Forum des BeeRiders

Vous n'êtes pas identifié.

#226 29-08-2017 05:30:28

yehongkun362330
Membre

Re: Adidas Yeezy-StockX: il mercato azionario delle cose

Johanna Konta, Britain’s best hope of success at the US Open after the shock withdrawal of Andy Murray, crashed out Devin Funchess Youth Jersey on day one to Aleksandra Krunic, a diminutive Russian-born Serb who admits she has a weak serve and questionable work ethic. Krunic, who had not beaten a top-10 player since making the fourth round here three years ago, nevertheless had enough in her armoury of slices and deftly placed returns to make the most of Konta’s poor serving – fewer than half of the British player’s 99 first serves went in – and is through to the second round after winning 4-6, 6-3, 6-4 in two hours and 17 minutes on a mild day on the Grandstand court. “She’s an awesome player,” Krunic said courtside of the world No7. “We can all play forehands and backhands, but I had to get my act together. I’m not the best server on Tour. I almost serve under the net. And I’m not the hardest worker. I was brave enough to make some winners.” The Recap: sign up for the best of the Guardian's sport coverage Read more Konta, who also lost in the first round of the French Open this year, struggled to disguise her disappointment but insisted it was important not to “catastrophise” the defeat. The seventh seed will return to London as soon as possible to spend time with her parents but still harbours ambitions of making the end-of-year WTA Finals in Singapore. Konta paid tribute to her opponent, ranked 71 places below her in the rankings, but the conqueror of Petra Kvitova in her golden run here in 2013. “I don’t take anything for granted. I think it would be quite obnoxious of me to come in here expecting I have a right to be in second week. “She played consistently much better than I did. She was able to raise her level throughout the match and mine fluctuated a bit up and down. In terms of effort and fight I competed until the very last point. I didn’t think of the French Open while I was playing. I was very much involved in the match that I was playing. “First rounds in every tournament, and especially at slams, can be tricky, can be difficult for everyone – for me http://www.footballpanthershop.com/Ed_D … rsey_Cheap personally – finding your footing and playing yourself into the tournamentLife for Johanna Konta before the US Open, which begins on Monday, is as serene and full of hope as Andy Murray’s is of lingering pain and uncertainty, although Friday’s draw was kind to both of Britain’s best players. Maria Sharapova to face No2 seed Simona Halep in US Open first round Read more Konta and Murray enter the final major of the season in contrasting moods and circumstances that may yet play out to a script that has been written in pencil rather than indelible ink since Wimbledon. 广告 Murray, beaten by Sam Querrey in the quarter-finals at his home tournament, has not played since, nursing a hip injury that, at worst, could signal the early signs of arthritis (he was still limping slightly in practice this week), while Konta, denied an historic appearance in the final at the All England Club by an inspired Venus Williams, has regrouped to her satisfaction Gary Zimmerman Jersey – if not that of Chris Evert, who has described her preparation for Flushing Meadows as “disappointing”. Murray can relax a little with the prospect of an undemanding first fixture in an easy section of the men’s draw against Tennys Sandgren – a young American of Swedish descent – and Konta, too, starts her campaign with reduced pressure, against the 24-year-old Russian Aleksandra Krunic, ranked 77 in the world. The seventh seed, relaxed and in rude health despite unsubstantiated rumours she came away from Wimbledon carrying an injury, looked surprised when Evert’s remarks were relayed to her over breakfast at one of Manhattan’s finest hotels on Friday morning. Konta has played more matches this year than last, going deeper in the big events, although she has played only four matches between the third and fourth majors of the schedule, as opposed to 14 in 2016. “I think I did pretty well in Australia,” Konta said. “I like to think I did pretty well at Wimbledon and that I will do well at some point at the French Open. I feel like I’m improving in every slam that I’m playing – maybe not results-wise but I do think each year I am getting better. I think I made the most of my build-up here. My first match after Wimbledon [in Toronto] I played against [Ekaterina] Makarova, whom I have played a lot of good matches with. Advertisement “People forget that she has made the fourth round or better at every slam and she just came off the back of winning Washington. In three weeks I hadn’t played a match, so I knew it wasn’t going to be easy. I felt quite happy Dennis Byrd Jersey with how I played. “In the three matches I played in Cincinnati [losing to Simona Halep in the semi-finals] I got better with each match. I could have won both events but it didn’t happen. But it doesn’t mean that I feel bad about it. I feel pretty good with where I’m at right now.” Konta’s rivalry with Halep, who fell to pieces in the Cincinnati final against the Wimbledon champion Garbi?e Muguruza – and has drawn Maria Sharapova in the first round here – is developing into something special. They could meet in the quarter-finals

#227 30-08-2017 03:12:06

yehongkun362330
Membre

It is almost a decade since Sir Michael Stoute won the last of his 10 trainers’ titles and seven years since his last success in a British Classic, but when it comes to coaxing the best from a late-maturing horse, Stoute is still the best in the Dmitry Orlov Womens Jersey business. Ulysses, a four-year-old who finished 23 lengths behind the winner in last year’s Derby, glided over rain-softened ground to win the Group One International Stakes here on Wednesday, and when Stoute said afterwards that this was the “best performance” of the colt’s career, he was quick to add “to date”. Churchill and Barney Roy, both Group One-winning three-year-olds, headed the market for the feature race on Wednesday at 5-2 and 11-4 respectively, but Ulysses, a 4-1 chance, swept past the pair of them at the furlong pole on the way to a comfortable two-length defeat of Churchill. Barney Roy, a flared nostril behind Ulysses in the Eclipse Stakes at Sandown last month, raced close to the pace from an early stage and was joined by Churchill, who was racing beyond a mile for the first time, with more than two furlongs to run. They were racing hard from a long way out, which allowed Jim Crowley, on the strong?travelling Ulysses, to pick his moment to pounce, but Stoute’s colt was well worth the two-and-a-quarter lengths he added to his advantage over Barney Roy. This was Stoute’s sixth success in the International Stakes, a record, and he feels Ulysses is a match, at least, for his earlier winners, including Singspiel, Ezzoud and Shardari. “Today’s performance would put him up there, if not in front of them,” the trainer said. “It all just went so smoothly. There was never a blip. I think it was his best performance to date, he’s become a very professional athlete now. Talking Horses: Enable to face five in Thursday's Yorkshire Oaks Read more “I think he is http://www.officialcapitalsauthentic.co … sov_Jersey as good at 12 furlongs [as 10], don’t forget the King George [last month, when he was four-and-a-half lengths second to Enable] was run in a swamp. It wasn’t ideal for him.” Ulysses finished fourth in the Breeders’ Cup Turf at Santa Anita last season and Stoute will now return to California for this year’s Breeders’ Cup meeting, at Del Mar in early November. “I think it’s time to give him a break and work backwards from the Breeders’ Cup Turf,” Stoute said. “The owners [the Niarchos family] are keen to go for that.” Ulysses is top-priced at 3-1 for the Turf, just ahead of Aidan O’Brien’s Highland Reel, who made all the running to win last year’s race, at 7-2. He is also on offer at around 10-1 for the Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe at Chantilly on 1 October, a race that falls just under five weeks before the Breeders’ Cup meeting and could also be a target for Cracksman, winner of the Great Voltigeur Stakes on Wednesday. Advertisement A six-length success in the Voltigeur for a colt with placed form in two Derbys would normally make him a short-priced favourite for next month’s St Leger at Doncaster. Cracksman, though, is not entered for the final Classic and could conceivably have run his last race as a Brandon Roy Jersey three-year-old. Cracksman’s victory here was a significant improvement on his close second behind Capri in the Irish Derby in early July, as he moved easily into the lead for Frankie Dettori and then accelerated clear of his five opponents. With a supplementary entry for the Leger firmly ruled out by John Gosden, his trainer, the son of Frankel now has just two possible engagements to choose from this year: the Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe on 1 October or the Champion Stakes at Ascot, 20 days later. “Whether he runs again, we’ll discuss with the owner [Anthony Oppenheimer],” Gosden said. “Maybe he could go and win a Leger but it wasn’t going to be part of this horse’s programme. His main programme is next year, races like the King George, that sort of thing. He may well run in the autumn, he’s a bigger horse now who can quicken, when he was only a shell of a horse earlier on when he ran in the Derby [at Epsom].” Gosden’s potential hand for the Arc now includes the first two horses in the ante-post betting, as Cracksman is top-priced at 10-1 to win at Chantilly behind his stable companion Enable, the Oaks and King George http://www.officialblazershop.com/authe … ersey.html winner, who is a 5-4 chance ahead of her run as the hot favourite in the Yorkshire Oaks on Thursday

#228 30-08-2017 03:43:20

yehongkun362330
Membre

Racing’s ruling body has refused to engage with detailed allegations that it failed to properly disclose http://www.officialcapitalsauthentic.co … nov_Jersey relevant material to John Wainwright’s defence team during the disciplinary proceedings which the Yorkshire trainer faced recently. Wainwright was cleared of corruption on Thursday, prompting angry exchanges between the British Horseracing Authority and his lawyer, Harry Stewart-Moore, over the way the case had been handled. That anger has yet to dissipate and this week the solicitor spoke of two main areas of concern in which it believed the BHA had failed in its obligations to disclose relevant material to the defence well in advance of the final hearing. In both cases, Stewart-Moore alleges the material was only passed to him once the disciplinary hearing was under way. Talking Horses: Enable to face five in Thursday's Yorkshire Oaks Read more The first instance concerns a meeting of 16 April 2015 between Adam Carter, a jockey who was found guilty of corruption offences when the case concluded last week, and Paul Beeby, the BHA’s head of investigations. The meeting took place immediately before Carter changed his story to implicate Wainwright but, according to Harry Stewart-Moore, it was not mentioned on a BHA list provided to the defence which was supposed to detail all contact between the BHA and CarterSecondly, Stewart-Moore said there was an internal BHA email dating from the summer of 2015 in which a member of BHA staff expressed concern that Carter was being allowed to continue riding, despite by then being a jockey who Authentic C.J. McCollum Womens Jersey claimed to have stopped a horse on the instructions of a trainer. He suggested that Carter had begun to ride recklessly, raising the prospect of his being a danger to himself and others. From 18 April to 27 July that year, Carter was found guilty of careless riding on four occasions by raceday stewards, racking up 11 days of suspensions. He also breached the whip rules four times, accumulating 19 days of suspensions. The BHA offered a flat denial to the suggestion that it had failed in its obligations on disclosure but declined to offer any detailed response to Stewart-Moore’s allegations. A spokesman said: “The disciplinary panel were aware of the points being raised but there was no finding of any procedural impropriety. The suggestions of impropriety around disclosure are without foundation. Advertisement “A fair and open process was followed and the BHA will be publishing further details around our revised disclosure policy in due course”. Churchill Ryan Fitzpatrick Authentic Jersey will be fit for what looks a serious test in today’s Juddmonte International at York, his trainer, Aidan O’Brien, has said. The horse has not been seen for two months, since he was a disappointing fourth at Royal Ascot. “Obviously, we would have preferred if we had a run, but that’s the way it is,” O’Brien said. The colt had been due to line up for Goodwood’s Sussex Stakes on 2 August but was withdrawn because of soft going. “He seems to have been well since,” the trainer added. “He hasn’t done an awful lot because it’s not long ago and he was fit going to Goodwood. Obviously, we would have preferred if we had a run, but that’s the way it isThe Olympic 5,000m runner David Torrence has been found dead in a swimming pool in Scottsdale, Arizona. He was 31. Torrence was from California and had come to Scottsdale to train a few weeks ago. Police said they were not treating the death as suspicious. “Firefighters removed the male subject from the pool and he was pronounced deceased,” said Sergeant Ben Hoster of the Scottsdale police department. “Detectives learned that there were no obvious signs of foul play.” Torrence began his career competing for the US, and held the national record for the indoor 1,000m, which he set in 2014 and still stands. He also had a successful college career and first broke the four-minute mile http://www.authenticchicagoblackhawks.c … nder=Youth barrier in 2008. In 2016, he switched allegiance to his mother’s home nation of Peru and reached the Olympic final, where he finished 15th

#229 30-08-2017 03:57:22

yehongkun362330
Membre

Frankie Dettori’s shoulder injury was partly the cause of a disappointing effort by http://www.officialhurricanesproshop.co … Aho_Jersey Shutter Speed in the French Oaks, her trainer said on Monday. John Gosden’s charge appears to have a lot to do as a 10-1 shot in a hot-looking lineup for the Juddmonte International at York on Wednesday but the trainer is clear that her most recent bit of form understates her ability. “Things didn’t go quite to plan in the Prix de Diane,” Gosden said on Monday at his Newmarket base. “It was a very hot day and she didn’t travel that great. And the inRead invented by Teads Instead Shutter Speed lost two places close home in the June race at Chantilly, having hung across the track to the far rail in the final 100 yards. Gosden does not suggest she could have beaten the winner, Senga, with a stronger ride but clearly feels she might have resisted the late challenges of Sistercharlie and Terrakova. Dettori had broken his shoulder in two places in a paddock fall at Yarmouth five days earlier, though the break was still undiagnosed at the time of the Diane. Two days later the Italian ruled himself out of Royal Ascot and was on the sidelines until mid-July. As it turned out, Shutter Speed was the only ride he took in the week after his injury. While Dettori was not able to give of his best in the Diane and was still not able to ride every day on his return to action, he appears to have hit something like top form since. In the past three weeks he has won the Stewards’ Cup, the Prix Jacques Le Marois and won three times from five rides at Newbury on Friday, the most recent day he was in action in Britain. He and Shutter Speed were supposed to race at Deauville Authentic Jimmy Vesey Womens Jersey on Sunday but “sticky” ground at the Normandy track forced connections to switch her to Wednesday’s race. “She’s fine,” Gosden said. “I’m very conscious she’s the only filly in there but we’re happy with her at home. She’s got a lot of speed.” Gosden has a more obvious chance of York success with his only other runner on Wednesday’s card, Cracksman in the Great Voltigeur. Having been placed in the Derby and the Irish Derby on his last two starts, the colt was cut to even-money for this race from 11-8 after Aidan O’Brien’s Capri, who beat him at The Curragh, was missing from the final entries. Advertisement “We had to come around five of Aidan’s that day, so we were very wide into the straight,” Gosden said. “Obviously the best horse in the race was Wings Of Eagles, who got a nasty injury. We didn’t get the rub of the green but we didn’t suffer what he suffered, so I’m philosophical about the race. Anyway, he’s done well since, we’ve freshened him up. There are other grand colts in there. The race has an open feel to it.” Gosden is keenly aware that, with three O’Brien-trained runners in the field of eight, the Irish raiders may try to control the race in some way. “You never quite R.J. Hunter Jersey know what’s going to happen. You’ve got to have your wits about you.” Venice Beach appears to be O’Brien’s main contender for the Voltigeur, since he is the mount of Ryan Moore. The pair will be reunited for the first time since winning the Chester Vase in May. O’Brien also fields Spanish Steps and Douglas Macarthur. Churchill and Cliffs Of Moher will represent the Irish stable in the International, with Moore aboard Churchill. Godolphin’s Barney Roy is the 11-4 favourite, just ahead of Churchill and Ulysses. The Irish Turf Club expects to make a decision this week about whether the jump jockey Davy Russell will face a formal disciplinary hearing over an incident at Tramore on Friday when he appeared to hit his mount before a race. Turf Club officials will review footage and speak to Russell in the next few days. Russell appeared unrepentant in his column in the Irish Daily Star. “I’m not sure everyone on social media quite understands how a thoroughbred racehorse handles at race-time, but I am happy to speak to the Turf Club about this,” he said. “Unfortunately, the Turf Club are looking at what happened at Tramore, so I cannot really go into the specifics. The situation with Kings Dolly was an ordinary enough situation and I didn’t do anything out of the ordinary. I ride every horse to win, no matter what, and would http://www.officialmagicstoreonline.com … ton_Jersey never do anything to hamper its chances

