the stage to Pau before being overhauled in the final 200 metres by Marcel Kittel. In a Tour of tight margins, he won his stage by a second from his countryman Michal Kwiatkowski, of Team Sky. Bardet Authentic Daryl Worley Womens Jersey collapsed against a wall within the stadium, barely able to speak even 10 minutes later. “I felt a bit delicate after the [Col d’]Izoard, woke up this morning and didn’t feel very good,” he said. La Marseillaise was played after the finish, but for French fans it had all the emotion of a funeral march. Daniel Martin enlivens Tour de France with aggressive approach Read more This was a finale of breathtaking spectacle, with the riders exiting through one corner of the Vélodrome and returning through the opposite corner a little less than half an hour later. They did so on a specially laid roadway, 15 centimetres thick, to be ripped up as soon as the Tour bade farewell, with a new layer of turf brought in by refrigerated lorry to be laid for the start of the new football season. Up above as they sped briefly through were the vaulting heights of the stands – one named after the Marseillais track racer Gustave Ganay – below the magnificent curved roof erected for last year’s European Championship. Up above hung a vast yellow jersey. In its way, it was every bit as impressive as the Tour’s great outdoor stadia; the Casse Déserte on the Izoard or the glowering heights of Mont Ventoux. In place of the rain that had turned the opening stage into a game of Russian roulette, here the heat beat down gently, prompting the riders to warm up in ice-pack vests to keep their core temperature down. There were still minor incidents: a crash for the French national time trial http://www.panthersfootballprostore.com … -c-32.html champion, Pierre-Roger Latour, a puncture for the Serre-Chevalier stage winner and pre-stage favourite, Primoz Roglic, but nothing on the scale of the destruction in Düsseldorf that had launched a Tour that was only ever counted in seconds

#38 24-07-2017 05:41:43

yehongkun362330
Membre

shot was the one. It flew left and fell deep in the crowd gathered around the 1st green. From there, Jordan Spieth chipped on and missed a putt from 12 feet for a bogey. So he had dropped a shot before he had even made it off the 1st hole. The atmosphere crackled as the crowd realised that whatever else had happened in the last three days, whatever Adidas Derek Roy Womens Jersey else would happen in the next four hours, one thing Spieth’s final round would not be was easy. Jordan Spieth’s astonishing 13th-hole recovery paves way for Open victory Read more The wind was not any stronger than it had been on Thursday, and the rain, so heavy on Friday, hardly fell at all. But the conspicuous difference was that Spieth had to deal with the heavy pressure of being one good round away from winning the Open. For a long while, it looked as though the weight of it would break him. Spieth made as many bogeys in the first nine holes on Sunday as he did in all the last three days. When Spieth is making a short putt, he keeps his eyes fixed on the hole as he swings. He has such trust in his stroke that he breaks the oldest rule in sport, which is that you have always got to watch the ball. But it failed him here. There was a three-putt on the 3rd, another on the 4th, a third on the 9th, this last from just five feet. The ball rolled up, caught the back of the cup, ran around and spat back towards him. He hung his head. “Three over through nine,” Spieth muttered to his caddie Michael Greller, through gritted teeth. It meant he and Matt Kuchar were now level. Spieth’s game Adidas Mikko Rantanen Womens Jersey was starting to creak. Lurking in the back of his mind, and everyone else’s, memories of his infamous round at the Masters in 2016 when he took a five-shot lead into the second nine on the Sunday, made back?to?back bogeys at the 10th and 11th, and then shot a seven at the 12th. “If I don’t win tomorrow, it has nothing to do with that,” Spieth said on Saturday, “and if I win tomorrow it has nothing to do with that, either.” He sounded very much like a man who has spent a lot of time trying to convince himself of the truth of his words, as if he was still working to persuade himself that the wound was healed. Watching Spieth play around that front nine for the final time at Royal Birkdale, you could almost see it tear open again. As if there was a little demon whispering “here we go, Jordan, it’s happening all over again” in his ear while he struggled around the course, trying hard to hold his game together. His swings were wayward, his putting stroke hesitant. Even the birdie he made at the 5th did not seem to help him too much. At the very next hole he squirted his tee-shot left into the gallery, where it bounced off a spectator and fell into the rough. And then, at the 13th, it happened. He collapsed. Spieth’s tee-shot flew so far right that it landed on the wrong side of the hill beside the fairway. He was left with an unplayable lie, and he spent the next 20 minutes pacing around the driving range trying to find a spot to hit his next shot from, arguing with the officials about whether or not he could go over, or around, or between, two parked up trucks. For a moment he stood alone on the hill, Lear on the heath, staring at the green. It was a ridiculous business, reminiscent, in its way, of the way http://www.authenticcoloradoavalanche.c … non-jersey Jean van de Velde waded into the water at Carnoustie back in 1999. Jordan Spieth wins the Open 2017: final round, as it happened Jordan Spieth won the Open at Birkdale – his third major title – after a heroic performance along the closing stretch. Scott Murray was watching Read more On the 12th at Augusta, it was not the mistake Spieth made off the tee that did for him, but the way he took a drop and chopped his third shot back into the creek. Spieth always seems like a man who knows all the angles. This Sunday he spent an interminable amount of time trying to find the right one in to the green. In the end he clipped his shot over the hill and into a rough dell by a bunker. He was furious with himself. The dropped shot meant Kuchar, who had been waiting all the while, had the lead. And it was then that Spieth showed just how tough, and how good, a golfer he really is. He reached down into the depths of himself, and summoned up the very best he had inside him. Kuchar’s lead lasted less than a single hole. Spieth came racing back past him again. He came within a couple of inches of making a hole-in-one at the 14th, made a 45ft putt for an eagle on the 15th, a 40ft putt for birdie on the 16th, and hit a wedge to six feet for a birdie on the 17th. Spieth had been trying to keep a lid on his emotions all day long, determined, as he said, to try and stay “very neutral in the head”. He was convinced this was “the most important thing for me to do”. But now all that anger, that desire, that energy, came rushing out of him. He began to scream and shout, unable, or unwilling, to hold himself back any more, as if overwhelmed by his own bloodyminded refusal to be Adidas Nick Bjugstad Womens Jersey beaten. In the end it was not Kuchar that Spieth beat, or any of the 154 other players in the field, but that little devil sitting on his shoulder