#230 30-08-2017 04:22:59

yehongkun362330
Membre

Josephine Gordon, the reigning champion apprentice, has said she will not follow Hayley Turner’s example and seek to take advantage of the weight allowance offered to female jockeys by French racing. While Turner said on Saturday that it is “a no-brainer” for her to exploit the 2kg advantage by riding in France this winter, Gordon is planning to spend the off-season in Britain, with perhaps an occasional foray to the Middle East, and has no plans to use the profile she has gained in the past year to break into France. “If Hugo Palmer or another trainer was sending a horse over to France and wanted me to ride it, of course I’d do that,” Gordon said. “If I find myself riding there, then of course I’d embrace it [the allowance]. Hayley Turner to race in France due to female jockeys’ weight allowance Read more “But I’ve never gone away for the winter. I think that’s the time when you can build up your connections in this country, riding on the all-weather. I did go out to Dubai for a weekend last winter and I may possibly go out there again.” Indeed, it would be no surprise if Gordon were a frequent participant in the Dubai Carnival in the early months of next year, having become a regular in the blue silks of Godolphin this year. Having http://www.officialcardinalsbaseball.co … ersey.html described the French allowance as “a bit offensive” six months ago when it was first announced, Gordon says her feelings on the subject have not changed, although she acknowledges statistics from France-Galop that show female jockeys have had more rides and more winners as a result. But she rejects the idea that any similar scheme would be appropriate in Britain. “I think it’s a lot different here. If you were looking at the situation here 10 years ago, then maybe it would be something to consider. But there are a lot more female jockeys around now compared to when the likes of Hayley were starting.” It is a sign of where Gordon is in her career that she has had to give up her place in Saturday’s novelty Shergar Cup event because Palmer has Group-race entrants at Haydock and Newmarket and will need her at one of those venues. Any young jockey would seize on the chance to ride in a Group race, although Gordon must have had mixed feelings on the subject, having told this reporter two hours before news of her switch that she had been looking forward to the Shergar Cup for three months. Advertisement Turner immediately stepped in to take the vacant slot in the Ascot jockeys competition. She will combine riding in five races with being a part of the ITV presenting team. Meanwhile, the British Horseracing Authority is to give its first formal consideration to the question of a weight allowance for female jockeys as a result of a “Diversity in racing steering group” that is now being recruited. “We continue to monitor the developments in France with Trevor Rosenthal Jersey interest,” a BHA spokesman said. “When the group is established, one item on their agenda will be to conduct a benchmarking exercise to see what steps international horse racing authorities have taken to encourage diversity, including in relation to the career progression of female jockeys.” The BHA also announced some changes to novice chases in time for the core jumps season that will start this autumn. Most notably, the handicapper will not now be allowed to raise the rating of beaten horses in all but the best novice chases. “A preconception exists among trainers that running in close proximity to a higher-rated opponent in novice chases may result in a significant rise in a horse’s handicap rating,” a spokesman said. “To encourage more horses to run in weight-for-age novice chases, trainers’ preconceptions of the handicappers’ reaction needs to be addressed.” Nicky Henderson, the champion jumps trainer, welcomed the changes as “really excellent” and said they would “help the good horses to come through the system. The very good horses have always been well catered for but it’s the ‘good without being really top-class’ horses that will now be so much better catered forCoronation Day, a one-and-a-half length winner at Brighton earlier in the month, seems sure to start favourite here from a 7lb higher mark and could well find the necessary improvement as her last outing was also her first at a sprint http://www.panthersfootballprostore.com … -c-14.html trip since her two-year-old days. Davy Russell punching his horse was a serious blow to racing’s image Read more Brighton also shares some characteristics with Epsom, but it is not quite the same thing and Coronation Day faces two horses with strong form at today’s track. Highland Acclaim and Huntsmans Close were separated by a short-head over course and distance in July and while Highland Acclaim came out on top and the two horses now meet on identical terms, Highland Acclaim has run below form on two subsequent starts. Huntsmans Close, by contast, ran up to form at Yarmouth on 1 August and returns to a track where he has run well on all four of his previous starts. Cordite (4.20) has run 34 times without success since taking a Leicester maiden as a juvenile in 2013, but has been impressively consistent through his career and ran one of his best races when fourth at Windsor last time out. He is edging towards a winning mark and is in a weak race by Epsom standards this afternoon, while Flyboy (3.45) and Av A Word (4.50) also have plenty to recommend them on the same card. Euro Mac (6.45) got off the mark in her 15th race last time out, finding some improvement in the process, and she could Shaq Thompson Womens Jersey follow up on the card at Carlisle this evening, while Veejay (3.25) and Theglasgowwarrior (5.30) both look solid on the card at Ripon this afternoon

#231 30-08-2017 05:27:57

yehongkun362330
Membre

The trainer who embarrassed racing by saddling the wrong horse to victory at Yarmouth a fortnight ago has said he will use the proceeds of a bet on the “winner” to help pay his fine. Charlie McBride was fined £1,500 at a disciplinary panel hearing on Thursday, having told the panel he had had a “fun bet” of £10 each-way at 50-1. “I’m still £1,000 out of http://www.authenticfloridapanthers.com … eau-jersey pocket,” McBride said, cheerfully. “I’ve no complaints. I expected it to be something like that anyway, because of all the outcry in the press and everything. But it was an honest mistake and it could happen to anybody.” Extra scanning at British racecourses to avoid another wrong horse fiasco Read more The panel chairman, Patrick Milmo QC, pointed out during his summing up that £2,000 was the ceiling on the level of fines for such an offence set out in the guidelines of the British Horseracing Authority. He said McBride was guilty of a “high level of carelessness” but the panel had found him to be truthful in asserting he had saddled the wrong horse entirely by mistake, running a three-year-old, Millie’s Kiss, in a race in which his two-year-old Mandarin Princess was supposed to be taking part. “It has to be said we had some difficulty in accepting what Mr McBride told us,” Milmo said. This was because of evidence produced by the BHA showing the significant difference in appearance between the two fillies. While Millie’s Kiss has no white markings, Mandarin Princess has a white star on her forehead, a white snip on her nose and significant white markings on two legs. “There was plenty of opportunity for Mr McBride to notice these distinctions,” Milmo said. The BHA view, presented to the panel by Lauren Robinson, was that “anyone would be able to tell them apart Adidas Jussi Jokinen Jersey by sight”. McBride attempted to reassure the panel by saying: “If you stood the two of them in front of me, I could absolutely tell the difference. But on the day, with all that pressure going on, I missed it.” In attempting to explain this, he appeared to seek to share responsibility for what happened with a young member of his staff, a groom who led out Millie’s Kiss to be saddled by the trainer instead of Mandarin Princess, as well as the jockey John Egan. Egan, who had to sweat off some weight in the sauna, kept McBride waiting for 20 minutes before weighing out and handing him the saddle, leaving the trainer little time before his horse was required to enter the parade ring. “It didn’t occur to me that she could lead out the wrong horse,” McBride said of the groom’s actions. “I’ve been in racing 50-odd years and I have never seen Customized Jersey anybody lead out the wrong horse before. My brain could not take it all in. Wrong horse wins race: investigation into Yarmouth impostor controversy Read more “We’ve tried not to get her too much involved because she’s only a young girl and we don’t want to be too hard on her. At the end of the day, the buck stops with me. She’s made a mistake, I’m sure she won’t make the same mistake again and neither will I.” McBride also complained that the time between races is too short and about the fact Egan was using an elasticated girth, “which I hate”, to save weight. “That put me further in a bad mood,” he said. He said he and the horse’s owners had been “on Cloud 29, not Cloud 9” after she won. But his celebratory orange juice was cut short by a call from the stipendiary steward, who told him simply: “Wrong horse.” “Mandarin Princess” has been disqualified from her victory but the news comes too late for many backers of Fyre Cay, sent off at odds-on and now elevated to first place. The error was spotted too late for the result to be http://www.officialcalgaryflames.com/Hoodie amended on the day, although some bookmakers have made ex gratia payments to their clients

#232 30-08-2017 10:06:39

yehongkun362330
Membre

A furious row has broken out between racing’s ruling body and a firm of solicitors whose client, the Yorkshire trainer http://www.greenbaypackersauthorizedsto … rsey-elite John Wainwright, was cleared of corruption by a disciplinary panel on Thursday. The British Horseracing Authority was forced to deny an accusation that it had a “win at all costs” attitude to disciplinary cases, following the end of a case in which the evidence of the former jockey Adam Carter proved to be unreliable. Carter was found guilty of a stopping ride on Blazeofenchantment at Southwell in June 2014, described by the independent disciplinary panel as “about as blatant an example of a non-trier as one could get”. His friend Paul Bradley, a stable lad, admitted Carter had told him of his intention to stop the horse and that he then passed that information on to a gambler, Peter Bennett. Bennett denied corruption charges but was found by the panel to have layed the horse through a betting exchange, risking £1,999 to win £2,000 when the horse finished unplaced. Carter, Bradley and Bennett were found guilty of engaging in a corrupt or fraudulent practice, their punishments to be determined after additional procedure. Adam Carter tells horse ‘stopping’ inquiry his ride was due to ‘brain fade’ Read more But Wainwright, who trained and owned Blazeofenchantment, and a gambler called John Wright were cleared by the panel. It found that Carter, who implicated Richard Rodgers Womens Jersey them at an early stage before changing his story, had been unreliable “in every version of events he has given”. This prompted a wrathful statement directed at the BHA’s prosecutors from Stewart-Moore solicitors, acting for both Wright and Wainwright. The firm had issued a statement last month, pointing out the inconsistencies in Carter’s evidence and arguing that pursuing charges against their two clients was “a complete waste of everyone’s time”. Harry Stewart-Moore said the BHA case had been based “entirely on the evidence of a jockey who even the BHA believes has been lying from the outset and … has never managed to tell the same story twice. The BHA would do well to remember that as a regulator its job is not to secure a conviction at all costs but rather to ensure that a fair outcome is reached. Advertisement “With that in mind, we were extremely surprised that the BHA did not withdraw the charges against our clients after Mr Carter’s extraordinary oral evidence but instead relied on some frankly very odd arguments in an attempt to fill the void where its case ought to have been.” He added that there had been “serious problems” with the BHA’s approach to disclosure and suggested little had changed after the Quinlan review of BHA procedures last year. Stewart-Moore also conducted the defence of Jim Best, a trainer who was suspended after an acrimonious case last year. The BHA insisted it had been justified in pursuing its charges and pointed to a line in the panel’s reasons recording that it had wanted to hear from Wright and Wainwright. A statement said: “The BHA does not ever set out to seek a conviction at all costs and procedural fairness http://www.sandiegochargersauthorizedst … rsey-elite is at the core of the BHA’s regulatory processes. “The BHA has a duty as a responsible regulator to bring cases before the disciplinary panel where there is sufficient evidence to be considered. We will not shy from this responsibility, especially where there are serious threats to the integrity of the sport. “The BHA strongly refutes the suggestion of impropriety related to disclosure. All relevant disclosable material was provided and the BHA instructed junior counsel with the responsibility of reviewing disclosure throughout these proceedings. The BHA is committed to robust but transparent and consistent procedures. “As a result of the Quinlan review and the BHA’s commitment to implement its recommendations, the BHA has been working on and will soon publish its disclosure policy, underlining its commitment to a progressive approach to regulatory reform.” An earlier BHA statement said it would soon implement “a fast-track investigation protocol which will allow us to deal with minor rule breaches more swiftly and appropriately. This will free up resource for more complex corruption enquiries to ensure they are completed more quickly.” Wainwright said he had endured “a nightmare” few months. “It’s been a trying time, especially once I heard there was going to be an inquiry. It was an investigation that had gone on three years and obviously the jockey has changed his story three or four times. “I was very surprised it went on but I’m glad it’s all over now.” Of Carter, he said: “He’s out of racing now, so it won’t affect him. He wasn’t a bad lad. He was an average jockey but a good work-rider and he rode his winners. Looking at it, they did it for very little money. “The main thing Customized Jersey is to just get on with life. I’ve got a young family and I can focus on the job now