#39 24-07-2017 07:37:59

yehongkun362330
Membre

packets often carry the warning to “protect children: don’t make them breathe your Jeremiah Attaochu Authentic Jersey smoke”. In 2014, the Kenyan government attempted to do just that – banning the sale of single cigarettes, banning smoking in vehicles with a child and keeping the tobacco industry out of initiatives aimed at children and young people. But as the Guardian reported last week, British American Tobacco, in an effort to keep Kenyans breathing their smoke, fought the regulations on the grounds that they “constitute an unjustifiable barrier to international trade”. 广告 inRead invented by Teads 广告 inRead invented by Teads In fact, big tobacco has a long history of using trade and investment rules to force their products on markets in the global south and attack laws and threaten lawmakers that attempt to control tobacco use. Back in the 1980s, as cigarette consumption fell off in North America and western Europe, US trade officials worked aggressively to grant American companies access to markets in Asia, demanding not only the right to sell their products, but also the right to advertise, sponsor sports events and run free promotions. Smoking rates surged. In the 1990s, World Trade Organisation agreements led to a liberalisation of the international tobacco trade, with countries reducing import tariffs on tobacco products. The impact, according to a joint study of the World Health Organisation and the World Bank, was a 5% increase http://www.sandiegochargersauthorizedst … rsey-elite in global cigarette consumption and accompanying mortality rates. Analysis How big tobacco has survived death and taxes The world’s five major tobacco companies are thriving, profitable and increasing sales, despite many predictions of the industry’s decline Read more Big tobacco’s lawyers were quick to discover the value of “next generation” trade agreements. In the 1990s, Canada dropped a plain packaging initiative after US manufacturers threatened a suit using the first next-gen trade deal, the North American Free Trade Agreement (Nafta). A few years later, Philip Morris threatened Canada again after it prohibited terms such as “light” and “mild” cigarettes. Philip http://www.minnesotavikingsauthorizedst … rsey-elite Morris argued it would be owed millions in compensation for damage to its brand identity. Philip Morris was able to credibly wield this threat because of the extraordinary powers that Nafta grants international corporations: the right to sue governments in private tribunals over regulations that affect their profits. A toxic combination of far-reaching and poorly defined “rights” for investors, eye-watering legal costs, and tribunals composed of corporate lawyers with the power to set limitless awards against governments makes investment arbitration and the modern “trade” agreement a formidable weapon to intimidate regulators. Advertisement And what big tobacco learned in the global north it has been replicating in the global south, where threats carry greater force against poorer countries that may lack the resources to see down a legal challenge. In 2010, Philip Morris launched a $25m claim against Uruguay after it introduced graphic warnings on cigarette packs. Though Uruguay successfully defended the measure, it still faced millions in legal costs. And Fran Tarkenton Jersey Philip Morris effectively won, as Costa Rica and Paraguay held off introducing similar measures.

#40 25-07-2017 02:50:45

yehongkun362330
Membre

decade-long drought, the Tour de France green jersey is back on the shoulders Authentic Brett Favre Womens Jersey of an Australian cyclist. Following a relaxed ride around the streets of Paris on Sunday, Michael Matthews – resplendent in the maillot vert – placed 11th in the iconic c finale. With his sprint classification win already secured, it was a respectable conclusion to an impressive three-week campaign. To the uncharitable, he is the Steven Bradbury of Australian cycling. But Matthews’ success at the Tour de France was no fluke. While he benefited from the early disqualification of Peter Sagan and Marcel Kittel’s late withdrawal, Matthews is a deserving wearer of the green jersey. When Kittel retired midway through the Tour’s final week, his Australian rival was a mere nine points behind. And, as the winner himself says, “ultimately you have to get to Paris”. Chris Froome wins fourth Tour de France after Champs élysées procession Read more Matthews’ victory provides a compelling lesson in the virtues of perseverance. On stage 10, when Kittel won his fourth sprint finish of the Tour and “Bling” finished a disappointing 13th, it seemed the battle for green was over. Matthews was inconsolable but he continued to battle for every point, finishing ahead of Kittel in the intermediate sprints on stages 11, 12 and 13. He then took line honours in Rodez, a stage he had targeted since the announcement of this year’s route, before winning again three days later. In barely a week, Matthews had reduced Kittel’s green jersey lead by over 100 points. When another intermediate victory narrowed the gap to single digits, it momentarily seemed that the Tour’s 104th edition was heading for an epic sprint battle in Paris. Then, suddenly, Matthews found himself in green. “I had mixed feelings when I heard over the team radio that Marcel had withdrawn,” he says. “At first I thought my sports director was joking.” While Kittel’s injury-induced abandonment deprived spectators of an exciting denouement, it has not dampened Matthews’ elation. “I did everything possible to win this jersey,” says the 26-year-old, refuting a suggestion that his triumph might be undervalued. “I was fighting every single day from stage one. It is not who has the most points on a particular day – you have to be consistent through to Paris. In the end, I deserve the jersey.” Five http://www.footballpanthershop.com/Char … rsey_Cheap reasons why Chris Froome and Team Sky dominated the Tour de France Read more A key figure in Matthews’ French success has been another Australian, Team Sunweb’s sports director Luke Roberts. The Olympic gold medallist, who himself twice rode the Tour de France, has masterfully orchestrated a strategy to help Matthews compete – and ultimately overcome – faster sprinters. After directing Tom Dumoulin to the Giro d’Italia pink jersey in May, Roberts has now added the Tour de France green jersey, king of the mountain polka dot jersey and overall combativity award to Sunweb’s tally, the latter two earned by Matthews’ room-mate Warren Barguil. “Warren and I had a chat with Luke on Friday night and it became quite emotional,” says Matthews. “Our wins have been mainly because of him – he was so relaxed and provided such detailed race strategies.” Another mentor to Matthews during his short career has been Orica-Scott’s Matt White, who guided the former Under-23 world champion to a host of victories during his four years with the Australian-registered team. On Saturday, White made a bold claim to the Sydney Morning Herald about his former rider: “Long-term, and depending on how he chooses http://www.broncosfootballprosshop.com/ … rsey_Cheap to develop, he could genuinely ride for general classification, and even here [at the Tour].” Could a yellow jersey follow this year’s green? Matthews hesitates when considering whether he has the mental and physical acumen to contend for cycling’s ultimate prize. “Since I started riding people have told me I could be a good general classification cyclist,” he says. “But to climb with the best of them I would need to lose a lot of muscle, and I am not sure if I am willing to sacrifice my sprinting. Orica-Scott: 24 hours on the road with the Australian Tour de France team Read more “To ride general classification, you also have to be focused all the time,” Matthews continues. “While at this Tour I have improved in that aspect, I am not sure if I have the capability to climb, time trial and sprint while staying focused every single day.” Roberts offers a similar appraisal. “Michael’s physiology won’t allow him to target a yellow jersey in the Tour de France,” the sports director notes. “But in the shorter stage races he could definitely be a tough competitor to beat.” Whatever the future holds, Matthews has assured himself a place in the annals Buster Skrine Youth Jersey of Australian cycling. By being anointed sprint classification inner in Paris, he joins heroes Robbie McEwen and Baden Cooke as the only Australians to secure the hallowed green jersey. But a decade on from the golden era of Australian sprinting, Matthews is keen to write his own history. Asked how he felt about following in the footsteps of McEwen and Cooke, who provided guidance prior to the Tour, he signals his considerable ambition. “Nah, I think I’ll start my own [tradition]

#41 25-07-2017 03:22:38

yehongkun362330
Membre

British Cycling members have answered the call of Sir Chris Hoy and voted to amend Jay McClement Jersey the sport’s governance structures, safeguarding around £43m of Sport England and UK Sport funding. At an extraordinary general meeting of its national council on Saturday, British Cycling accepted proposals to fall in line with the code of the sports minister, Tracey Crouch, to promote diversity by October. Had it not have done so, then the sport faced losing more than £40m of UK Sport and Sport England funding, a point Hoy was eager to make in a rallying cry on Friday. A 75% majority was required for the reforms to go through but three of 10 regions had rejected the proposals at regional mandate meetings, prompting the six-time Olympic champion to issue an open letter to those responsible for making the decision. Allez allez! Le Tour de France - a photo essay Read more The proposals were approved, though, with one amendment that would allow the 10 English regions to nominate a board member. Julie Harrington, British Cycling’s chief executive, said: “Today, British Cycling’s National Council voted in favour of changes to our constitution in order to ensure that we are compliant with the Code for Sports Governance. “Our membership also voted for an amendment to create the role of a director nominated by the English regions to go alongside those nominated by Scottish Cycling and Welsh Cycling. We have heard the concerns of our National Councillors and we will actively work with our membership to ensure that the voice of the enthusiast remains central to Eddie Giacomin Jersey our purpose. “Securing funding for elite and grassroots participation through these changes will enable us to inspire more people on to two wheels across communities the length of the country. “Without secured funding we will not be able to share our love of the sport and enable others to try it. Our sport is growing and growing up. Today’s vote is the start of an exciting new chapter for British Cycling and our sport.” On Friday, Hoy had clearly been worried which way the vote was going to go and signed off his letter by writing: “This weekend’s vote is vital for all areas of our sport, and I would urge everyone with a vote to consider the implications that this withdrawal of funding would have on not just cycling, but our society as a whole.” This month, Table Tennis England had its Sport England funding of almost £9m suspended after its members narrowly voted against accepting the same proposals. The governing body has called an EGM next month in a bid to reverse the outcomeSo now, as Chris Froome closes to within one 22.5km time trial around the sights of Marseille and one ceremonial http://www.officialcelticsproshop.com/I … mas_Jersey parade into Paris of his fourth Tour win in five years, did it do the job? On an aesthetic level, perhaps it did. The Sky squad still rode on the front, all eight of them en bloc after an accident forced Geraint Thomas to withdraw, but the sight of that crushing might was less oppressive. How Stephen Roche ruled cycling in 1987 Read more In competitive terms, however, they were even more imposing. Very early in the race we could see how their massive budget had been used to assemble a group of riders of formidable skills to support Froome’s campaign, including some – like Michal Kwiatkowski and Mikel Landa – who might have had legitimate ambitions of their own had they been with other teams. The decision to leave Peter Kennaugh and Ian Stannard at home was made on the basis that for this assault only the very, very best would do. They began with the unexpected bonus of four days in yellow for Thomas, the winner of the opening time trial. But then day after day Sky’s squadron of domestiques de luxe rode at the front, challenging the teams of Froome’s principal rivals – Romain Bardet’s AG2R-La Mondiale, Fabio Aru’s Astana, Rigoberto Urán’s Cannondale-Drapac – to meet them on their own terms. None could manage it, although Bardet’s men gave http://www.officialmagicstoreonline.com … eks_Jersey it a decent go on Thursday, when they swept to the front of the peloton on the Col de Vars in an attempt to provide their leader with the platform from which to launch a race-winning assault on the Izoard. They crumbled eventually but at least they tried. As a group, Sky ride to their power meters, and as individuals they are strong and clever enough to execute that carefully plotted strategy with such efficiency that no serious rival can ride away from them. But it has not made them loved, or even admired, by those who value bike racing for its humanity, spontaneity and unpredictability

#42 25-07-2017 04:15:26

yehongkun362330
Membre

If weight of national expectation and volume of media hype counted for anything, Romain Bardet would have dislodged Chris Froome here and won the Tour Amos Youth Jersey de France. Instead he finished exhausted, close behind the stage winner, Warren Barguil, after pushing himself rather than Froome to the limit and snatching a second place which is provisional before the time trial on Saturday. Froome is now within an ace of winning a fourth Tour de France. As Bardet attempted to find breath to explain how hard he had tried and what it promised for the future, Froome mounted the finish podium perched on the Col d’Izoard – a panorama of Alpine peaks all around in the crystal clear air – with the look of a man who knew the worst was behind him. 广告 inRead invented by Teads 广告 inRead invented by Teads Annemiek van Vleuten wins La Course stage one with Lizzie Deignan second Read more The stage to Marseille on Friday is far from flat but not threatening, given that the wind is not expected to be strong. As for Saturday’s time trial, on paper Froome is stronger at the discipline than either Bardet, who has to close a 23sec gap, or Rigoberto Urán, who is now 29sec behind. The big threat to the race leader’s fourth Tour is a puncture or a crash on Saturday. Behind Urán in third the gaps stretch away as the initial verdict of Wednesday’s stage over the Galibier was largely repeated. Simon Yates hung on to seventh and the white jersey but Fabio Aru’s challenge for the podium came to an end; the Italian slipped to fifth at 1min 55sec and even fourth place looks beyond him. Mikel Landa was disconcertingly if impassively strong, and he may well move from fourth overall on to the podium on Saturday. The 2,360m-high Izoard, wrote the Tour organiser Jacques Goddet, is a “terrible challenge which establishes the margin between the difficult and the http://www.officialcalgaryflames.com/Ad … ton-Jersey terrifying”. The challenge for Bardet’s AG2R team was to set a pace that would eliminate Froome’s team-mates, which would at least put their leader in a position to see what the race leader had in him. Froome has certainly not been terrifying in this Tour – there have been none of the extreme accelerations on mountain tops seen in other years – but he has been a difficult nut to crack, apart from his costly 200m at Peyragudes. Advertisement AG2R began making the pace on the Col de Vars, 50km out, and by the time they were worn out 40km later the group around Froome and Bardet was reduced to about 15. However, once again, Landa was where he needed to be, and the Basque rider drifted off the front of the Froome and Bardet group shortly after Barguil had sprung away in search of points to seal his victory in the King of the Mountains contest. Sky’s plan was partly to put Urán and Bardet under pressure but also for Froome to join Landa. However, when the yellow jersey made his move – immediately after Bardet had put in an attack at three kilometres Amos Youth Jersey to go – he was marked by Urán and the Frenchman as he tackled the brief downhill through the Casse Déserte, past the plaques to Fausto Coppi and Louison Bobet. “I wanted to move before that descent, I don’t know if that was the right time,” Froome said. “If Rigoberto had not reacted as fast as he did, I might have got away with it.” Bardet tried again inside the final kilometre and persisted to the line with the time bonuses in his mind, just holding off Froome to take a four-second time bonus and finish two seconds ahead of Urán. However, in terms of the bigger picture and his hopes for overall victory, it was too little, too late. Bardet has proved a mild anticlimax – far from a disappointment – but Barguil has finally come into his own in the past 10 days. A fellow member of the new French generation, Barguil should now join his fellow Bretons Bernard Hinault and Louison Bobet as a winner of the polka dot jersey. He has sealed that position with possibly the two most prestigious mountain stage wins of the race, victory here coming after the Bastille Day triumph in Foix. When he sprang out of Froome and Bardet’s little group, the last remnants of a classic mountain escape were still between him and the stage win. The breakaways had numbered 54, a third of the field, including most of the UAE and Direct Energie teams – Thomas Voeckler’s presence was inevitable. They gained eight minutes at one stage, and UAE’s Colombian Darwin Atapuma was hanging on to a 1min 15sec lead at five kilometres to go. The Tour is the most Darwinian of sports events, however, and the race’s law of natural selection was as implacable as usual. Atapuma was mopped up with one kilometre remaining, surviving to take second and the most aggressive rider prize. In the bad old Armstrong era when the French were often the whipping boys of the Tour, the red race number awarded to the combatif du jour was one of the http://www.officialdallasstars.com/Adid … kin-Jersey few consolation prizes available to the home riders. Thanks to Bardet and Barguil, and the others who have contributed to a French tally of five stage wins, those days are a mere memory, even if, as Bardet will probably have to accept, the overall title remains as elusive as ever