#233 30-08-2017 11:18:39

yehongkun362330
Membre

there was a lighter side to a week in which doping dominated the sports headlines, it came in the discovery of O-desmethyltramadol in a sample taken from a horse called Wotadoll. Sitting in judgment, the British Horseracing Authority’s disciplinary committee accepted the explanation that the metabolite of the opioid tramadol – detected after the three-year-old bay filly finished unplaced at Wolverhampton – could be sourced to the urine of a groom who peed in the horse’s box after taking the medication for pain relief. Boos ring out at Justin Gatlin’s moved 100m medal ceremony Read more The Racing Post called it “an embarrassing leak” but peeing in a horse’s straw is apparently a common practice among Britain’s incontinent stable lads when they are supposed to be mucking out. The horse’s trainer, Dean Ivory, was fined £750. Later he announced his staff will be reminded of the proximity of the toilet block and, just to be on the safe side, encouraged to wear gloves. There was also a four-legged animal involved in the announcement of Alberto Contador’s retirement: the creature from which, according to the multiple winner of cycling’s grand tours, a piece of meat had been taken and carried from Spain by a friend to provide him with a nourishing steak dinner during the 2010 Tour de France. Contador’s explanation of the clenbuterol found by drug testers failed to avert a two-year suspension and an expunged third victory in the world’s biggest bike race. Some admirers of his attacking style wanted to give the Spaniard the benefit of the doubt but his departure will sever another link with the era of Operación Puerto. We ought to be beyond the stage of giggling at claims of cocaine traces picked up by a tennis player through kissing a girl in a Miami nightclub (Richard Gasquet in 2009, who was Adidas Semyon Varlamov Youth Jersey cleared of all charges by the court of arbitration for sport) or too much sex on his wife’s birthday producing an unnaturally elevated level of testosterone in a sprinter (Dennis Mitchell in 1998). It was certainly easier to keep a straight face while reading about the two-month suspension handed this week to Sara Errani, formerly the world’s No5 female tennis player. A test had revealed traces of letrozole, a drug used to treat her mother’s breast cancer and apparently picked up from a kitchen work surface. But neither laughter nor compassion seemed an appropriate response to the soap opera of the men’s 100m final in the world championships last weekend, when the “two-time drugs cheat” Justin Gatlin helped deprive Usain Bolt of a golden farewell to the event in which the Jamaican is a triple Olympic champion. That is because there is no appropriate single response. Gatlin’s case is an awkward one, exposing the layers of moral complexity that can defeat the human urge to make a clean separation between right and wrongGatlin’s first offence, at the age of 19, was for traces of amphetamine, said to have been given to him since childhood as part of a treatment for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. Non-medical people might be surprised to find amphetamine used as a remedy for ADHD but that is apparently the reality of it and the authorities reinstated him halfway through a two-year suspension, while warning that any further offence would trigger a life ban. But by the time he was pinged for testosterone in 2006, while being coached by the notorious Trevor Graham, the rules had changed and he was given an eight-year ban which his lawyers succeeded in getting halved on appeal. So now we have Bolt retiring when clearly past his best at 30 and Gatlin – who is currently coached by none other http://www.authenticcoloradoavalanche.c … nne-jersey than Mitchell – running faster than anyone at 35. An hour or so before Gatlin celebrated his victory by raising an admonitory finger to his lips in response to the London crowd’s boos, Almaz Ayana had surged away from her rivals with a solo attack a mere 4km into the women’s 10,000m final. The Ethiopian ran the next 3km at a speed that would have won all but one of the women’s 3,000m races run throughout the world this year. The last 3km were barely any slower. To anyone not taking that into consideration it was a beautiful sight – like watching Michael Johnson in Atlanta in 1996, for instance. Such unanswerable dominance always takes the breath away until, as with Ayana, one is reminded of what it may mean. Those who had read Martha Kelner’s investigation into drug testing in Ethiopian athletics – or rather the inefficiency of it – in these pages that very morning may have been rather less starry-eyed. They may even have wondered if this was a clear demonstration of the old maxim that, if something looks too good to be true, it almost certainly is. Ayana, of course, has previously declared herself “crystal clear” when answering inevitable questions in post-race press conferences. Only Jesus and training, she said, were responsible for her success. Icarus http://www.authenticsandiegopadres.com/ … ill-Jersey film finds more than Greek tragedy in Russia doping scandal Sean Ingle Sean Ingle Read more And then there is Icarus, the documentary about the Russian government’s involvement in doping made available on Netflix and given a limited cinema release in this of all weeks. Bryan Fogel’s two-hour film starts small, with an experiment to see if he can improve his own performance as a competitive amateur cyclist through following the full Lance Armstrong menu of performance-enhancing drugs. But his encounter with Grigory Rodchenkov, who ran Russia’s anti-doping lab while simultaneously helping the country’s athletes to give it the swerve, leads him down another path, one that exposes the biggest state-run PED programme since the Berlin Wall came down. The film traces a line from Rodchenkov and his colleagues through Vitaly Mutko, then the country’s sports minister and now its deputy prime minister, all the way to Vladimir Putin, who has used sport to help build his image as the embodiment of a newly virile Russia. The all-shootin’, all-fishin’, all-ridin’ Putin flashes his pecs at the world to emphasise that dominance – whether of an Olympic podium or in the annexation of neighbouring territory – is his nation’s natural and rightful characteristic. The fact that Rodchenkov and his fellow whistle-blowers Yuliya and Vitaly Stepanov are in a US witness-protection programme illustrates the scale and gravity of the problem for sport. We are not in Iffley Road now, watching a medical student and his chums achieve immortality. We are in the world of strong-arm geopolitics, where people can be made to fear for their lives. As it Wil Myers Youth Jersey turned out, all the EPO and testosterone in the world could not make Fogel into a great bike racer. In fact they made him worse. In any other film that might have raised a laugh – but not in this film, not in this week, not in this world

#234 31-08-2017 02:58:57

yehongkun362330
Membre

Arsenal will go into transfer deadline day on tenterhooks over Alexis Sánchez, with Manchester City hopeful that an improved bid will persuade the London club to sell their star player. Arsenal have softened their stance slightly over Sánchez in the past 24 hours or so and City feel that they have been given some encouragement in their summer-long pursuit of the striker. But it would still take a huge offer to get the deal over the line and, more significantly, Arsenal would have to bring in a replacement player, which promises to be complicated. Liverpool agree £40m Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain deal and pursue Thomas Lemar Read more They have an interest in Monaco’s left-sided attacker Thomas Lemar, for whom they have made three unsuccessful bids this summer – the most expensive of which was worth €50m. Last Thursday, Arsène Wenger described the deal as being “dead” because Monaco had “closed the door”. If Arsenal could somehow prise it open and land Lemar, the 21-year-old France international who is also wanted by Liverpool, they could then be receptive to City’s overtures for Sánchez – who has one season left on his contract and wants to go to the Etihad Stadium. Monaco have been steadfast in their refusal to do business over Lemar and it could be that Arsenal have to stretch themselves http://www.officialcapitalsauthentic.co … nov_Jersey to something around €80m simply to make them consider the sale. City intend to make a persuasive pitch for Sánchez, having seen an opening offer of £50m rejected on Tuesday. It is likely to take £70m or more to locate Arsenal’s tipping point on Sánchez but, as City have often proved, they have the financial means to break through any impasse. Significantly, after Tuesday’s negotiations, they believe that there is a tipping point. Serge Aurier given Home Office clearance to sign for Tottenham Read more Pep Guardiola worked with Sánchez at Barcelona during the 2011-12 season and he has made it plain to the City hierarchy that he wants a reunion with him. They are keen to oblige. Raheem Sterling, the City forward, was mentioned on Tuesday as a possible makeweight in the deal but that will not happen. Sánchez is in Chile, preparing for his country’s World Cup qualifier against Paraguay on Thursday night. Wenger has agreed to let Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain join Liverpool for £40m while he will try to move out Lucas Pérez and Joel Campbell on deadline day. The latter does not want another loan but he might have to accept such a move. Shkodran Mustafi is set to stay at Arsenal, after talks over a possible move to Internazionale broke down. A move for Jean Micha?l Seri, the €40m-rated Ivory Coast international who saw a proposed move to Barcelona collapse last week, is now not expected to materialise despite Wenger being keen to sign a long-term replacement for Santi CazorlaGareth Southgate has introduced a policy in the England setup where players who Jay Beagle Womens Jersey are not featuring regularly for their club sides should not expect to keep their places when it comes to the national team. Southgate brought his players together at a previous England meet-up and told them that he would not be as understanding as the previous regime when it comes to picking players who are not starting matches for their clubs on a regular basis. That change in direction contributed to Nathaniel Chalobah’s thinking when he joined Watford from Chelsea in the summer and has also been a factor in Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain’s decision to turn down a move to Stamford Bridge in favour of a transfer to Liverpool. Oxlade-Chamberlain believes he has a better chance of a regular starting role in central midfield at Anfield and that it could lead to him playing for England in his preferred position. Southgate is not so wedded to the new policy that it means there will never be occasions when injuries and availability lead him to bending his own rules, one example being Luke Shaw’s call-up for the Germany friendly in March at a time when he was struggling to get a look-in at Manchester United. However, Southgate’s message to the players has been clear, saying they need to be involved regularly in the Premier League if they want to go to the World Cup with England next summer and that he does not intend to include players who are not prominently involved for their clubs. His team could guarantee their participation in Russia if they win their next two games and his squad for the qualifiers in Malta on Friday, followed by Slovakia’s visit to Wembley on Monday, reflects the manager’s thinking. That policy has already had repercussions for Wayne Rooney’s international career and differs greatly from Roy Hodgson’s stance when it became the norm for England to feature players who had been reduced to a fringe role at their clubs. Of Southgate’s initial 28-man party, Chris Smalling of Manchester United is the only player who has not started a Premier League fixture so far this season. Smalling was made available for transfer at Old Trafford during the summer, and though a move never materialised, his club situation will duly influence Southgate’s thinking at a time when Phil Jones has re?established himself in the centre of José Mourinho’s defence. Jones has started all three of United’s league fixtures and http://www.officialblazershop.com/authe … ersey.html is more likely to start against Slovakia, the team second in Group F, in the qualifying fixture that could present England with the opportunity to confirm their place in the World Cup with two games to spare. England need to win both their games while hoping Slovakia do not beat Slovenia on Friday

#235 31-08-2017 03:21:10

yehongkun362330
Membre

Nick Kyrgios has said he has no devotion to tennis and probably never would after completing a “diabolical” grand slam season http://www.officialcapitalsauthentic.co … gle_Jersey with a drama-charged first-round defeat in the US Open. Kyrgios complained of a “dead” shoulder during his 6-3, 1-6, 6-4, 6-1 loss to fellow Australian John Millman before revealing far deeper concerns during an extraordinary post-match media conference. Live US Open, day three: Maria Sharapova battles back to beat Timea Babos – live! Rolling report: Join Bryan Graham now for all of the latest news and scores from day three of the US Open at Flushing Meadows Read more Shattered by his latest flop, he admitted his coach deserved better when asked if he would continue working with Frenchman Sébastien Grosjean beyond the Open. “I don’t know, honestly. I’m not good enough for him,” Kyrgios said. “He’s very dedicated. He’s an unbelievable coach. He probably deserves a player that is probably more dedicated to the game than I am. He deserves a better athlete than me. “I’m not dedicated to the game at all. “He’s helped me a lot, especially with the training, in training sessions, but there are players out there that are more dedicated, that want to get better, that strive to get better every day, [do the] the one-percenters. I’m not that guy.” After winning an unprecedented 20 from 20 matches against lower-ranked or unseeded rivals at grand slams, Kyrgios has since suffered upset losses at five straight Chris Kaman Jersey majors. His troubles have coincided with the surfacing of a hip injury at last year’s US Open when he retired mid-match in the third round before the same issue forced him to abandon his Wimbledon campaign. Kyrgios said his latest shoulder problem, which emerged early in the third set against Millman, came out of the blue. “I have had a diabolical year at these slams. It doesn’t surprise me,” he said. “It’s just the story of my career, really. I will have good weeks; I’ll have bad weeks. It’s just a roller-coaster.” Advertisement The world No17 enjoyed one of his best weeks a fortnight ago when he reached his first Masters 1000 final in Cincinnati. Now he feels exasperated. “In Cincinnati, I was not doing anything different. I was probably less dedicated Steve McLendon Womens Jersey than I was this week,” Kyrgios said. “I was playing basketball at Lifetime Fitness every day for two hours. Like I played an hour of basketball before I played David Ferrer in the semi-final. “I was going to ice cream, like this Graeter’s place getting a milkshake every day. I was less dedicated. “And this week I was dedicated, and my shoulder starts hurting. I don’t know.” Kyrgios’s premature exit follows a first-round loss at Wimbledon and second-round defeats in Paris and Melbourne. “I don’t know. I don’t know. I keep letting people down,” he said. Despite his abject disappointment, Kyrgios said he planned to http://www.authenticchicagoblackhawks.c … nder=Youth press ahead with plans to lead Australia into battle against Belgium in the Davis Cup semi-finals this month in Brussels