#43 25-07-2017 04:58:34

yehongkun362330
Membre

The French capital was in lockdown on Sunday, with extra rings of security around the Champs élysées, which had been turned into a vast sterile zone as a foretaste of what awaits the French capital when the Olympics arrive in either 2024 or 2028. In an understandable attempt to put Paris on display as never before, the race was routed through the Grand Palais with the riders racing under the famous glass roof, originally erected in 1897 for the universal exposition of the turn of the century. For Chris Froome it was but a novel diversion en route to confirmation of his fourth Tour de France victory. The Team Sky rider crossed the line in the bunch behind the stage winner, Dylan Groenewegen, to win the yellow jersey by 54 seconds from Rigoberto Urán. 广告 Five reasons why Chris Froome and Team Sky dominated the Tour de France Read more Bike races have been sent through buildings before – there is a legendary kermis in Belgium which went through a bar full of drinkers and cyclo-cross races are sometimes sent through beer tents – but this was about more than merely upping the returns in adjacent brasseries. Coming as it did the day after the start and finish in Marseille’s Stade Vélodrome – albeit far from full due to the fact that few ticket holders wanted to stay in the stands all day – the Grand Palais detour was further evidence that the Tour is constantly looking for new ways to reinvent itself, and a reminder that it increasingly sees itself as a way of showing this multifaceted country to the world. Lockdown could serve as a metaphor for the Tour as a whole, given the way the overall battle had panned out since the race left Düsseldorf 22 days ago. In four of the five previous Tours, Team Sky had brought their cycling version of catenaccio to bear on the race, but they had never done so to the extent they managed this year, with the yellow jersey only eluding them for two days once Geraint Thomas had won the opening time trial. For kilometre after kilometre the white train ground out the pace on the front, up hill and down dale, at times lining out the entire race when on paper it was not strictly necessary. As Froome’s fourth win loomed large, it was inevitable that at least one French newspaper – Le Figaro, as it turned out – would describe the Tour winner using Antoine Blondin’s sublime pun, “gérant de la route” – a Joe Barksdale Jersey wordplay on the verb gérer, meaning to manage or regulate, and the hoary French cliche for the Tour riders, les géants de la route. An English translation might be accountancy on wheels. Or to paraphrase Geoff Nicholson, hoarding seconds like supermarket discount coupons. Advertisement Froome himself said that this was his and Team Sky’s chosen approach. “We knew in Düsseldorf that it would be tight. It was always the tactic to ride this as a three-week race, not to go out on one day to blow it up, smash it for the stage win … just chipping away every stage to make sure there were no massive losses. That’s normal when on a bad day in the mountains you can lose minutes. It’s been about doing it in the most conservative and efficient manner. That’s what Grand Tour racing is.” Compare and contrast with Dan Martin, who treats the key days like individual one-day classics, but – before you veer too strongly towards espousing Martin’s philosophy – bear in mind who actually won. Fourth Tour wins are the penultimate step to cycling greatness, but often do little to warm the soul at the time. This could certainly be said of the three that I can personally recall: Lance Armstrong in 2002 (with the usual proviso that it has been struck off), Miguel Indurain in 1994 and Bernard Hinault in 1982. They seem to be ones for the record http://www.sandiegochargersauthorizedst … rsey-elite books rather than the heart, but they can be turned by an individual’s approach. Hinault, in 1982, faced the same issue that confronted Froome as he approached Paris on Sunday: a Tour without a stage win, and the consequent carps about a lack of panache. Sky’s the limiting factor for Chris Froome in Tour de France popularity stakes Read more The Badger’s response was to win the bunch sprint on the Champs élysées, but this is not one from the Froome copybook. Having said that, Froome’s great strength over his four victories is his ability to adapt to whatever the Tour organisers present to him, and whatever fate decrees. 2013 had a wealth of time trialling and an immensely tough finale in the Alps; in 2015 there were cobbles and a team time trial but barely any individual time trials, while in 2016 there was more time trialling and a downhill finale into Morzine, in teeming rain, not to mention the run up Mont Ventoux. He is a champion who has versatility and grit, if not charisma or popularity. His approach to the latter is summed up by his answer to the question of why he felt he did not need to give press conferences on the rest days. “Rest days are meant to be rest days and a big press conference is not good for recovery. I felt it helped me being able to switch off.” If Froome chooses to pursue a “marginal gain” by hiding from a 15-minute discussion with the people whose job it is to present his personality to the world, he can hardly complain if his personality is not understood or appreciated for what it is. This is the Team http://www.minnesotavikingsauthorizedst … rsey-elite Sky approach of winning at all costs; in this case the cost has to be borne by him. For the neutral there was much unbridled bike racing by individuals of character and panache to be savoured through the 2017 Tour, with the unfortunate proviso that very little of it actually involved the battle for the overall title. Some days will live in the memory: the moyenne montagne stage to Les Rousses won by Lilian Calmejane, Steve Cummings’s attempt to take the stage to Peyragudes, Sunweb’s battle with Quick-Step on the road to Romans-sur-Isère on behalf of their sprinters Mike Matthews and Marcel Kittel, Alberto Contador’s raging against the dying of the light en route to Foix and Serre-Chevalier, and Edvald Boasson Hagen’s cunning on Friday at Salon-de-Provence. Two stages can be seen as key episodes in the picaresque three-week soap opera: the Düsseldorf time trial, because of the time gained by Froome, and the message it sent about the probable outcome in Marseille three weeks later, and Chambéry, with the crash that eliminated Richie Porte – whose BMC team looked second strongest to Sky – and which put Daniel Martin physically and temporally on the back foot for the rest of the race. Tour de France 2017 – in pictures View gallery What of the opposition? They fell upon a Froome who was probably not as strong as in the past, but who had the nous, the sangfroid and the team to get him cycling’s greatest prize. “At the moment we’re not ready to beat Chris Froome. Most teams aren’t,” said Orica-Scott’s director sportive Matt White, who placed a Yates brother in the top 10 and Fran Tarkenton Authentic Jersey the white jersey of best under-25 for the second year running. “We’ll be coming back with a leader next year to try to beat Chris. Everyone is beatable. The model that Sky run and how they race makes it difficult. I’ve no idea what it’s a sign of but this year in general we haven’t seen him at the level of the past. That level was still good enough to win the Tour de France, and that shows the class of the man