#236 31-08-2017 03:49:45

yehongkun362330
Membre

Chris Froome took a commanding lead at the Vuelta on Wednesdayas the four-times Tour de France winner finished second on the 187.5km route from Lorca to Observatorio de Calar Alto, won by Colombia’s Miguel ángel López. Froome’s second-placed finish, 14 seconds behind López, was accompanied by six bonus seconds and time gains over many of his rivals as his overall advantage grew to one minute 19 seconds. Froome is seeking to become only the third person to win the Tour-Vuelta double in the same year and the first since 1978. The Tour of Spain was moved from April to its present post-Tour position in 1995. Froome had held a 36-second lead over Colombia’s Esteban Chaves (Orica-Scott) entering the 11th stage of the race, which finishes in Madrid on 10 September. The mountainous route offered an opportunity for Froome’s rivals to claw back some time but the Briton proved strong once again. Vincenzo Deion Sanders Womens Jersey Nibali (Bahrain-Merida) accelerated on the final ascent but Froome bridged the gap. López surged and Froome, aware the Astana rider is not an overall threat, was content to allow him to push on for the stage win. Nibali, who won La Vuelta in 2010, was then beaten to the line by Froome as the Italian finished third to gain four bonus seconds. Holland’s Wilco Kelderman (Team Sunweb) was fourth, also 14secs behind but without any bonus time. Chaves finished 17th on the stage, 2min 05sec behind López to fall 2:33 behind Froome overall. He dropped to third overall behind Nibali. Ireland’s Nicolas Roche (BMC Racing) had begun the day in third, 36sec behind, but finished 4:17 behind López on the stage to fall to 11th overall, 4:45 adrift, which in effect ends his podium hopes. Advertisement Meanwhile, Team Sky have unveiled a strong six-man squad for the OVO Energy Tour of Britain, led by Geraint Thomas and Michal Kwiatkowski. Thomas and his fellow Welshman Owain Doull were announced in the Team Sky squad last week for the race which begins in Edinburgh on Sunday and finishes in their native Cardiff a week later. Poland’s Kwiatkowski, the 2014 world road race champion, and Belarus’s Vasil Kiryienka, the 2015 world time-trial champion, will also ride for the British team before the Road World Championship in Bergen, Norway towards the end of next month. Italy’s Elia Viviani, the Olympic omnium champion on the track, is the team’s sprinter and Londoner Tao Geoghegan Hart, who is enjoying a strong first year at Team Sky. Thomas won the opening time-trial of the Tour de France on 1 July to take the race leader’s yellow jersey for http://www.footballpanthershop.com/Fozz … rsey_Cheap the first time in his career. It was a welcome response after the 31-year-old had been forced to abandon May’s Giro d’Italia following a crash, but then Thomas had to quit the Tour with a fractured collarbone. Thomas won two Olympic team pursuit gold medals in 2008 and 2012 and Doull was part of the victorious British team in Rio in 2016. Thomas, racing in the Tour of Britain for the first time since 2011, said: “The support from the British fans is always fantastic and it’s going to be great to race at home. We’ve got a strong squad coming and I’m really looking forward to it. “Coming back to Cardiff is going to be special and it’s something the Welsh guys have been talking about since the route was announced. I’m sure the fans will do us proudEnter Shakib. Enticing Warner to pull off the front foot, some variable bounce was enough to trap the opener and halted his stand with Smith at 130. They had their breakthrough, at last, with 107 runs still to play with. Four overs later they had the captain as well, edging when attempting to cut a fraction too close a delivery that bounced a fraction too much. Game on. Advertisement Peter Gary Zimmerman Youth Jersey Handscomb, too smart by half, gifted a catch to slip off third spinner Taijul Islam, who became an awful lot more than that as the day wore on. It was Shakib’s turn again when Wade came and went, the wicketkeeper’s disastrous match complete when missing on the inside edge in a fashion so familiar in Asia. Heading into lunch, Ashton Agar was Taijul’s second, returning a catch, misfiring with his first shot of note. To the interval, hopes rested with Glenn Maxwell who surveyed much of the damage from the other end while looking altogether competent, especially in defence. In a tough moment to watch for fans of the Victorian, he made room for himself by backing away to the legside to the first ball of the fresh session, but his off-stump was clipped when the Shakib’s straighter one didn’t bounce. But that’s no excuse; variable bounce was the norm all day, and it had to be accounted for. Joining Cummins with 66 to get and two wickets left, Nathan Lyon swept and swept until he missed. After his nine wickets, he isn’t where the blame lies. Instead, credit to Mushfiqur Rahim, who brought back 19-year-old wunderkind off-spinner Mehedi Hasan just at the point where Taijul was taking some tap. The 29 runs tallied for that ninth wicket did put Australia vaguely within striking distance. At least that was the case when Cummings went on to take 15 from Mehedi’s next over, including two massive sixes over square leg. Suddenly, it was 20 to get. But Shakib’s timely maiden put the injured Josh Hazlewood at the business end for the start of a new over. Taijul was brought back for it, needing only five balls to hit the No11 plum in front. Game over. But what http://www.jetsofficialsonline.com/Denn … rsey_Cheap a game. For Bangladesh’s part, they have defeated England and Australia in consecutive Tests at Dhaka – the first time for both occurrences. Their home of cricket is quickly becoming a fortress. Squaring an away series with Sri Lanka between times means they are a team that can never be underestimated again. Meanwhile, Australia’s Asian problem persists. Over the last 10 years, they have won two of 23 matches on the subcontinent. For all the progress made in India earlier in the year, this constitutes a significant setback. They have four days turn it around, the second and final Test of the series starting in Chittagong on Monday

#237 31-08-2017 04:15:09

yehongkun362330
Membre

A staggering win for Sussex, a day of rain at Kent and positions of strength for Nottinghamshire and Worcestershire: the race for Division Two’s two promotion Steven Matz Youth Jersey spots is bubbling beautifully, and this was a seismic day of action. Sussex’s was an extraordinary win, against Glamorgan – who picked a green team as their big names rested up for T20 Finals Day. Chris Jordan docked the tail to finish with five for 46 as Glamorgan made 182 at their Colwyn Bay ground. Sussex’s pursuit of 209 got off to the worst possible start as Lukas Carey had Luke Wells caught behind first ball and soon enough they were 10 for two. Stiaan van Zyl and Chris Nash rebuilt, before Andrew Salter dismissed Van Zyl (lbw) and Luke Wright (stumped) with successive deliveries to leave Sussex 100 for four. The Recap: sign up for the best of the Guardian's sport coverage Read more Nash, who made 68, and Ben Brown put on 55 before both fell as Sussex lost four wickets for five runs. Suddenly they were eight down, needing 49 to win. Fortunately Ollie Robinson – playing his first match of the season and having already taken seven wickets – smote 41 from 37 balls to seal a one-wicket win, even finishing the job with a six. Nottinghamshire, the leaders, require six Northamptonshire wickets on the final day at Trent Bridge. When Riki Wessels fell for a blistering 88-ball 116 Notts declared on 344 for nine, setting Northants (who are not totally out of the race themselves) 417 to win. By stumps they were 167 for four, with two of those wickets falling in a single Jake Ball over. Worcestershire will hope to make the most of Ravichandran Ashwin’s presence at New Road as they seek eight Gloucestershire wickets. Ashwin picked up two wickets and Joe Leach one late on day three to leave Gloucestershire on 55 for three and chasing 401. That target had been set up by a century for Daryl Mitchell, his fifth in the Championship this summer. Durham were met with resistance when they enforced the follow-on against Derbyshire, but are well placed for a third win of the season. Without Paul Coughlin (who is interesting http://www.officialmetsproshop.com/Stol … tel_Jersey Hampshire as well as Notts and Warwickshire), missing with a side strain, Durham reduced Derbyshire to 305 for six, still trailing by 11. Luis Reece made his second century of the summer before falling to Keaton Jennings. Advertisement All this made it a very bad time for Kent to lose a day against Leicestershire (could we see a contrivance there?) to the ruinous southern downpour. At The Oval, too, there was no play, while only 13 overs were possible at Chelmsford. Essex extended their lead over Somerset to 153 with Adam Wheater making a half-century, and Nick Browne becoming the fourth wicket to fall. He made 83 before being bowled by Tim Groenewald. The only substantial Division One action came at Old Trafford. Liam Livingstone was finally out for 224 (a career-best that takes his average to 52) as Lancashire declared 304 in front on first innings. By stumps, the cellar dwellers Warwickshire were 29 behind, and six down, thanks to an unbeaten 76 from Tim Ambrose. There were two wickets each for Ryan McLaren and the 20-year-old leg-spinner Matt Parkinson, and Lancashire have a golden opportunity to close the gap (36 points going into this round) on Essex, who visit Old Trafford next weekIt was only going to take one. As an overnight consensus, it was proven spot on. As soon as Bangladesh saw the back of century-maker David Warner and then captain Steve Smith Hisashi Iwakuma Youth Jersey they crashed and bashed through a brittle Australian middle order, recording a famous first Test victory in contests between the sides. The locals responded accordingly, both on and off the field. It was only fitting that a riveting four-day contest had a twist in the final stanza, with power-hitting from Pat Cummins taking the tourists to within 21 runs of triumph themselves, but the hosts held their nerve when it mattered most. Matchwinner Shakib Al Hasan’s five wicket bag – in an unchanged spell on the fourth day – gave him 10 for the match, alongside a vital first-innings 84 with the bat, reinforcing his status as the world’s top ranked all-rounder. Bangladesh beat Australia on day four of first Test – as it happened Over-by-over report: Bangladesh claimed their first Test victory over Australia after the tourists’ batting lineup collapsed on day four Read more It doesn’t take a lot of digging to find examples of similar Asian collapses from the Australian side, as recently as the first innings here, for one. Bangalore in February is another, where six wickets were lost for 12 runs to surrender their most recent fourth-innings chase. Today, the damage was a 41-6 turn at the point Bangladesh looked all-but finished with the runs they were defending disappearing fast. To that point, Warner and Smith had been playing a fourth-innings http://www.officialmarinershop.com/Ichiro_Suzuki_Jersey blinder after coming together at 28-2 in need of 265 in the most sporting conditions against a trio of finger spinners turning it square on command. Along the way, Warner raised his 19th Test century. It was one of his best, considering the pitch and the context of his dismal record in Asia, exacerbated again by an unflattering first innings demise. The 83 strike-rate he collected his 112 runs transferred the pressure back on the hosts, deploying more defensive fields by the over. They were rattled.

#238 31-08-2017 04:54:45

yehongkun362330
Membre

A staggering win for Sussex, a day of rain at Kent and positions of strength for Nottinghamshire and Worcestershire: the race for Division Two’s two promotion spots is bubbling beautifully, and this was a seismic day of action. Sussex’s was an extraordinary win, against Glamorgan – who picked a green team as their big names rested up for T20 Finals Day. Chris Jordan docked the tail to finish with five for 46 as Glamorgan made 182 at their Colwyn Bay ground. Sussex’s pursuit of 209 got off to the worst possible start as Lukas Carey had Luke Wells caught behind first ball and soon enough they were 10 for two. Stiaan van Zyl and Chris Nash rebuilt, before Andrew Salter dismissed Van Zyl (lbw) and Luke Wright (stumped) with successive deliveries to leave Sussex 100 for four. West Indian cricket, declared dead after the rout at Edgbaston 10 days ago, is alive again after the Headingley Test. They beat England by five wickets with 28 balls to spare in a thrilling match that gave a fillip to Test cricket after a string of one-sided matches. They made 322 to win, thanks in large part to a brilliant 118 not out from Shai Hope. It was West Indies’ first Test victory in England since 2000 and Trevor Cahill Jersey it means the series is level, one-all with a third match to come at Lord’s. Whatever happens there it will be a long while before anyone dreams of writing off this West Indian team again. And all that background chatter about cutting Test matches down from five days to four might die down too. The Recap: sign up for the best of the Guardian's sport coverage Read more Joe Root, then, became the fourth England captain to lose a Test after declaring in the third innings. He had made a strikingly bold decision when he set West Indies 322 to win by calling in Chris Woakes and Stuart Broad so that his bowlers could have six overs at the West Indian batsmen on Monday night. “In hindsight it’s easy to say that the declaration might not have been timed right,” Root admitted, “but I thought last night it was the positive thing to do. We’re a side that wants to go out there and win Test matches and we wanted to put ourselves in a position to do that.” He said that he would stick with those same attacking instincts next time he was in a similar position. “It was a fifth-day wicket,” Root said. “Maybe we slightly misread it but I felt we had the opportunity to win.” He also defended his aggressive field placings during much of the final day, when he kept his slips in place as West Indies closed in on the target. “There was a temptation to be more defensive,” the England captain said, but “I felt that the best chance of slowing things down was to take wickets. It would have been easy to go to a seven-two field and try and go at two runs an over but I wanted to take the positive route.” Root felt England’s bigger mistakes were made on the first two days, when they were bowled out for 258 after they won the toss and batted first, then conceded 427. “Being brutally honest, on the first two days we weren’t as http://www.authenticsandiegopadres.com/Wil-Myers-Jersey good as we can be,” the captain said. “We weren’t good enough first up with the bat. Any time you don’t make 300 when you bat first having won the toss you should be disappointed.” The fact the game had been so entertaining was precious little consolation. “I’m sure it was a great Test match for everyone watching but it wasn’t great to be involved with on the losing side.” West Indies were elated but not entirely surprised by what they had achieved. “We had a really good team meeting after Edgbaston and I could see most of the guys understood a lot more about what was required of them,” Jason Holder, the captain, said. Their coach, Stuart Law, challenged them before the series to “make their own history”. And now they have The Recap: sign up for the best of the Guardian's sport coverage Read more Nash, who made 68, and Ben Brown put on 55 before both fell as Sussex lost four wickets for five runs. Suddenly they were eight down, needing 49 to win. Fortunately Ollie Robinson – playing his first match of the season Adidas Pierre Turgeon Youth Jersey and having already taken seven wickets – smote 41 from 37 balls to seal a one-wicket win, even finishing the job with a six. Nottinghamshire, the leaders, require six Northamptonshire wickets on the final day at Trent Bridge. When Riki Wessels fell for a blistering 88-ball 116 Notts declared on 344 for nine, setting Northants (who are not totally out of the race themselves) 417 to win. By stumps they were 167 for four, with two of those wickets falling in a single Jake Ball over. Worcestershire will hope to make the most of Ravichandran Ashwin’s presence at New Road as they seek eight Gloucestershire wickets. Ashwin picked up two wickets and Joe Leach one late on day three to leave Gloucestershire on 55 for three and chasing 401. That target had been set up by a century for Daryl Mitchell, his fifth in the Championship this summer. Durham were met with resistance when they enforced the follow-on against Derbyshire, but are well placed for a third win of the season. Without Paul Coughlin (who is interesting Hampshire as well as Notts and Warwickshire), missing with a side strain, Durham reduced Derbyshire to 305 for six, still trailing by 11. Luis Reece made his second century of the summer before falling to Keaton Jennings. Advertisement All this made http://www.authenticbuffalosabres.com/a … nen-jersey it a very bad time for Kent to lose a day against Leicestershire (could we see a contrivance there?) to the ruinous southern downpour. At The Oval, too, there was no play, while only 13 overs were possible at Chelmsford. Essex extended their lead over Somerset to 153 with Adam Wheater making a half-century, and Nick Browne becoming the fourth wicket to fall. He made 83 before being bowled by Tim Groenewald. The only substantial Division One action came at Old Trafford. Liam Livingstone was finally out for 224 (a career-best that takes his average to 52) as Lancashire declared 304 in front on first innings. By stumps, the cellar dwellers Warwickshire were 29 behind, and six down, thanks to an unbeaten 76 from Tim Ambrose. There were two wickets each for Ryan McLaren and the 20-year-old leg-spinner Matt Parkinson, and Lancashire have a golden opportunity to close the gap (36 points going into this round) on Essex, who visit Old Trafford next week