#44 25-07-2017 05:45:04

yehongkun362330
Membre

Chris Froome, with his fourth Tour de France in the bag thanks to one of the Marcus Johansson Authentic Jersey strongest final weeks he can remember putting in, is now likely to move on to the Tour of Spain, depending on his form. Tour de France 2017: final stage – as it happened Dylan Groenewegen wins the final stage of the race but Chris Froome is the hero of the day, winning his third straight Tour and fourth overall Read more “I’ll have to see how I recover from this and how I back up in training going into the Vuelta,” Froome said. “It’s always been the plan to go on and do the Vuelta but I’ll have to see how I shape up over the next 10 days and when I get back into training.” In the longer term Froome expects to continue riding for the next five years, although he is not sure how long his Tour winning sequence will last. “I’d still like to keep racing into my late thirties and keep competing for the yellow jersey. I’d like to be here for the next five years, trying to win it, but it certainly doesn’t get any easier. This year was the closest it’s ever been for me and it’s only going to be harder next year. I’m definitely getting older. “Each year I’m learning more, developing as a rider, becoming a more complete http://www.officialcapitalsauthentic.co … nen_Jersey rider. I’ve worked on my descending, my positioning in the bunch, but tactically I’ve got more to learn. I hope I can still improve. Every year we’ll have to try and adapt to whatever the Tour throws at us.” Looking back at this year’s Tour, Froome said he felt the conservative racing among the overall contenders was largely down to the course. “It made it a much more cagey race between the main favourites once we hit the climbs because there were so few summit finishes. We basically ended up following each other and, between us, we were afraid to lay it all on the line in case things didn’t go well and there wasn’t a back-up or an opportunity to rectify it. This year was certainly the hardest for me personally, given the lack of mountain-top finishes and time trial kilometres compared to other years. Chris Froome wins fourth Tour de France after Champs élysées procession Read more “The goal was to be strong in the third week of the Tour and, especially http://www.officialblazershop.com/authe … ersey.html after a couple of hard days in the Alps, it’s worked out really well. Tim Kerrison has been a major part of that and I have him to thank for the planning, coming into the Tour the way I did. I wasn’t quite at my best in the Dauphiné but I’ve never felt this good in the third week of a Grand Tour. Even though I was pushing to the limits, I always felt as if I was in control.” Froome remains adamant that the ongoing issues around Team Sky – principally the Ukad inquiry into allegations of possible wrongdoing at the team, which are denied by the squad – should have no bearing on his fourth victory, that in no sense should they detract from it. “No. They don’t concern me,” he said. “It’s really something that really doesn’t concern me and I’m not going to waste energy getting myself caught up in it when it doesn’t involve me.” Some might argue this is bordering on myopia but cutting oneself off from the world and compartmentalising surrounding issues is probably part of being a successful Tour rider. Asked about Sir Dave Brailsford’s run-in with a journalist from cyclingnews.com, which made the news on the rest day, Froome gave a similar reply: “When you have a three?week bike race, especially one that’s been this close for the Amos Youth Jersey yellow jersey, it’s not something that’s on your radar. It’s just noise in the background. It’s the same as a Frenchman going ‘Boo’ at the roadside – you hear it but it doesn’t stop you pedalling or going in the direction you need to go

#45 25-07-2017 08:55:44

yehongkun362330
Membre

over the polished Graham Knott Jersey cobblestones of the Champs élysées on Sunday afternoonlater today, the cyclist will surely enter the pantheon of British sporting greats. After finishing the penultimate stage of the Tour de France 54 seconds ahead of his closest rival on Saturday, the 32-year-old is a certainty, barring accidents, to win the brutal race for a fourth time, something only four other men have ever done. Froome’s domination of the event since his first victory in 2013 has been unrelenting. A series of crashes put him out of the 2014 Tour, but ever since he has crushed all opposition in his pursuit of the maillot jaune, the famous yellow jersey that signifies the overall race leader. Yet for a British champion who has little left to prove in his chosen field, Froome is yet to be fully embraced by the British public. He is not praised for his achievements in the way that athletes such as Daley Thompson, Steve Redgrave or Paula Radcliffe have been, or sportsmen such as Ian Botham, Bobby Moore or Andy MurrayHe’s now closing in on five-times Tour winner Eddy Merckx, who is popularly regarded as the greatest ever road racer,” Ellis Cashmore, professor of sociology at Aston University, Birmingham, and author of Sports Culture, said. “The problem for Froome is that cycling is a tainted sport. Lance Armstrong changed everything. It will be years before cycling purges itself of its close association with doping.” Advertisement The shadow of performance-enhancing drugs has obscured every cycling achievement since Armstrong was exposed in 2012 and stripped of his seven titles. Froome’s success arrived a year later, under the regime of Team Sky and its general manager, Sir Dave Brailsford. Every Darron Lee Authentic Jersey turn of Froome’s pedals and his every heartbeat are measured, scrutinised and debated by fans, pundits and other riders looking for any hint that he is not quite as good as he looks. In 2013 he won the 15th stage of the Tour de France from Givors to Mont Ventoux, a particularly vicious climb that sometimes leaves competitors gasping into an oxygen mask. Froome’s victory provoked veiled allegations from some who could not understand how his heart rate had not leapt when he overtook his rivals in a fury of pedalling. Froome later underwent a physiological examination that showed an extraordinary ability to generate power. His rake-thin frame is undoubtedly an asset. Froome’s Tour race weight is a mere 67kg, stretched over 6ft 1in. He cycles hunched over his handlebars, elbows splayed, staring down rather than out at the backdrop of the Alps, the Pyrenees or the Massif Central during his odyssey around France. Perhaps the other reason why Froome has not yet cemented a place in British hearts is his upbringing in Africa. Born in Nairobi to Jane and Clive Froome, the latter of which represented England’s under-19s at hockey, Froome lived in Kenya until he was 13, then went to secondary school in Bloemfontein in South Africa and afterwards the University of Johannesburg. He retains a South African tinge to his accent, like Kevin Pietersen, another unfeted British sportsman, and now lives in Monaco with his wife MichelleYet his older brothers came to England for their schooling, and he has always maintained strong ties here. “He has held a British passport since birth, his grandparents are http://www.officialblazershop.com/authe … ersey.html British, and he registered as a British national and started racing under a British licence in 2008,” Nigel Wynn, the former deputy editor of Cycling Weekly, wrote. “He identifies himself as British. Has post-Brexit Britain become so inward-looking that we discount Froome as British? It seems unlikely, and more importantly, unjustifiable under scrutiny.” Advertisement When Froome failed to gain a nomination for the BBC’s Sports Personality of the Year award last year, after his third Tour de France win, the Olympic triathlete Jonny Brownlee spoke out against the decision. “People struggle to warm to Froome’s personality, but I really respect him,” Brownlee said. “He says: ‘I’ll just train really hard and do what I need to win’. He should have been nominated.” Although road cycling can seem arcane to the casual viewer, Froome’s tactics and courage have been hallmarks of his career. The 2015 race turned when Froome attacked Nairo Quintana on the mountain stage to La Pierre St Martin, landing a psychological blow. In 2016 Froome was forced to run uphill after a collision with a motorbike damaged his bike and he had to get a replacement from his team. For this year’s Tour, Froome has dominated without winning a stage before Amos Youth Jersey the 22km time trial around Marseille. His riding has been less spectacular for fans, yet there have been moments of high drama: a 25-man pile up in Aachen involving Froome, a broken spoke beside the river Allier, and losing, then regaining, the yellow jersey from his rival Fabio Aru. “The more time I’ve spent chasing the yellow jersey, the more I’ve come to appreciate the likes of Merckx, the guys who have won it five times, and just how hard that is,” Froome said. It has been, he said, his “toughest challenge yet”. Until next year