#239 31-08-2017 05:33:39

yehongkun362330
Membre

Denny Solomona has been reassured by Eddie Jones he remains firmly on England’s radar despite the late-night drinking session that led to the Sale wing and Leicester’s Manu Tuilagi being sent home early from a training camp last month. The England coach has kept in touch with the penitent 23-year-old who insists the incident was a one-off. Solomona, whose dramatic last-gasp try earned England victory on his Test debut in Argentina in June, has even chosen to become a vegan as he seeks to persuade Jones to give him a second chance after his summer indiscretion. “We speak quite often and chat,” said Solomona, who has scored 11 tries in only 15 appearances for Sale after switching codes last season. “He’s a coach but he’s a mentor as well. He’s just said: ‘Knuckle down, train hard and play well’ and that’s what I’m going to do. I’m going to let my rugby do the talking and go from there.” Competition for wing places in the England squad is intensifying, with Elliot Daly, Anthony Watson and Jack Nowell all featuring for the Lions in their drawn Test series against New Zealand, but Solomona plans to make an instant impact in Sale’s opening Premiership game at Wasps on Saturday having scored a hat-trick of tries against the same opponents last February. Manu Tuilagi’s England return in doubt after drunken night Vladimir Tarasenko Authentic Jersey out at camp Read more “That’s what I’m hoping for … to continue the form I had last season,” he said. “Wasps have a lot of class and plenty of English squad players. There’d be nothing better than coming off what’s happened and showing what I can do.” Sale remain fully supportive of Solomona, who stood in front of his club-mates to apologise for the headlines generated by his night out with Tuilagi. “I told them it was a person I put away a long time ago,” said the former Castleford winger. “I told them it was a mistake which has proven costly but I now know what to do. It was definitely out of character, I’m not like that. One slip-up costs you a cap but I can’t dwell on the past. All I can do is get on with it and focus on my team here at Sale.” Steve Diamond also suspects Jones will forgive Solomona as long as the player learns from the experience. “People need a clear directive, particularly young lads,” the Sale director of rugby said. “If it was clear then he’s dropped a bollock; if it wasn’t then he won’t drop the same bollock again. Denny is a massively committed lad. Nobody else is to blame, he’s not been led astray. He’s made an error and he’s paid for it. He apologised to the squad for putting the club’s name, as he thought, in jeopardy. But he hasn’t. It’s one of those things, as Eddie knows. You’ve got to give young lads a bit of rope.” In a bid to catch Jones’s eye Solomona has been working hard in the gym and will start the season 5kg heavier. He wants to make himself even tougher to stop – “in my position you only get three or four opportunities and you need to make them count” – while giving up meat http://www.officialsstlouisblues.com/Ad … zky-Jersey and fish in favour of a vegan diet is already paying dividends. “I feel a lot better for it,” he said. “It’s more for health reasons, it’s not saving animals or anything.” The next England training squad is named on 22 September and Solomona remains confident he can challenge Daly, Watson and Nowell. “They’ve got a lot of experience and played a lot of Test match rugby. That’s what I want to do and what I want to become. It’s going to be healthy competition and that can only be good for EnglandWest Indies’ remarkable series-squaring victory at Headingley has not deterred England from promptly naming the same 13-man squad for the third and final Test, despite the week-long wait until it begins. Tom Westley, who averages 20 in four Tests at No3, has been handed a final chance to stake a claim for an Ashes berth. Toby Roland-Jones and Mason Crane, the two unused players at Headingley, are also retained, although the delicate state of the series after West Indies’ five-wicket victory would appear to make a debut for the 20-year-old leg-spinner less likely, even if England are keen to learn of his readiness for the tour Amos Youth Jersey of Australia. Shai Hope comes of age with historic double act in West Indies win Read more Hampshire’s Crane is one of three England squad members, along with Warwickshire’s Chris Woakes and Stuart Broad of Nottinghamshire, who have been made available to play in Saturday’s T20 Finals Day. One man who will be at Lord’s for the final Test on 7 September but not on the Ashes tour is the England bowling coach, Ottis Gibson, who has been named as Russell Domingo’s successor as the coach of South Africa. “He is an ambitious man and when this opportunity presented itself it was difficult for him to turn it down,” said Andrew Strauss, the England director of cricket. The 48-year-old Gibson, whose appointment by South Africa had been anticipated, rejoined England in 2015 after holding the position from 2007-10 before he left to coach West Indies. “Ottis has played a vital role in our progress over the past few years,” said Trevor Bayliss, the England coach. “His knowledge of the international game and the way he has supported all our bowlers in their development has been immeasurable.” Bangladesh claim historic Test victory as Australia capitulate Read more Gibson, who was praised by Broad after he became England’s second-highest Test wicket-taker, will be a tough act to http://www.officialwinnipegjets.com/Customized follow. Among those in the frame to succeed him are the former England bowlers Richard Johnson (Middlesex’s bowling coach) and Chris Silverwood (the Essex coach) while there is an outside chance of a player-coach role for Jimmy Anderson as he nears 500 Test wickets. Jason Gillespie, who came close to securing Bayliss’s job in 2015 when the coach of Yorkshire, will not be applying

#240 31-08-2017 11:24:53

yehongkun362330
Membre

It was only going to take one. As an overnight consensus, it was proven spot on. As soon as Bangladesh saw the back of century-maker David Warner and then captain Steve Smith they crashed and bashed through Authentic Robert Alford Youth Jersey a brittle Australian middle order, recording a famous first Test victory in contests between the sides. The locals responded accordingly, both on and off the field. It was only fitting that a riveting four-day contest had a twist in the final stanza, with power-hitting from Pat Cummins taking the tourists to within 21 runs of triumph themselves, but the hosts held their nerve when it mattered most. Matchwinner Shakib Al Hasan’s five wicket bag – in an unchanged spell on the fourth day – gave him 10 for the match, alongside a vital first-innings 84 with the bat, reinforcing his status as the world’s top ranked all-rounder. 广告 Bangladesh beat Australia on day four of first Test – as it happened Over-by-over report: Bangladesh claimed their first Test victory over Australia after the tourists’ batting lineup collapsed on day four Read more It doesn’t take a lot of digging to find examples of similar Asian collapses from the Australian side, as recently as the first innings here, for one. Bangalore in February is another, where six wickets were lost for 12 runs to surrender their most recent fourth-innings chase. Today, the damage was a 41-6 turn at the point Bangladesh looked all-but finished with the runs they were defending disappearing fast. To that point, Warner and Smith had been playing a fourth-innings blinder after coming together at 28-2 in need of 265 in the most sporting conditions against a trio of finger spinners turning it square on command. Along the way, Warner raised his 19th Test century. It was one of his best, considering the pitch and the context of his dismal record in Asia, exacerbated again by an unflattering first innings demise. The 83 strike-rate he collected his 112 runs transferred the pressure back on the hosts, deploying more defensive http://www.atlantafalconsauthorizedstor … rsey-elite fields by the over. They were rattled. Enter Shakib. Enticing Warner to pull off the front foot, some variable bounce was enough to trap the opener and halted his stand with Smith at 130. They had their breakthrough, at last, with 107 runs still to play with. Four overs later they had the captain as well, edging when attempting to cut a fraction too close a delivery that bounced a fraction too much. Game on. Advertisement Peter Handscomb, too smart by half, gifted a catch to slip off third spinner Taijul Islam, who became an awful lot more than that as the day wore on. It was Shakib’s turn again when Wade came and went, the wicketkeeper’s disastrous match complete when missing on the inside edge in a fashion so familiar in Asia. Heading into lunch, Ashton Agar was Taijul’s second, returning a catch, misfiring with his first shot of note. To the interval, hopes rested with Glenn Maxwell who surveyed much of the damage from the other end while looking altogether competent, especially in defence. In a tough moment to watch for fans of the Victorian, he made room for himself by backing away to the legside to the first ball of the fresh session, but his off-stump was clipped when the Shakib’s straighter one didn’t http://www.greenbaypackersauthorizedsto … rsey-elite bounce. But that’s no excuse; variable bounce was the norm all day, and it had to be accounted for. Joining Cummins with 66 to get and two wickets left, Nathan Lyon swept and swept until he missed. After his nine wickets, he isn’t where the blame lies. Instead, credit to Mushfiqur Rahim, who brought back 19-year-old wunderkind off-spinner Mehedi Hasan just at the point where Taijul was taking some tap. The 29 runs tallied for that ninth wicket did put Australia vaguely within striking distance. At least that was the case when Cummings went on to take 15 from Mehedi’s next over, including two massive sixes over square leg. Suddenly, it was 20 to get. But Shakib’s timely maiden put the injured Josh Hazlewood at the business end for the start of a new over. Taijul was brought back for it, needing only five balls to hit the No11 plum in front. Game over. But what a game. For Bangladesh’s part, they have defeated England and Australia in consecutive Tests at Dhaka – the first time for both occurrences. Their home of cricket is quickly becoming a fortress. Squaring an away series with Sri Lanka between times means they are a team that can never be underestimated again. Meanwhile, Australia’s Asian problem persists. Over the last 10 years, they have won two of 23 matches on the Richard Rodgers Womens Jersey subcontinent. For all the progress made in India earlier in the year, this constitutes a significant setback. They have four days turn it around, the second and final Test of the series starting in Chittagong on Monday

#241 01-09-2017 02:40:34

yehongkun362330
Membre

DiBella was near the end of an 11-year run as an executive at HBO when a young fighter walked into his office looking to renegotiate his contract with the network. The year was 1999 and Floyd Mayweather was the 22-year-old super featherweight champion of the world. The offer on the table was a four-fight, $5m extension. It was, HBO insisted, one of the best contracts any young fighter in the world had been offered. But for the Olympic bronze medallist who had signed with Bob Arum’s Top Rank Promotions, it was a non-starter. Or, as he put it at the time, “slave wages”. Floyd Mayweather to earn at least $100m from Conor McGregor fight Read more “I’m not any young fighter,” Mayweather told the room. “I’m not like the rest of those guys. I’m going to be the greatest. I’m never going to lose.” 广告 inRead invented by Teads And here we are. Nearly two decades on, Mayweather is widely recognised as the finest boxer of his generation, unbeaten in 49 professional fights and 26 world championship contests with titles in five weight classes. He will surpass $1bn in career earnings whether he wins or loses in Saturday’s 12-round boxing match against Conor McGregor, a two-division UFC champion who is making his professional boxing debut. But as the 40-year-old from Michigan prepares for what appears to be his final ring outing, he remains a figure with a complex legacy that can only be drawn in shades of grey. He overcame a chaotic upbringing filled with John Carlson Authentic Jersey drug abuse and violence to rise to the 1% but in turn has been dogged by allegations, and a conviction, of domestic abuse. As the frontman for his nascent promotional company, he speaks passionately and credibly about advocating on behalf of fighters but when I asked him last week about his thoughts on Charlottesville, he pirouetted from the query with the elusiveness he’s shown for years. Ali on Vietnam this was not: states are neither red nor blue on Floyd’s map, only green. Behold Mayweather at the peak of his promotional heft: now he will earn a nine-figure guarantee fighting a non-title bout against an opponent with no boxing experience on the pro or even senior amateur level. Advertisement DiBella, who opened shop as a promoter in New York after departing HBO in 2000, remembers the young Mayweather as “a star in terms of ability but not in terms of popularity or recognition” – a precocious talent frustrated with the lack of traction he’d made after signing with Arum. As the network and fighter dug in over the contract extension, DiBella suggested they could walk down to Times Square, a one-avenue jaunt from HBO’s midtown Manhattan headquarters, and if people started stopping Mayweather on the street then the network would renegotiate. Mayweather never did sign the extension but the implication was clear: there is a difference between an elite boxer and an attraction. Just being good at what you do is not enough. One can only speculate where that demonstration fits into the origin story of Money Mayweather, the pantomime-villain persona that Floyd launched after http://www.officialcapitalsauthentic.co … ler_Jersey buying himself out from Arum in 2007 for a lump sum of $750,000 and has since leveraged to untold riches. There is something to be admired about Mayweather’s ascent in a business that has traditionally conspired to exploit and defraud fighters for as long as anyone can remember, in the way he has leveraged his success to rewrite the rules for himself. Nearly all other boxers receive a contracted purse, with their promoters pocketing the rest. Not Mayweather, who has worked with an enigmatic adviser named Al Haymon – a Harvard-educated former concert promoter who obsessively keeps to the shadows – to develop a unique financial structure based on the exchange of upfront risk for back-end profit. Of course if it was that easy, everyone would do it. Some, such as Adrien Broner, have tried. But Mayweather did not hack the sport because he was brash or cocksure. It happened because he works harder than anybody else, from his impossibly rigorous training sessions to those famous 4am runs. Unlike so many of his fistic brethren who balloon up and down in weight between fights, Mayweather stays in fighting shape all year round; his is a deceptively monastic lifestyle. So much of Mayweather’s allure hinges on the zero in his loss ledger, that he has never been down or seriously hurt so much as lost a fight as a professional. Not until he turned heel eight years ago did the eight- and nine-figure paydays become the norm. The fact is, more http://www.officialblazershop.com/authe … ersey.html fans will plunk down $99.95 on Saturday night to watch him lose than to watch him winThey are almost certain to come away disappointed. Mayweather spent his boxing career so far ahead of everyone else it was embarrassing. The proverbial “puncher’s chance” that is McGregor’s best hope is never less meaningful then against a slippery technician such as Floyd. Advertisement No, this is yet another first for Mayweather: a valedictory lap for a fighter. Happy endings such as these are as rare as it gets in this cruel trade. As goes the timeworn chestnut: you don’t retire from boxing, boxing retires you. The decline is almost never gradual. The night when it becomes evident that a fighter no longer has what it takes to compete at the highest level it is often wildly brutal and dramatic, it is not signified by something as harmless as shooting 20% from the field or completing 10-of-35 passes with four interceptions. When it’s gone for a fighter, they find themselves positioned across from a very dangerous individual who is trying to hurt them. It is a life-threatening situation. Perhaps that is the fate that awaits Mayweather on Saturday night but the possibility is so astronomically remote that it is barely worth discussing. Instead, even if you despise the man and what Amos Youth Jersey he represents, it is time to doff your cap and send him on his way. The last laugh is Floyd’s – and surely he has earned it. “I still find it remarkable that this cocky little fucker, he was right,” DiBella said, with a laugh. “It’s nearly 20 years later and this kid still hasn’t lost and he’s amassed the biggest fortune that any fighter ever has in boxing