#46 25-07-2017 09:10:01

yehongkun362330
Membre

the Tour de France organisers devised a route to discomfit Jacques Anquetil, who had just won the race for the third time. The time trial kilometrage was slashed and the mountain stages increased. It did not work: Anquetil took his fourth Tour in emphatic style. A similar process can be traced leading to Chris Froome’s fourth Tour win, sealed in Marseille in one of the most scenically beautiful and atmospheric stages the event has ever run. This Tour route looked tailored for the young French hopeful Romain Bardet, he of the nerveless descending skills, more downhill skier than cyclist, but the outcome was the same as in 1963: the man who, on paper, was least favoured by the route, ended up the winner, taking Amos Youth Jersey his fourth TourThere were two schools of thought going into this Tour. One held that the new format would result in a nervous, open race. The other that the race would be conservative and tense, with most of the contenders watching and waiting for the final two key stages: Thursday’s finish on the Izoard and Saturday’s time trial. These past three weeks have tended towards the latter, a few flurries from Daniel Martin and Simon Yates apart. Froome lost time in the mountains, for the first time in his winning run, to Bardet and Rigoberto Urán. Thanks to their stage wins, they fared slightly better than Froome when it came to securing time bonus seconds. Most tellingly of all, on every mountain stage apart from Peyragudes, the trio finished within 10 seconds of each other. A Tour designed with a bare minimum of time trialling has been won in the time trial stages in Düsseldorf and Marseille. Froome’s rivals will reflect on missed opportunities: at Chambéry, where Froome had a mechanical issue, Fabio Aru attacked and Richie Porte made the opposition wait for the race leader. There was no particular reason for them to do so, other than a decidedly tenuous convention that, in certain circumstances, the maillot jaune should be given leeway. More conventionally, on the super-short mountain stage to Foix, none of the riders who had seen Froome’s weakness at first hand the previous day (at Peyragudes) made a real effort to test him. No one was quite certain what his issue had been and it would surely have been worth seeing what the after-effects were. Advertisement Most glaringly, however, when he suffered a broken spoke at the foot of the Col de Peyra Taillade en route to Le Puy-en-Velay, none of the leaders attempted to go clear of the main group on the climb. It was a perfect opportunity because – for perhaps the only time in the Tour – Team Sky were in disarray. It is hard to imagine Bernard Hinault, Eddy Merckx or Lance Armstrong letting such an opportunity slip away. Froome won http://www.authenticducksstore.com/kevi … c-424.html in the style of Anquetil, managing his time gaps, marking his rivals. He owed an immense amount to his team. Among his daily rituals, one was never missed: massive heartfelt thanks to the other riders in white Sky jerseys. One rival team manager summed up the opposition’s frustration. “Sky have a world time-trial champion [Vasil Kiryienka] who can ride in the valleys. They have a former world road champion [Michal Kwiatkowski] who can bury himself on pretty much any climb. And they have a guy [Mikel Landa] who is capable of winning the Tour who can stay with Chris when the going gets tough. “There are people asking why the top guys on general classification don’t attack Chris – but they would need to be putting out a zillion watts to do that.” It is when you turn to Team Sky, however, that Froome’s triumph becomes complicated. Four wins is a massive achievement, the moment when a rider suddenly attains greatness. There should be huge excitement around a feat that places a rider in the same bracket as Hinault, Merckx, Miguel Indurain and Anquetil, but that was hard to detect hereOn Saturday, the Tour was relegated to page 12 of l’Equipe. There was little Froome love in evidence. A few boos en route to Le Puy-en-Velay and some whistling on Saturday apart, there has been no antipathy either, unlike other years, but it seems that Froome is only slowly winning over the French. Advertisement “He’s the victim of Sky’s image to some extent,” says Jean Montois, who Mike Nugent Womens Jersey has covered 35 Tours for Agence France-Presse. “After Wiggins, everyone emphasised the dehumanised side of Team Sky but Froome has everything that should make him popular: he’s polite, he’s fair play, he makes an effort to talk French. “Like in all sports, the public doesn’t like a team that crushes everyone else. If he had lost one of his Tours by 15sec, he’d be very popular. I can sense small changes, however; last year was better than 2015 and this year that’s continued.” The questions regarding Team Sky remain. They do not touch Froome directly, but are bound to detract from his moment of triumph. Having announced during the Tour that he will ride a further two years at Sky, he and the squad are bound together. The issues unveiled in the past nine months, at the centre of UK Anti-Doping’s inquiry into allegations of possible wrongdoing, make a grim list, starting with 55 doses of the performance-enhancing corticosteroid triamcinolone acquired between 2010 and 2013, with no clear explanation of what it was all used for; Froome, however, has told the Guardian he did not use any of the triamcinolone and was not offered any. Add in the delivery of testosterone patches to the then team doctor Richard Freeman, claimed to have been a mistake; allegations of widespread use of the painkiller tramadol; curiously timed Therapeutic Use Exemptions for Wiggins, coinciding with major target events. All this on top of the hiring of a doctor, Geert Leinders, who is now banned for life for misdeeds connected with his previous team, Rabobank. This relates to a period between five and six years ago, but the issues remain unresolved, with the Ukad inquiry yet to be completed. Here is the conundrum of Froome 4.0. Being expected to celebrate a clinically taken victory, forged with the help of one of the most complete team performances the Tour has seen, is one thing. Being expected to do so against Sky’s background is like being asked to dance at http://www.officialauthenticsaintsstore … ersey.html a wedding when the groom’s previous wife disappeared in unexplained circumstances. Like it or not, want it or not, however much one might admire Froome’s management of the race, relishing this success is somehow hard to do

#47 26-07-2017 02:41:41

yehongkun362330
Membre

the women who know how to enthral. After two riveting World Cup semi?finals Marcus Johansson Womens Jersey elsewhere here was a final that had a capacity crowd nervously glued to their seats one moment, then leaping out of them in delight yet still never knowing which side would prevail until the final ball was bowled. Somehow the men’s games this summer have been disappointingly one-sided by comparison. This was not the decorous Lord’s of seasons past. The fans were chanting and gasping at every twist and turn. In the final overs each ball provoked raucous cheers from one set of fans or the other. Brilliant run-outs, scrambled singles, desperate dropped catches and then at the end – just as in the semi-final at Bristol – Anya Shrubsole was engulfed by team?mates, exhausted not so much by the demands of the game but by the tension of a magnificent final. One-day cricket is a wonderful game when the outcome seems all-important. England beat India in thrilling final to win Women’s Cricket World Cup Read more At Bristol against South Africa Shrubsole faced one ball and hit it for four just when England appeared to be making a mess of a straightforward run chase – except that there is no such thing in a semi-final. Here England were struggling in the field with India bang on target. In their 42nd over they were 191 for three, needing only 38 more for victory. Then the ball was tossed to Shrubsole of Somerset, known as the quickest bowler born in the north of the county – especially when Peter Trego is in earshot – and somehow she tinkered with fate. The dismissal of Punam Raut, who had batted with such polish and poise for her 86, prompted the first signs of panic among the chasers. Then there was a certain magic about every Shrubsole delivery, partly because just about all of them had that special quality; they were straight. She yorked the vastly experienced Jhulan Goswami first ball but perhaps her best delivery was her last. Her opponent was not the most formidable – Rajeshwar Gayakwad is not the best of batters. But consider the previous delivery: a gentle catch to mid-off from the bat of http://www.officialcapitalsauthentic.co … nen_Jersey Poonam Yadav would surely seal it for England but Jenny Gunn, renowned for her reliability, dropped it. How easy to despair and lose concentration after such an error. But Shrubsole remained icily cool – at least on the outside. The next delivery had that deadly quality again; it was on target. The bails lit up and the celebrations could commence. Shrubsole with six for 46 was the player of a breathtaking match. This was one of the great Lord’s finals and there was a buzz around St John’s Wood before a ball was bowled. On the Wellington Road the ticket touts were out in force and they seemed more eager to buy than sell. Not even Rachel Heyhoe Flint, one of the world’s great optimists and the captain of England in the first World Cup final in 1973 – they were two years ahead of the men – would have dared to envisage this. Heyhoe Flint, a wonderful pioneer who died in January, was honoured before the start of a match that already felt like a celebration and a major landmark of the women’s game. Clare Connor, the head of women’s cricket at the England and Wales Cricket Board, joked as she looked out at the stands filling up, that “my work is done”. In fact she never rests. Soon Amos Youth Jersey Eileen Ash (née Whelan) who made her debut for England against Australia at Northampton in 1937, rang the bell in front of the bowler’s bar. At the age of 105 she did so with a vigour that rivalled the efforts of Henry Blofeld during the Test match against South Africa. Apparently she puts her longevity down to a combination of yoga and wine, a regime that Blofeld half understands. Cricket World Cup win seals trailblazing summer of women's sport Read more Goswami was inspirational in the field for India. She is one of the two vastly experienced cornerstones of the Indian side along with the captain, Mithali Raj. Both of them played in India’s previous World Cup final in Pretoria in 2005; both are 34 and playing in their last World Cup. How close they came to that trophy. Goswami could not have bowled better. Raj, who made her debut for India in 1999, was run out by a slick piece of fielding by Nat Sciver. She seemed not to recognise the danger; there was no last-minute acceleration and certainly no dive. Maybe no one fielded with such athleticism when she started playing the game. Even in defeat India’s performances may change how women’s cricket is viewed in their country. World Cup finals involving India tend to do that. In 1983 there was no real enthusiasm for one-day cricket in India, whereupon Kapil Dev’s side, against the odds, defeated the mighty West Indies in the World Cup final at Lord’s. Suddenly Kapil was king and the entire country was enchanted by the one-day game. Likewise in 2007 they were a bit sniffy about this newfangled Twenty20 idea until one September night in Johannesburg, when India defeated http://www.officialblazershop.com/authe … ersey.html Pakistan in the first World Twenty20 final, after which the game would never be the same again. Somehow one senses this World Cup final at Lord’s on Sunday, which prompted a massive TV audience in India, will also have major ramifications. Anyone fancy a women’s Indian Premier League