#242 01-09-2017 03:02:46

yehongkun362330
Membre

Floyd Mayweather Jr is the finest boxer of his generation, unbeaten in 49 paying fights and 26 world championship contests with titles in five weight classes, who has never even been down or seriously hurt as a professional. Time to doff your cap because the last laugh will be Floyd Mayweather’s Read more For years he was billed as Pretty Boy Floyd, an extraordinary boxer with little profile beyond hardcore fight fans. Then, in 2007, he bought out his contract with promoter Bob Arum for $750,000 and recast himself as the made-for-TV pantomime villain Money Mayweather, embracing the fact that more customers pay to watch him lose than to watch him win. It has paid off handsomely – Mayweather has gone from a $2m-a-fight boxer to one of the highest-earning sportsmen ever. This is no less than a miracle given his risk-averse, defensive style that appeals to a subset of aficionados but not the broader public that has always preferred slugging to boxing. The week before his first UFC fight, in 2013, Conor McGregor was a plumber’s apprentice in Dublin collecting a $235 welfare check. Since then, he has become the biggest name in mixed martial arts, and the first fighter to hold UFC championships in two divisions when he knocked out Eddie Alvarez last year. Like Mayweather, he is known for his brash style and penchant for trash talkThe scheduled 12-round bout will take place under the unified rules of boxing at the junior welterweight limit of 154lbs. This poses a problem for McGregor, who has never boxed professionally or even at the senior amateur level, against any experienced boxerAuthentic Jonas Siegenthaler Womens Jersey – let alone an opponent of Mayweather’s caliber. The circus match, dismissed by purists as a money-spinning farce, has been likened to a 5,000m race between Usain Bolt and Mo Farah or a trumpet competition between Miles Davis and Jimi HendrixThe closest historical analogue is Muhammad Ali’s risible fight with the Japanese pro wrestler Antonio Inoki in 1976, which is widely regarded as the most embarrassing moment of the Greatest’s career. Ali, then in his second reign as world heavyweight champion, traveled to Tokyo to fight Inoki under a negotiated set of rules that drew from boxing and wrestling, a sort of precursor to what is known as mixed martial arts today. Inoki spent nearly all of the 15-round on his back, kicking at Ali’s legs, causing a pair of blood clots that would affect his mobility for the rest of his fighting days. When it was over, the judges scored it a draw and the angry spectators threw garbage into the ringMayweather will earn a minimum purse of $100m, matching the career-high guarantee he made for his 2015 megafight with Manny Pacquiao. That takeaway is expected to balloon past $200m once the pay-per-view receipts, closed-circuit revenues and foreign sales are tallied. McGregor’s contracted purse is $30m, which is 10 times his previous career-high guarantee of $3m for his rematch with Nate Diaz last year. His total earnings are expected to exceed $75m once his share of the promotion is accounted for. So they’re both winners, reallyFloyd Mayweather and Conor McGregor both made the weight before their much-anticipated junior middleweight showdown on Saturday night in Las Vegas. Who will win Mayweather v McGregor? Our writers' and fighters' predictions Read more McGregor was first on the scales on Friday at the T-Mobile Arena and weighed in at 153lbs, one pound below the division limit. Mayweather tipped the scales at 149.5lbs. By coming Authentic Ed Davis Womens Jersey in under the 154lb limit, the Irishman immediately quelled rumours – floated by Mayweather’s camp at Wednesday’s final press conference – that he was looking big and having trouble making the contracted weight. McGregor, 28, who is making his professional boxing debut after winning UFC titles in two divisions, was first into the arena, emerging slowly from the back of the room draped in an Irish flag as a clean version of Notorious BIG’s Hypnotize played on the sound system. The 40-year-old Mayweather followed, all smiles in a white TMT T-shirt and grey sweatpants as Phil Collins’ In the Air Tonight rang around the arena. When the fighters came together for the traditional staredown, McGregor taunted and screamed in his opponent’s face before turning to the crowd and pounding his chest while Mayweather calmly chewed his gum looking uninterestedMcGregor accused Mayweather of “being full of water” and in “the worst shape I’ve ever seen”, saying he had never had any concern about coming in on target. “I’m a professional, I make weight,” said McGregor, who estimated he will rehydrate to around 170lbs by Saturday night. “It’s about sacrifices, dedication. It’s focus. I make it and that’s it. I’ve put in the work as everyone can tell. I’m ready. “[I’ll be] a lot bigger than him [on fight night].” Said http://www.officialnikejetshop.com/wayn … -c-37.html Mayweather in a separate interview: “I’ve been here before. I know what it takes, what is a fight of this magnitude.” When asked about his decision to come in four-and-a-half pounds under the junior welterweight limit, Mayweather was to the point. Conor McGregor's biggest weapon? His lack of boxing experience Read more “Weight doesn’t win fights, fighting wins fights,” he said. “It won’t go the distance, mark my words.” The undefeated five-division champion did suffer a loss of sorts on the afternoon when Baltimore’s Gervonta Davis, a rising star in Mayweather’s nascent promotional stable, came in two pounds over the 130lb division limit for his IBF junior lightweight title defence against Costa Rica’s Francisco Fonseca. The first sign something was amiss came when they skipped the Davis-Fonseca weigh-in during the lead-up to Mayweather-McGregor. Only an hour later after the building had mostly emptied did Davis and Fonseca step on the scale. The 22-year-old Davis, who captured the title in January to become the second youngest world champion in boxing, defended his title against mandatory challenger Amos Youth Jersey Liam Smith in May but forfeited it on the scale Friday after failing to make the weight. Fonseca, who weighed 130lbs exactly, can win the title if he upsets Davis in a scheduled 12-rounder that will air immediately before Mayweather-McGregor. But if Davis wins, the title will remain vacant. Davis tweeted an apology to his supporters on Friday. “I’m young, I’m growing. I had a chance to make the weight I knew I couldn’t make it & that’s that,” he said. “I will have a belt again

#243 01-09-2017 03:30:03

yehongkun362330
Membre

If Conor McGregor comes up short against Floyd Mayweather in their junior middleweight fight on Saturday night at the T-Mobile Arena, it won’t be for lack of support. Thousands of Irish fans have descended on the Las Vegas Deion Sanders Womens Jersey strip to support their countryman as he looks to spring an upset that would surely rate among the greatest in the history of the prize ring. Inside Conor McGregor’s Dublin: the making of the fighter taking on Mayweather Read more Their presence can be crudely quantified by the prices at the sports books around town, which have shortened over the course of the week to roughly 3-1, exceedingly charitable odds for a novice boxer making his professional debut against a five-division champion who is unbeaten in 49 paying fights. But it’s been even more palpable on the strip, which has become a blur of emerald soccer, rugby union and Gaelic football jerseys. They were carousing from dawn on Friday in the casinos and at the swanky outdoor watering holes beneath a cloudless sky on the way to the T-Mobile Arena, double-fisting beers and frozen drinks, singing songs and brimming with confidence as bright as the August sun. Among them were Dillon Barnes, Bob Neville and Gibo MacDermott, who were sucking down beers outside the T-Mobile Arena several hours before Friday’s weigh-in, wearing matching kelly-green suits festooned with shamrocks. Neville even remembered to wear a dress shirtAll three came over from the Dublin suburb of Crumlin that produced McGregor and spoke with pride of how they knew the two-division UFC champion from the early days. MacDermott, 35, said he used to work as a plumber with McGregor, while Barnes and Neville, both in their late 20s, said they played on the same soccer team with him. “I was up front, scoring goals: boom, boom, boom!” Neville recalled in animated detail. “Conor was just defending, knocking people out.” Like many McGregor supporters who traveled from abroad, the trio were struggling to score tickets for the fight, which were still hovering around $1,300 apiece on http://www.footballpanthershop.com/Ed_D … rsey_Cheap the secondary market on Saturday morningDarren and Gráinne O’Mahony had no such problem. The husband and wife from Limerick, who arrived on Thursday for a four-night stay at the Golden Nugget downtown, jumped on a pair of seats immediately when they went on sale. “The tickets were costly,” Gráinne said with a cheerful grin. “We’ll probably have to starve for a couple of months but it was worth it. “We’re here for Conor because we know he’s going to do it and we’re here to celebrate afterwards. I couldn’t get off work but I told them I have to get it off, I have to come here to support him.” We’re here for Conor because we know he’s going to do it Gráinne O’Mahony, fan from Limerick Darren was in the stands at Neptune Stadium in Cork seven years ago when McGregor was submitted by Joe Duffy in one of his first MMA bouts. That setback feels like a far-off memory, he said, and he has no doubt that McGregor will shock the pundits on Saturday night. “We wouldn’t be here otherwise,” he said. Their confidence was matched by Jennifer Fitzpatrick, a 22-year-old from Dublin temporarily in San Diego on a student visa. “McGregor, 100%,” said Fitzpatrick, clad in an orange sports bra and Irish flag. “I think it will go on for a while, but eventually he’ll get to himEoin Ryan, 21, who arrived Saturday from Clonakilty in Cork with four of his friends, was a bit more tempered in his optimism. “My head says http://www.broncosfootballprosshop.com/ … rsey_Cheap Mayweather, my heart says McGregor,” he said between pulls from a Four Loko tall boy. “If [Conor] hits him with one, he might finish him. I’m just here for a good time.” Ryan’s group only had tickets for the weigh-in, which were distributed for free to the public but being hawked by scalpers outside for $50 to $75. “We’re here on vacation and we happened to be here for the fight by chance,” Ryan said. “Just soaking in the atmosphere and the sun, having a good time.” Screaming Conor McGregor ridicules Floyd Mayweather at weigh-in Read more Mayweather was born in the midwest but for nearly all his adult life his home has been Las Vegas, the desert town of 600,000 souls whose excess and chaos and seductive mythology he’s come to embody. His last 14 fights have taken place here, even if the crowd support has seldom reflected a hometown advantage due to the villainous persona he willingly embraces. The atmosphere for Saturday’s fight will be no exception if Friday’s weigh-in was any indication. The well-lubricated masses screamed frantically for McGregor the moment he emerged from the back of the arena and were sent into hysterics when the Irishman screamed in Mayweather’s face during the tradition staredown. “There’s a saying: you’ll never beat the Irish,” McGregor said afterward over the arena’s PA system. “You can’t beat us. We roll in and we take over wherever Dennis Byrd Jersey we want. “Las Vegas is Ireland now

#244 01-09-2017 03:45:15

yehongkun362330
Membre

It had all the trappings of a big-ticket prizefight: the glitzy Las Vegas backdrop, the arena-rock production values, the small fleet of celebrities and high rollers at ringside in well-cut suits and couture dresses. But it was an illusion, one that evaporated before the eyes of the countless throngs who believed that the boxing rookie Conor McGregor had any chance in a scheduled 12-round junior middleweight fight against Floyd Mayweather, the undefeated five-division champion and finest boxer of his era. Mayweather needed three rounds to take the two-division UFC champion’s measure before spending the next seven walking him down, picking him apart and closing the show with a 10th-round technical knockout before a crowd of 14,623 at the T-Mobile Arena. Afterward he announced his retirement with a record of 50 wins in 50 professional bouts with 27 by stoppage. Not since a dubious points loss to Bulgaria’s Serafim Todorov at the 1996 Olympics has a Mayweather fight ended without the American’s hand raisedOur game plan was to take our time, go to him, let him shoot his shots early and then take him out down the stretch,” said the 40-year-old Mayweather, who ended a bout inside the distance for the first time since a controversial knockout of Victor Ortiz six years ago and only the second time in a decade. “We know in MMA, he fights for 25 minutes. After 25 minutes, he started to slow down. I guaranteed to everybody that this wouldn’t go the distance.” Vegas is a town built on suckers and dreamers and there were no shortage of either in the desert this week for a fight that’s expected to threaten the all-time revenue records set by Mayweather’s megafight with Manny Pacquiao in 2015. Yes, it could have been worse. McGregor acquitted himself nicely, landed a few early punches that raised some eyebrows and precluded the disgrace many pundits expected, but it was still the mismatch augured from day one. McGregor, the 29-year-old southpaw from Dublin, shot from his corner and tried to swarm Mayweather from the opening bell, landing a pair of body shots and a pawing left upstairs. But Mayweather calmly fought off the back foot and assessed the unknown quantity before him, allowing McGregor to throw clumsy, lunging shots that Joe Namath Womens Jersey missed wildly. Early in the second McGregor was warned by referee Robert Byrd for hitting behind the head early as Mayweather continued to sit back and take the Irishman’s measure. McGregor even switched to an orthodox stance momentarily, which seemed to give the boxer pause. Yet the slow pace prevailed with Mayweather continuing to throw judiciously, mostly leading with jabs to the bodyMcGregor’s disciplined if raw approach continued into the third as he continued to snap straight right-hand leads while Mayweather tried to set traps. The roughhousing continued as McGregor found the back of Mayweather’s head once more, this time avoiding a warning. Mayweather was struggling to let his hands go, but not for long. Mayweather burst to life in the fourth, stepping into the pocket and landing a right hand and a hook to the body. He continued to close the distance and suddenly it was McGregor in retreat. It took a bit longer than usual, perhaps owing to the 714-day layoff, but Mayweather had zeroed in on his strategy: he would adapt the style of a pressure fighter and fight McGregor inside. Midway through the fifth round McGregor was showing signs of fatigue as Mayweather was speeding up, landing a hard body shot followed by a chopping left hand early in the frame that dazed the Irishman, whose shots no longer had anything behind them. By the sixth McGregor was taking heavy breaths and Mayweather continued to march inside, landing three straight rights that http://www.authenticflyerstore.com/auth … ersey.html brought the crowd to their feet. Conor McGregor: from plumber to UFC champ and Mayweather challenger – in pictures View gallery The bigger man was getting bullied and not even the chants of “Con-or! Con-or!” that cascaded down from the Irish fans in the upper deck could breathe life into their man. Mayweather was in total control. He continued to press in the seventh with McGregor in survival mode, shredding the Irishman with a three-punch combination punctuated with a right cross. What punches McGregor could manage were devoid of snap. The punishment persisted into the eighth as Mayweather bounced punches one after another off McGregor, snapping his neck back with an uppercut near the end of the frame. Advertisement McGregor, in somewhat of a surprise, sprinted from his corner in the ninth and for a third time forced the referee to unwrap him from Mayweather’s back, prompting another stern warning but no deduction. It wouldn’t matter. Mayweather picked right up where he left off in the eighth once proceedings resumed, cracking McGregor with a combination upstairs that left him spun round and handing onto the ropes to stay upright. One, two, three, four right hands connected with McGregor’s head and he looked ready to go, saved by the bell. The end came early in the 10th when Mayweather landed a right hand that sent McGregor reeling before following Authentic Matt Wieters Youth Jersey up with a more than dozen unanswered punches, prompting Byrd to intervene at the 1:05 mark. “I thought it was a little early on the stoppage,” said McGregor, who landed 111 of 430 punches (26%) compared to 170 of 320 punches for his opponent (53%). “I get a little wobbly when I’m tired. But get me in the corner and I’ll recover and I’ll come back. There’s a lot on the line here – he should have let me keep going until I hit the floor. I was just a little fatigued. He was a lot more composed, especially in the later parts of the fight.” Of Mayweather, he said: “He’s a lot better than I thought he’d be. He’s a tough competitor, but I was the better man tonight.” Floyd Mayweather v Conor McGregor: boxer beats UFC star in superfight – as it happened Rolling report: The former boxing world champion and UFC’s biggest star met in Las Vegas for a highly anticipated superfight as Floyd Mayweather retired with a victory Read more Relative to expectations, it will leave a better taste in customers’ mouths than the Pacquiao fight, a summit meeting between two all-time greats six years in the making that failed to realize the stratospheric expectations. But Saturday’s scrap lacked the high tension and drama inherent in true championship affairs. McGregor’s devoted believers aside, this more of an event than a fight, less about who would win rather than how it would happen. Fortunately for all, especially the Nevada Athletic Commission who sanctioned it, McGregor gave a better accounting of himself than anyone expected, even as he faded badly down the stretch. Afterward the http://www.officialpadrestore.com/Wil_Myers_Jersey fighters embraced in the center of the ring surrounded by their handlers, smiles all around. And why not? McGregor had earned a minimum of $30m, a tenfold increase of his previous career-high purse of $3m, a total that could exceed $75m once his share of the pay-per-view receipts, live gate, closed-circuit revenues and foreign sales are tallied. Advertisement The numbers are even rosier for Mayweather, whose minimum purse of $100m matched the career-high guarantee he made for the Pacquiao fight. That total is expected to swell past $200m once his share of the promotion is accounted for. The enterprise is the pièce de résistance of the genius hatched by Mayweather and scaled to stupefying proportions by enigmatic advisor Al Haymon, the Harvard-educated former concert promoter who seldom appears in public and never speaks to the press. They figured out long ago that more fans would hand over their scratch to watch him lose than to watch him win and they rode the formula to more than $1bn in revenue based on an inconvenient truth: there will always be a market for some in America for the possibility of watching an unapologetic black fighter getting beaten. But for Mayweather, comeuppance never came. And now, surely it seems, never will. “We do foolish things sometimes, but I’m not a damn fool,” he said in the aftermath. “If I see an opportunity to make $300m in 36 minutes, why not? I had to do it. But this is the last one, you guys have my word. I had a great career. I can’t complain about anything