#48 26-07-2017 03:39:13

yehongkun362330
Membre

all that the Olympic Games has become a byword for corruption and greed, it is challenged by only the football World Cup in terms of global Authentic Jordan Staal Womens Jersey popularity. Inclusion brings exposure to new audiences and opens up cash from national governments and the International Olympic Committee itself. That is why rugby and golf rejoined in Rio last year and the World Squash Federation president was “heartbroken” to learn that squash would not feature in 2020. Cricket has long been unique among major sports in its reticence about joining the Olympic Games: an oddity that speaks of the sport’s conservatism and the historic lack of concern of its largest members for increasing the sport’s global footprint. England Women’s World Cup triumph should transform fortunes of the players Read more While dashed dreams have been a recurrence in recent cricket politics, there is now a distinct sense that the landscape is shifting. In March David Richardson, chief executive of the International Cricket Council, declared that the “time is right” to apply to enter the Games in 2024. Since then the success of the Women’s World Cup has added to belief within the sport that cricket should and will rejoin the Games, which will essentially depend on whether India can follow other major nations and the International Cricket Council in embracing the concept. “Inclusion in the Olympics would be phenomenal for the globalisation of the game – both in terms of participation and fan engagement,” says Clare Connor, England’s head of women’s cricket. Tony Irish, the executive chairman of FICA, the players’ association, describes the Games as “essential to expanding cricket into other countries”. The support is shared by Lars Rensmann, the co-author of Gaming the World. “It would definitely advance cricket’s globalisation,” he believes. Rensmann suggests the rise in rugby suggests there could be “potential” in China too. The most obvious benefit to cricket’s penurious associate nations is in direct http://www.officialauthenticsaintsstore … ersey.html cash, given that rugby has received at least £25m through national Olympic committees since rejoining, Yet at least as important is something less tangible: cricket’s visibility and relevance, and governments in emerging nations extending a more welcoming stance to a sport that would be more able to position itself as genuinely global rather than merely colonial. Brian Mantle, the general manager of the German Cricket Federation, tells a revealing story of a conversation held with a German public charity last year, who had noted the vast numbers of Afghan refugees playing cricket. “We were getting close to investment only to fall down when they realised cricket was not in the Olympics.” Olympic inclusion would not lead to cricket suddenly becoming the second most popular sport in the world, let alone making good on the ICC’s ambitions to become the “world’s favourite sport”. Baseball was an Olympic sport from 1992-2008 (and will return in 2020) but its inclusion did not turbo-charge globalisation, highlighting the dangers of under-strength teams. This experience informs the IOC’s determination that a cricket event in the Games must feature full-strength teams. Do not question England’s fight or desire before third Test, says Ben Stokes Read more Cricket is already too late to make the initial sports programme for the 2024 Games. But after the IOC announces the hosts of the 2024 and 2028 Games in Lima in September the organising committee of the 2024 hosts – most probably Paris – will have the chance to propose additional Julius Nattinen Womens Jersey events for that edition of the Games. They will be able to do so until the executive board meeting following the Tokyo Games in 2020, although cricket applying later would give off the impression of a lack of enthusiasm and, as such, reduce the sport’s chances of acceptance. Were cricket included, space would need to be found for regional qualifiers. Logistics during the event – like the stadiums to use and the size of the grounds – could still be a challenge. Both Los Angeles and Paris have cricket stadiums, although they would need significant upgrading to host an Olympic event. Alternatively, as baseball is returning to the Games from 2020, it might be possible to share some of its grounds with cricket, even if these might have unusual boundary sizes. Advertisement “We continue to be open-minded about cricket becoming an Olympic sport and welcome further discussions on this issue between the IOC and the ICC,” said an ECB spokesperson. “A final decision on this is some way off and will not be guaranteed or simple to deliver. But we do have a duty to explore what is good for cricket.” It has not always seemed thus. “I have every right to put my board’s interests first,” Giles Clarke, former ECB chairman, haughtily told the Death of A Gentleman film when asked why England long opposed the Games. Now England have changed their approach – abandoning the absurd pretence that the Olympics would necessitate cancelling an entire four-Test series, costing $160m – if India do the same, all 104 members of the ICC will be united. This remains far from certain given that India’s cricket politics makes British politics look a model http://www.nflbengalsofficialshop.com/N … ersey.html of equanimity, but never have prospects looked so good. In a Darwinian sporting age, whether cricket does make good on its plans to embrace the Games once and for all looms as emblematic of its true commitment – or not – to globalising the sport