#245 01-09-2017 04:19:07

yehongkun362330
Membre

Only the most devoted supporters of Conor McGregor, of which there were no shortage in Las Vegas, gave him a chance in Saturday’s junior middleweight fight with Floyd Mayweather. What hope did a mixed martial artist who had never boxed professionally or even at the senior amateur level have against not just any elite boxer, but a slick technician regarded as the greatest of his era? Mayweather retires after picking apart Conor McGregor in 10 rounds Read more Yet for the first http://www.authenticsandiegopadres.com/ … ynn-Jersey three rounds of Saturday’s money-spinning blockbuster at the T-Mobile Arena, the unimaginable appeared within touching distance. McGregor found Mayweather with jabs. He touched him with right hands and body shots and even a sharp uppercut. Against all odds, this was a fight. The class, poise and experience of the American prevailed in the end but McGregor delivered a far more credible performance in his debut than even the most cynical observers could have expected, placing the UFC’s first ever simultaneous two-division champion at an unprecedented crossroads. “This was some buzz to come in and face this man,” said a cheerful McGregor at the post-fight press conference. “So many doubters. First it was this fight is never going to happen, then it was like I’m not going to lay a glove on him. So many things to overcome. I just enjoyed the whole experience. I have many options in mixed martial arts. I’m sure there’s options that will present themselves in the boxing game. “But right now I’m a free agent. My name is on the ring.” Make no mistake, Mayweather was in control from the jump, his slow start attributable to a constellation of factors including his advanced age, ring rust from a lay-off of nearly two years and a strategy of tactical concession designed to draw a novice boxer into deep waters. McGregor was stopped inside the distance and any flowing praise would amount to grading him on a curve. But consider that a total of nine Mayweather opponents landed less than 100 punches in a 12-round fight, among them Authentic Trevor Cahill Womens Jersey Manny Pacquiao, while McGregor landed 111 in less than 10I believe the first couple of shots flustered him,” McGregor said. “But then he started reading them and parrying the shots well. He had a good strong parry on his lead hand. And he dipped low and caught the body shots well. I enjoyed the fight, it was a great contest and a lot of stuff I’ll take with me.” He added: “I have many options in MMA. I love a good fight and this was a damn good fight. I enjoyed myself and long may it continue. I cannot tell you what is next, but something will be next.” The UFC president, Dana White, speaking before McGregor’s arrival at the post-fight debriefing, was understandably reticent about the biggest name in his stable remaining in boxing. “I would rather he did not,” White said. “This isn’t what he does. He’s a mixed martial artist where he goes in and he uses all of his weapons, and tonight he was only allowed to use his hands. I think he did great tonight. I don’t think there’s anything left to prove.” But it may not be White’s choice. After earning a minimum of $30m, a tenfold increase on his previous career-high purse of $3m, which could balloon to $75m once his Adidas Pierre Turgeon Womens Jersey share of the pay-per-view receipts, live gate, closed-circuit revenues and foreign sales are tallied, McGregor might like to see how far he could go in the square circle. “The check is all right,” said McGregor with a laugh when asked to assess the difference between boxing and MMA. “The check’s not bad. But I’ve already been raising the MMA checks, so don’t get it twisted. I’m gonna raise the MMA checks when I go back there. Floyd Mayweather beats Conor McGregor: how the fight unfolded – in pictures Read more “I don’t know what the difference is but it’s different. It’s very different. It’s just a little more cleaner or something. But I enjoyed it very very much, it was an honor for me to come over on to the boxing side and showcase my skills. “I know there was a lot of disrespect and disregard for my skill. I’m a multiple-weight free-fighting world champion, I was a little taken aback by the disrespect and disregard that I was shown. In fairness, Floyd and his team never showed that disrespect. It was just the overall, everyone else. And it was almost like a jealousy thing so I just got over it. But the disrespect for my skill set was … it took me back a bit. But I always knew when the fight came around on August 26th I’m going to show up and give a good account of myself.” “I am certainly http://www.authenticbuffalosabres.com/a … nen-jersey open to all options. I am young, I’m fresh and I am ready

#246 01-09-2017 05:04:47

yehongkun362330
Membre

into the fight that was supposed to be a farce, Conor McGregor swung, staggering the greatest boxer of his generation. Every McGregor punch seemed to come from a place that said he wouldn’t be a joke, a man wading into a world in which he didn’t belong. More than a few times on Saturday night he surprised Floyd Mayweather – and how many boxers have done that in the last 20 years? On the night McGregor was supposed to be exposed as a huckster with a mouth, he won by losing. He won by lasting more than nine rounds with a man who many thought would knock him out in seconds. He won by saying he didn’t want to lose in the referee’s arms but flat on the canvas, staring at the arena lights like a great brawler who gave everything he had. “Better than I thought he was,” Mayweather said of McGregor after his 10th-round TKO victory. Those six Wayne Gretzky Authentic Jersey words bought McGregor credibility and a path to tens, if not hundreds, of millions of dollars. Floyd Mayweather beats Conor McGregor: how the fight unfolded – in pictures View gallery There’s a temptation to dislike McGregor. His act, once clever, too often deteriorates into profane absurdity. His foul-mouthed rants are tiresome. He preens around like a rooster in Gucci, flashing gold and talking filth. He crossed the line in his pre-fight press conferences with Mayweather. His demand that his African American opponent dance for him – recycled from previous sideshows in the UFC – could only be seen as racist, whether he intended for it to be or not. But when the bell rang on a fight that had more than a whiff of Phelps v Shark, McGregor delivered substance. His stance was awkward, like he was trying to remember newly-learned dance moves, but he didn’t go down. He took big punches and threw some of his own, although it must be said that the majority lacked venom. Afterwards Mayweather admitted the Irishman’s unorthodox angles caused him problems. And because of this he has bought himself a bigger future than ever seemed possible. McGregor has much to look forward to at the age of 29. Already, he has http://www.officialsstlouisblues.com/Customized defeated the supposedly invincible Jose Aldo in 13 seconds, become the first UFC fighter to hold two titles at the same time and dragged the omnipotent Dana White into a boxing debacle the UFC president wanted no part of. He’s kicked through the chains that shackle MMA fighters, showing them a road to real money and now he’s danced into boxing, where the best self-promoters make themselves rich beyond belief. It’s easy now to picture McGregor Productions, McGregor Studios and McGregor Inc with fleets of helicopters, limousines and a 400ft yacht. He can return to the UFC and finish his trilogy with Nate Diaz. He can fight Mayweather again should the millions be enough to pull the 50-0 champion away from a second retirement. Or he can go straight to Dancing With The Stars as one sports marketing expert recently suggested to the Guardian. Mayweather retires after picking apart Conor McGregor in 10 rounds Read more Yes, McGregor Tyler Myers Womens Jersey won a lot by losing in the manner he did on Saturday. He could have taken an easy way out. He could have grabbed the $100m or whatever his share turns out to be, stashed the money away and flopped in the ring. No one would have blamed him if he looked like a dud against Mayweather: many gifted fighters have looked worse against the American than McGregor did on Saturday. Instead, he fought. He won the first three rounds and may have taken one late as well. In doing so he may have torn down the wall that separates boxing from MMA. After Saturday, when the UFC champion went 10 rounds with a boxer now 50-0, there has to be a new regard from boxing fans for MMA. Likewise, those who have been howling at boxing’s demise have to marvel at Mayweather’s discipline, study the way he wore McGregor down and understand the physical and mental demands of a sport they mock. Maybe at last, a bridge has been built between two disparate islands, bringing new fans to different disciplines. Maybe, as the UFC star suggested after the bout, this http://www.officialwinnipegjets.com/Customized is the first of a series of MMA-boxing superfights. Anything is possible after the crazy rise of Conor McGregor

#247 06-09-2017 02:44:34

yehongkun362330
Membre

on reflection, the best place to watch a bar fight. Ultimately, for Conor McGregor, there was time for neither much thinking nor a lot of what the Irishman would regard as proper fighting. He roughly doubled his Warholian 15 minutes of fame and considerably enhanced his wealth, while retaining a good deal of dignity in defeat. Yet, from our noisy spot in front of a screen in the Lansdowne Road Bar (where else?) in New York City on Saturday night, it was clear that what mental and physical space Floyd Mayweather allowed the mixed martial artist on his grown-up debut in a squared ring in Las Vegas was way more intense than anything McGregor can have imagined during his youth back in Dublin. His diddling about during a handful of teenage amateur boxing bouts in Crumlin, topped up by preparation for this fight that had its infancy in sparring a year ago, was the most uninformative preparation for what engulfed him from the midway stages of the nine-and-a-bit rounds it lasted. Mayweather retires after picking apart Conor McGregor in 10 rounds Read more As Jake LaMotta is alleged to have spluttered through bruised lips at Sugar Ray Robinson in the 13th round of the last of their six fights, in Chicago in 1951: ※Ya never put me down, Ray. Ya never put me down.§ And so it was for McGregor, slapped so sharply and with such inevitability from the sixth to the 10th, but left with the compensation of perpendicularity at the end. Of course they smiled and embraced. Metaphorically that is what they had been doing in an elongated buildup that took http://www.officialcapitalsauthentic.co … ler_Jersey in a publicity tour of the UK 每 where pay-per-view numbers on Sky were expected to be stratospheric 每 and the United States, where punters paid nearly $100 for the privilege of watching this unique occasion at home or $40 in bars like the Lansdowne Road on 10th Avenue. Mayweather made way north of the rumoured $100m and is now a billionaire. McGregor went home with a kitty close to the $30m figure that leaked out from sources. Showtime and other outlets cleaned up too. It was, as they claimed, the biggest fight in history, financially at least. And that was the point of it all for the fighters. Contrary to the wider perception, they cared not a lot for the integrity of their disciplines. They very much appreciated giving appearances to the contrary, however, which left the altogether false impression that boxing*s future was in the hands of its maestro and Dana White*s rolling UFC circus was going to depend on a McGregor miracle. But miracles happen only in the Bible and Hollywood. This was neither a sermon on the mount nor a movie. There were few lessons learned but the obvious ones. As every worthwhile expert 每 almost exclusively from the world of professional boxing 每 had been saying for months, McGregor stood no chance. Floyd Mayweather beats Conor McGregor: how the fight unfolded 每 in pictures View gallery That does not mean boxing is better than MMA. If McGregor had won, neither would it have proved the opposite. They are as different as rugby league is from rugby union. Boxing is a sport conducted directly over the leading leg, with the weight held there as a fulcrum through which Authentic Justin Williams Womens Jersey all meaningful blows are launched, with spontaneity and speed; MMA, a sport of punching, kicking and grappling, relies on the mutual agreement of distance and pausing and is conducted in staccato bursts of flying legs, gloves and lunging. So fair play to Ireland*s finest exponent of the mixed arts for even attempting to compete with the finest boxer of this generation while leaving most of his weapons at homeAll the Dubliner*s good work arrived in the early rounds when Mayweather traditionally inspects his prey for signs of weakness. As he slipped and slid, gliding in and out of danger with that lethal right hand cocked, the 40-year-old who had not fought in two years shipped the odd shot but was merely fattening the calf. The scientific slaughter took him only as long as he chose. McGregor had his moments: the odd uppercut here, a southpaw right hook there. But, as in his own sport, they arrived with all the speed and transparency of a postcard. When McGregor discovered the cost of postage, the correspondence dwindled. As Mayweather pasted McGregor with one searing shot after another in the 10th round he looked nearly as commanding as he did in the same round in the same town against Ricky Hatton nearly a decade ago. That, significantly, had been his last proper knockout victory (discounting his sneaky, barely legal stoppage of Victor Ortiz in 2011). Hatton, though, had fought 43 times without losing; McGregor had never fought, not at this level in this sport. Mayweather Festus Ezeli Jersey has aged, certainly. Yet, two years after walking away from boxing with a perfunctory points win over Andre Berto, he returned with an acceptable performance against a manufactured opponent to inch past the 49-0 record of Rocky Marciano. That statistical highpoint, though, should be regarded as The Rock*s son, Rocky Jr, described it: bogus. This was, Junior said, ※an exhibition match§. Conor McGregor won a lot when he lost to Floyd Mayweather Read more It is a minor outrage 每 and not one worth bothering a lot about 每 that Mayweather should stand above Marciano as an unbeaten and retired champion. Rocky did his work in the Sugar Ray era, against many fine heavyweights; Mayweather, too, has beaten a lot of excellent opponents; McGregor, for all his bravery in a strange sport, was not one of them. A proper boxing match will take place in three weeks. What Mayweather-McGregor did was distract briefly from what should be the fight of the year when Gennady Golovkin and Sa迆l ※Canelo§ 芍lvarez go to the same T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas to decide who can be regarded as the best middleweight in the world. Mayweather gave 芍lvarez a boxing lesson across the road at the MGM Grand four years ago, the Mexican*s only setback in a career that began when he was 16, about http://www.officialblazershop.com/authe … ersey.html the age young McGregor had abandoned the gloves to earn a living as a plumber. As Mayweather*s career wound down, he should have crowned it with a fight against Golovkin, the wondrous Kazak who seemed unbeatable until he flirted with defeat in his 37th bout, against Daniel Jacobs at Madison Square Garden in March. But he denied us that fight. Instead it was McGregor. All praise to the loser. He did as well as his skills allowed. Yet the lingering emotion as the bar crowd spilled out into the New York night was one of paying for a steak and getting a hot dog. The Guinness was good, though