#49 26-07-2017 04:02:39

yehongkun362330
Membre

ustralian cricket’s long-running pay dispute continues to drag on but there are glimmers of hope a resolution may be near, with a Cricket Australia spokesperson telling Guardian Australia an agreement with the Australian Cricketers’ Association is “closer than it appears”. The governing body was bullish about the chances of August’s tour of Bangladesh going ahead and there was even greater confidence in this summer’s men’s and women’s Ashes taking place. By comparison, the ACA’s tone was much more cautious. Greg Combet accuses Cricket Australia chairman of flouting players' trust Read more The previous five-year memorandum of understanding expired on 30 June, since when professional cricket has existed in limbo with the majority Kevin Bieksa Womens Jersey of players effectively unemployed. Negotiations for the new deal began in December last year but ill will surfaced quickly and discussions were soon shelved. In March this year this year CA submitted the first draft of a revised MoU, documenting the controversial removal of the fixed-revenue payment model, a suggestion rejected out of hand by the players. “We see the retention of the revenue share model as being fundamental from our perspective,” ACA president Greg Dyer asserted in June. 广告 ESPN Cricinfo reported that obstacle may finally have been overcome with a compromise based around an increased redistribution of funds to grassroots cricket. This was signposted over the weekend by the ACA as part of a $30m “peace plan”, itself a symbol of a something inching towards an accommodating tone in what has been a bitter debate. Nevertheless, talks continue towards the drafting of a non-binding heads of agreement. This general document establishes the core tenets of the MoU which will then be worked through in detail over time. It is here the presence or absence of the principle of revenue sharing is causing so much angst with ACA insistent on its inclusion and CA refusing to budge. It seems almost as though both parties agree on the outcome, just not the semantics underpinning it. Completion of this preliminary stage of the process is enough to enable cricket to take place, the only question is whether it can be achieved before the 18 August departure date for the Bangladesh tour and the summer’s men’s and women’s Ashes. Australia A’s trip to South Africa has already been cancelled and players have voted not to set off for http://www.nflbengalsofficialshop.com/N … ersey.html Bangladesh unless an agreement is in place. Advertisement On Saturday a leaked email from ACA chief executive Alistair Nicholson laid out the lengthy and potentially destabilising contract writing process. The previous 700-page tome took 18 months before all the Is were dotted and Ts crossed. “If there is agreement, the next step would be the more intensive MoU and contract drafting period. Given past experience and the massive detail involved, this would take some time and still may not be completed with time enough to meet the needs of fans, sponsors and broadcasters invested in the upcoming tours and the summer of cricket.” Despite Tuesday’s cause for cautious optimism, as anybody who has followed this saga closely will realise, until Nicholson and his CA counterpart James Sutherland are side-by-side at a press conference, there is no guarantee of a resumption of play. So thorough has the reporting on this issue been and so unencumbered the flow of sensitive information into the public domain, decisive judgements one way or the other have become commonplace. Moreover, the public relations aspect of any announcement may yet prove an awkward handicap. As cricket’s dirty laundry has been aired so publicly for so long both sides will be keen to save as much face as possible. The format of the negotiations has provided its own subplot. Executive general manager Kevin Roberts conducted business on behalf of CA for the majority of the standoff, CEO Sutherland reluctantly stepping in only after it became impossible for him to stay away. As Dyer said, “I don’t personally understand why the most senior person in the organisation shouldn’t be involved in setting those parameters on behalf http://www.officialauthenticsaintsstore … ersey.html of their organisation. I don’t understand why he wouldn’t be involved.” The pace of negotiations appears to have quickened since Sutherland finally engaged, with Nicholson welcoming the intervention in an update to players. The Recap: sign up for the best of the Guardian's sport coverage Read more Commercial partners are sure to be uneasy at the continued impasse but CA made clear they retain the full confidence of sponsors. The federal government is also keeping an eye on the situation, fearful of the damage to soft diplomacy a cancelled trip to Bangladesh might cause, not to mention the outcry should an Ashes tour not go ahead. So far their role has not extended beyond sports minister Greg Hunt contacting both parties and encouraging them to resolve the dispute. Despite the absence of an active MoU, the ability of Australian players to earn money playing cricket remains at the behest of CA on a case-by-case basis. The professional game operates on the principle of governing bodies issuing No Objection Certificates to players wishing to compete in competitions outside their home country. Six women have received NOCs to participate in the forthcoming Kia Super League in England. Should any players compete in an unsanctioned event they risk a six-month suspension. Tickets go on sale next week for what is likely to be the final Ashes Test to be staged at the Waca Ground in Perth. This sale was delayed long after the release of tickets for other matches after uncertainty over the Justin Faulk Womens Jersey choice of venue with Perth’s new Burswood stadium originally favoured but unable to guarantee its readiness for use in December. How fast they fly off the shelves will offer a litmus test as to the public’s optimism in a resolution eventuating

#50 26-07-2017 04:39:02

yehongkun362330
Membre

Test cricketers reassembled for training at The Kia Oval on Tuesday after a week spent stewing on the defeat at Trent Bridge, with two fresh faces in the squad and their firebrand vice-captain, Ben Stokes, of all people urging a more sensible approach. Tom Jay McClement Authentic Jersey Westley, the Essex No3, has already been assured of making his debut in place of the injured Gary Ballance when the Investec series with South Africa resumes on Thursday, while the similarly uncapped Dawid Malan of Middlesex was also pressing his claims in the nets in the hope that England bolster their batting at the expense of a bowler. 广告 Conditions will dictate this – a green pitch uncovered in the morning was soon shaved back by the Surrey ground staff – but whichever way they go, Joe Root’s side have a considerable point to prove after seeing the 340-run defeat at Trent Bridge, one that squandered the 1-0 lead they secured at Lord’s, met by some stinging criticism. The Recap: sign up for the best of the Guardian's sport coverage Read more Leading this was Root’s mentor and the former England captain, Michael Vaughan, who questioned whether their approach to batting in Test cricket was suffering from a lack respect for the longer format, attributing it to an attacking mentality transferred over from white ball cricket. Whether this diagnosis entirely met the symptoms is up for debate, not least given five of England’s top seven were out to poorly executed defensive shots during the first innings 205 all out that ultimately cost them in Nottingham, rather than the 133 they managed second time around chasing a fanciful 474 to win. But Stokes, among the shot-makers in what is a naturally attacking middle order that sits beneath a fragile top three, has conceded that individuals do need to remember the meaning of aggression – the mentality preached by their head coach Trevor Bayliss. “Aggression doesn’t always mean scoring at a strike rate of 80 or anything like that,” said Stokes. “It is about how you do things. Being aggressive can even be leaving a ball, a decisive defensive shot and being Derek Stepan Youth Jerseycommitted to all the movements in the shot your decide to play. “It’s backing yourself whether you are going to be aggressive or rein yourself in, not taking a negative approach but a more sensible oneThe challenge presented by South Africa this week at The Oval, which hosts its 100th Test, will only ratchet up further with the return of Kagiso Rabada, who has now served the one-match ban that was triggered by telling Stokes to “fuck off” during the first Test at Lord’s and will slot back into the attack at the expense of the profligate Duanne Olivier. Advertisement Stokes, who has two points on his own disciplinary record following incidents during the winter and must also be mindful of a possible ban, said there is no “bad blood” between the pair, with the incident simply the result of two passionate cricketers going hammer and tongs. He said: “We are similar. There is no beef it’s just that there are two personalities like ours and sometimes it will start something. But Authentic Gerald Green Youth Jersey it is good to be in a battle and I think spectators want to see that. I would be very surprised if he calms anything down - that is what makes him the bowler he is. It is part of his repertoire, being quick and aggressive.” How England’s bowling attack shapes up this week remains to be seen, with Mark Wood straining in practice to prove he should be retained ahead of the uncapped Toby Roland-Jones despite a disappointing second Test in which he went wicketless and struggled to consistently hit the 90mph mark that sets him out as a point of difference. Stokes understandably backed his Durham team-mate, describing him as an “important weapon” when fully firing and pointing to an improved final spell at Trent Bridge. Paul Farbrace, England’s assistant coach, admitted the 27-year-old effectiveness hinges on his fitness, with a tacit admission that the sore heel he took into the match was an error. Farbrace said: “We want him bowling flat out. Wood at 80 mph maybe doesn’t have the skills that other bowlers would. But at late 80s to 90mph he can be a game-changer. We want him around for a long time - not just for the next few games but for the next seven years. “So we have http://www.officialmagicstoreonline.com … s_Jerseyto manage him carefully. And if he does have an injury that restricts his speed, we have a decision to make about whether he plays or not

Pied de page des forums