#248 06-09-2017 03:09:07

yehongkun362330
Membre

Shai Hope has been tipped to become a “potential great” of the game by the West Indies head coach, Stuart Law, with the young batsman having shown staggering self belief before and during their famous Headingley run chase. That the series with England is level at 1-1 going into the third Test at Lord’s on Thursday comes down chiefly to Hope’s stellar twin hundreds last week, the second of which, an unbeaten 118, helped chase down 322 for a famous five-wicket in. Law, who also lambasted those who had criticised his young side, revealed his orders to the players before the final day at Headingley were simply to assess the chances of a win after tea only for Hope, 23 years old and averaging 18 from 11 Tests before his first-innings 147, to insist otherwise. “I remember sitting down next to Lars Eller Jersey him in the dressing room and said that the plan is we’ll bat to tea, see where we are and if we’ve got wickets in hand we’ll work out if we’re going to have a go or not,” recalled Law. The Recap: sign up for the best of the Guardian's sport coverage Read more “He looked at me, and I said: ‘What’s wrong with that?’ He looked at me again, shook his head and shrugged his shoulders – and I said: ‘OK, what’s your plan?’ “‘We’re going to win,’ he said. That’s God’s honest truth and he went out and won the game.” On how far Hope can progress, Law replied: “I think the fact he wasn’t over the top in his celebrations just means he’s hungry, he’s driven. He doesn’t want to stop where he’s at now – he wants to keep going. “The challenge for Shai is to stay fit and healthy. If he does that, with the drive he’s got and the mental toughness and will to work, that will just make him better and better. He’s pretty good now, but he’s got the potential to go great.” Law claimed he always had the belief in his players and had some words for his former Essex team-mate Nasser Hussain, following a newspaper column after the fourth day in which the former England captain suggested Jason Holder’s side had flagged due to the demands of Test cricket being less than Twenty20. “People make assumptions all the time,” said Law. “But he doesn’t know http://www.officialblazershop.com/authe … ersey.html the characters that are inside that dressing room – he doesn’t even know me and I played with him at Essex. Not a lot of these players play T20 cricket anyway. I think it was great we sent a big humble pie to go and chomp on in the commentary box. “I’ve seen these guys at close quarters. There’s immense confidence there. There was probably a couple that doubted their ability to cope at this level, but I hope those doubts are now well and truly put to bed and they can start flourishingEngland’s five-Test series against world No1-ranked India in 2018 will include a Saturday start in the third match at Trent Bridge. India, who will be taking part in a five-match Test series in England for only the second time since 1959, will begin their tour in July with a three-match Twenty20 series, followed by three one-day internationals and the Test matches at Edgbaston, Lord’s, Trent Bridge, the Ageas Bowl and The Oval. The ECB’s announcement of the international schedule in the English summer also includes meetings with Pakistan, Australia and Scotland. England’s summer begins at Lord’s with the first of a two-Test Authentic ArDarius Stewart Womens Jersey series against Pakistan on 24 May, with the second Test to be played at Headingley a week later. England squad unchanged for series decider against West Indies at Lord’s Read more The one-day side head to Edinburgh on 10 June to face Scotland before five one-day internationals and one T20 meeting with Australia later that month. The ECB’s chief executive officer, Tom Harrison, said: “A five-Test series against India is at the heart of next summer’s international programme. This is always a much-anticipated contest which attracts a huge following across the globe for the five-day game. “Test match cricket has a strong, consistent and passionate following across England and Wales and the seven summer Tests, starting with the Pakistan matches, are sure to attract good crowds. “Alongside these, England’s white-ball contests against India, Australia and Scotland will give a fascinating http://www.authenticchicagoblackhawks.c … nder=Youth guide to form ahead of the ICC Cricket World Cup, to be staged here in 2019

#249 06-09-2017 03:30:34

yehongkun362330
Membre

With the top 10 sides in the County Championship playing each other, cutely meeting in order (first v second, third v fourth and so on) as the season reaches its sharp end, it all looked a little too perfect, so the rain intervened. By 1pm on the first day across Sebastian Aho Jersey nine matches, just five wicketless overs had been possible, as Surrey reached 16 without loss against Hampshire. Typically, they proved to be the only five overs at the Ageas Bowl. With washouts between the top two, Essex and Lancashire, and the fifth- and sixth-placed sides, Middlesex and Yorkshire, it was left to the cellar-dwellers, Somerset and Warwickshire, to slug it out in the only meaningful top-flight action. Was a headline-making village team’s declaration against the spirit of cricket? Read more A result would be ruinous for both sides (particularly the hosts, who are 35 points off Yorkshire) – and, should the weather play ball, a draw looks unlikely, because the ball is already turning plenty, and both teams are playing two handy spinners. 广告 inRead invented by Teads After Somerset won the toss and opted to bat, they reached stumps 203 for four. They may already be planning for the future (Somerset started the day by announcing the release of three players, including the white-ball captain Jim Allenby, while Warwickshire bid farewell to two), but neither is giving up their Division One status without a scrap. That early turn is because the pitch at Edgbaston was the same as for T20 Finals Day. That was the end of the comparisons between the two events, though, as epitomised by the moment when Tom Abell, the Somerset captain, swept Sunny Singh into a corner of the Hollies stand and Keith Barker had to go searching for it. On Saturday, with every fancy dress shop in the Midlands out of stock, that would have been a brave mission. On Tuesday, it was a lonely one. It is Abell’s unbroken fourth-wicket stand of 72 with Steven Davies that has given Somerset something on which to build. They came together after the top four – two of http://www.rangersteamonline.com/Joe_Kocur_Jersey them very green, two very seasoned – had been and gone with greater style than substance. The fourth, James Hildreth, was the worst offender, caught at slip lazily driving at Singh – who is 21 and the first professional cricketer to come through the schemes run by the charity Chance To Shine. His is a lovely story, and he is a lovely left-arm spinner. Somerset were then 131 for four in the 31st over. The morning session had been lost to rain, and Marcus Trescothick was the first wicket to fall after leaning into a few typically crunching cover drives. Jeetan Patel was introduced in just the seventh over and Trescothick looked to cut a ball that was too full and too straight, and was caught behind. George Bartlett soon followed, bowled by Ryan Sidebottom (the Victorian version), having got off the mark on first-class debut with a reverse sweep off Patel. Chris Lewis: ‘Talk about acute fear – the first night in prison was the hardest time’ Read more The reverse-sweep (along with the straight drive) had also been a productive stroke for Eddie Byrom, but it proved his downfall, as he top-edged Singh and was caught at slip. When Hildreth followed soon after, Abell and Davies’s bailout job was necessary. Abell was unobtrusive and Davies elegant, although he was dropped sharply by Patel at point moments before bad light ended Red Auerbach Jersey the day. Somerset, whose tail is long, must make the most of the reprieve. Worcestershire had the better of the Division Two title skirmish at Trent Bridge, using the 47.5 overs that were possible to reduce Nottinghamshire to 188 for nine. Notts never got going having been asked to bat first without a toss by Joe Leach, who immediately dismissed Steven Mullaney. Five batsmen reached 26 but none passed 34, including the Ashes hopeful Alex Hales, who made 28. While Ashwin is yet to bowl an over, Ed Barnard took four wickets for Worcestershire, who secured their third bowling point with the final two balls of the day – Brendan Taylor lbw to Leach, then Brett Hutton run out. Advertisement Northamptonshire’s Ben Duckett put a major dent in third-placed Sussex’s pursuit of promotion. He made an imperious 200-ball 193, with 26 fours, as Northants reached 329 for five. He was caught and bowled by Danny Briggs, who he had reverse-swept plenty, late in the day, seven shy of a second double-century in as many seasons against Sussex. This was a reminder that we should not judge Duckett solely on his tricky subcontinental international experience last autumn; on his return from a finger injury, this was his third Championship century of the summer, and he moved from 100 to 150 in just 36 balls. Kent took full advantage of the 32 overs that were possible at Chester-le-Street, reducing Durham to 61 for four, with two wickets for Mitchell Claydon and Adam Milne. Durham have been boosted by the return of Mark Wood – who has been left out of the England one-day http://www.officialmagicstoreonline.com … ier_Jersey squad to find red-ball form for the Ashes. At Grace Road Leicestershire, winless and coachless, moved to 90 for four against Gloucestershire before the rain set in

#250 06-09-2017 03:53:36

yehongkun362330
Membre

Eddie Jones has been spared an early-season headache with George Kruis and Ben Te’o set to return from injuries Sean Doolittle Womens Jersey suffered on the Premiership’s opening weekend earlier than expected and in good time for England’s autumn internationals. It had been feared that Kruis would require ankle surgery for the second time in 12 months after he lasted only 15 minutes of Saracens’ thumping win over Northampton at Twickenham. The 27-year-old lock is due to see a specialist later this week but the initial scan suggests he will return in a matter of weeks. Premiership rugby returns with a bang to trump all other global leagues Robert Kitson Robert Kitson Read more “It has been described to me as a bad yank to the ankle. It doesn’t look like it’s going to be overly serious. So that’s hopefully good news,” said the Saracens director of rugby, Mark McCall. “It’s going to be weeks rather than anything longer. The good news is that it’s very early in the season and he’ll be back in time to play some big games for us before the autumn internationals.” Te’o, meanwhile, was taken off after 27 minutes of Worcester’s heavy defeat at Newcastle with an arm injury last Friday. He too was due to have a scan amid fears from the Warriors director of rugby, Gary Gold, that he had suffered damage to a plate in his arm. Worcester have confirmed however that Te’o is fine to return to http://www.officialathleticshop.com/aut … ersey.html training this week in preparation for Sunday’s visit of Wasps. Kruis’s latest knock comes after he missed the Six Nations following knee surgery, having already been sidelined during last season’s autumn campaign with an ankle problem. In between he suffered a broken cheekbone but he recovered from his knee injury to earn selection on the British & Irish Lions tour and start the first Test against New Zealand. As with Te’o, however, he was dropped from the starting XV for the second two Tests. “We haven’t talked about it a lot. I just think the fact that he forced himself on to the tour with his performances at the end of the season, given all the challenges he had last year, tells you a lot,” added McCall. “George is just like the rest of our Lions players. He’s desperate to get better, George is in a competitive area in England, there are some very good second rows in the country. But George is keen to push on and prove himself.” Advertisement While Kruis will miss out against Bath on Saturday, McCall also revealed that more of his Lions contingent will return. Owen Farrell, Mako Vunipola, Jamie George and Liam Williams were rested against Northampton but all four Tim McCarver Womens Jersey are due to play either at the Rec or the following weekend when Saracens take on Newcastle in Philadelphia. That is also expected to be where Billy Vunipola makes a return from the shoulder injury that ruled him out of the Lions tour. McCall suggested the No8 may even feature against Bath but that a return in the US was more likely. “They’re champing at the bit. We’ll probably bring a few more back in, one way or another, this weekend, and maybe a couple the weekend after,” he said. “It’s a brilliant thing for the club that we have players who want to play, and they’re not coming back looking to be rested. That doesn’t mean that we shouldn’t look after them. But I’d rather have it this way.” Along with Kruis, Maro Itoje also started on Saturday, but in the back row because Michael Rhodes was not ready to play from the off and Calum Clark was out with a calf injury. When Kruis went off at Twickenham, however, Itoje stayed at flanker with the 19-year-old Nick Isiekwe, a lock with a burgeoning reputation after making his England debut in Argentina, stepping into the http://www.officialcardinalsbaseball.co … ersey.html second row. Saturday’s match is likely to come too soon for the Australian lock Will Skelton, who suffered a broken arm in pre-season, but McCall has no concerns over starting Isiekwe against Bath.“I thought Nick did a great job last weekend. I’m chuffed with his progress. He did a very good job off the bench for 65 minutes. He’s improving all the time,” added McCall. “His game understanding is good but as a 19-year-old you have to get better at mauling, better at defensive mauls. Just things that come with experience and time. But he’s pretty good at a lot of those things

Pied de page des forums